My Cancer Blog

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

A Tail To Tell

The calm before the storm
 
 
Buddy's clean-up effort after
 
 
And now for the rest of the...
 
 
 
Now, before anyone says; "Awe, what a good dog to help clean up the yard!"
Here is the rest of the 'tail'...
This morning was trash pick up for our neighborhood, so I had to run the trash out to the front...And when I say "run", I mean RUN...Buddy actually picked up that huge branch, and chased me both to and from the road with it!
Here you can (barely) see the trash container by the road
The crazy mutt even thought he was going to bring that branch into the
house. It's bigger than the front room (foyer)!
 
Still praying for all the folks who have lost loved ones, and who are beginning the process of cleaning up after the hurricane...The damage was pretty severe....If you get a chance, check out the picture in the post just before this one... It shows rescuers saving a child and even a family dog after the storm.
 

Joshua 1:9

 Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.
 
 
 
 
 
 

10 comments:

my simple reflections said...

haha funny...

Never Forsaken said...

That dog is always good for a laugh. glad he made you laugh too~ Lisa

Child of God said...

Silly dog! ;P

Blessings,
<><

Ken said...

Hi Lisa,
Good doggy :)
I loved the Bible passage you shared with this post.
Blessings,
Ken

Never Forsaken said...

God uses the silly things, LOL!

Never Forsaken said...

Hi Ken,

My husband came home from work yesterday, and got so mad at Bud because he had cleared all those branches, and Bud managed to find one from the neighboring yard and brought it to him when he got out of the car!

~God Bless~ Lisa

Peggy said...

Lisa, I'm thankful that you just lost a few branches. IMO your dog is beautiful. I join you in praying for all those who lost much more. Hope this finds you and your family feeling well.

Never Forsaken said...

Hi Peggy,

Buddy is a handsome boy. (just don't look at his saggy armpits, LOL!
I am still praying about the hurricane victims too. I am so glad that most heeded the warning to evacuate, or it would have taken many more lives I'm sure.
Our family has been blessed with some answered prayers this week...and this has renewed our faith that God does answer prayer! Praying for you and your family too...hope you don't overdue with the Holidays, and the big move! ~God Bless~

irene @ inspiration from the little things said...

that's indeed a huge branch LOL and speaking of pooches, i and my family came home from church tonight to see torn magazines in our living room, courtesy of my two babies. nope, i didn't get mad. how could i when they show me that i'm-so-glad-you're-back faces??!

good to know you're safe from sandy, lisa! take care always and God bless ❤ :-)

Never Forsaken said...

Hi Irene,

Those pooches get away with so much! It is hard to get mad at them.
Bud will soon be 3, but when he was a pup he ate my phone, several of my shoes (nobody elses), two poetry books, and the newest copy of Ceasar Malone's (dog whisperer) dog training book...yep, he really ate that one up! One time, my daughter and I came home to find all the living room sofa throw pillows in the kitchen, and just one tiny pillow from the bench in the foyer moved onto the living room sofa...? He watched me rearrange & wanted to try it himself?
You take care too, Irene~ God Bless~ Lisa

Happy? But..I have cancer!

    Are you happy?           Before you jump to an answer for this age-old question..let me ask something else first: Are you angr...