My Cancer Blog

Thursday, October 25, 2012

A New Day

 

 It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.
They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. (Lamentations 3:22-23)
 
 
Did you screw up yesterday?
Did you somehow fall short of what the Lord wanted you to do already today?

This is what happens. Each one of us can expect to sometimes fall short of the standard that Christ sets for us. If we make a mistake, we may need to repent of it. It is important that we learn to recognize whether or not it was an intentional act of sin, or perhaps a consequence of carelessness. Maybe we acted/ or failed to act, out of  fear, and mistrust, which by their very nature, are also sins against God, since He requires us to have faith in His ability and power to help us live according to His will...
~TRUST HIM~

But, once we have repented, The Lord does not want us to stay there and dwell on our failure! 
Today is a new day. Don't let past failures discourage you from trying and
(trusting) again.

And those who know your name put their trust in you,
for you, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek you.
Psalm 9:10

I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go;
I will counsel you with my loving eye on you.
 

Psalm 32:8

16 comments:

Child of God said...

Nice!
Stand up, brush off and keep on keeping on.

Blessings,
<><

Never Forsaken said...

That's the idea!

~God Bless~

Susie Swanson said...

Oh yes, it never fails with me but we have to keep on keeping on..God Bless You. Susie

Peggy said...

Beautiful verses, beautiful thoughts, beautiful pictures. Lisa, I hope you and your family are all feeling well. I pry you are having a lovely autumn and enjoying the scenery and weather. Let me know if there is anything specific I can pray for you. Peggy

Mara said...

These words are certainly good reminders for us all. I had a real bad day on Wednesday, but today - Thursday is going much better. Of course, the worries of life are still "lurking about," but at least today, I didn't "sit around and dwell" like I did on Wednesday, so that's an improvement, but only because He is working with me.

Blessings to you! :)

Never Forsaken said...

Hi Susie,

We are so blessed that God gives us this mercy each day. I know I sure need it! ~God Bless~ Lisa

Never Forsaken said...

Thank you Peggy,

I raked a bit today, but the ground and porch soon became covered again...there are very few leaves left as of Wednesday, and after I raked today, there is only one oak with any left...We sure enjoyed it while it lasted though!
Thanks as always for your prayers, my friend.
~God Bless~ Lisa

Never Forsaken said...

Hi Mara,

I guess my bad day was Tuesday...so I spent much of Wednesday in the Word...and felt much better. I am so glad our Heavenly Father works with His children, and doesn't leave us to dwell too long! Have a wonderful weekend!
~God Bless~ Lisa

Jedidja said...

Thank you. This posting is precious to me. I would like to pay for my sins sometimes. But if He forgives my sins (especially my failure in everyday life) I do not punish myself :-) Thank you. Every day a new chance to live with Him.

Karen Kyle Ericson said...

This is a great post Lisa very encouraging. Thank you! God bless : )

Jane said...

Hello Lisa! Isn't that a reassuring thought? Wonderful post! Are you ready for the snow? This certainly has been one of the prettiest autumns hasn't it?

Never Forsaken said...

Hi Jedidja,

I know what you mean, I think we must be careful not to feel so bad, that we think we should punish ourselves. God only wants us to acknowledge, and then turn away from our sins after we have asked His forgiveness. Thank God He forgets our repented sin!

Never Forsaken said...

Thank you Karen.
I'm praying for you over there on the east coast, awaiting the storm! ~God Bless you too, my friend~ Lisa

Never Forsaken said...

Hi Jane,

You are right, just when I thought we weren't gonna get much color this year, it turned out to be one of the best!
Am I ready for the snow? Good question, forecast is saying it is coming tomorrow! You are on the east coast of the state, so you might get some effect from hurricane Sandy.
I know my family just south of you, near 25, will likely get some weather.
~God bless~ Lisa

Reformed rebel said...

Hi Lisa ~ Good post! And yes...I screw up and fall short daily! Thankful that we serve a GOD who loves us unconditionally!
So glad you are back on line. It's nice to read your posts and hear from you. Blessings...Chelle

Just Be Real said...

Oh yes I most certainly did screw up yesterday. Did a post on it as well. Five Minutes.

Thank you for the encouraging post dear one. Blessings.

Happy? But..I have cancer!

    Are you happy?           Before you jump to an answer for this age-old question..let me ask something else first: Are you angr...