My Cancer Blog

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Look up!


Luke 21:28

When these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.
 
Happy belated Thanksgiving to my Canadian friends~
 
I am still sick with this fall cold, so have not been able to get out to take some new autumn pics. But I am taking this time to stay in where it is warm and reflect on the many blessings we have from the Lord.
Many times, we seem to only focus on the negative things in our lives and in this world. Yes, it can get discouraging as we see so many things happening around us, like people using violence against one another more and more, natural disasters, and economic collapse, deceit of politicians, etc...
But, we, as Christians, can only warn the lost of their need for Jesus, and then pray for hearts of stone to change as people seek redemption and repent of their sins.
 
That is our first, and biggest blessing...The fact that God gives us a way
(The only way, truth, and life~ Jesus!) A new way, a new truth, and a brand new life...instead of walking in our own ways, or the way of the world, instead of believing the lies that are constantly being ingrained into our minds since childhood, we can now comprehend the Truth of God with the help of the Holy Spirit that He has placed within each believer! We are given a new mind...the mind of Christ...( AWESOME!)
Instead of walking the old path of our sin, (or walking in our own righteousness, which deceives us into thinking we are good enough); we have been given the righteousness of Christ Himself...which is the only way we can do anything truly good for the kingdom of God.
Instead of death (spiritual death), we are given life...eternal life!
Instead of the punishment of an eternity in hell...
We are promised to share in His Glory in Heaven...forever!
 
I am grateful for a loving husband and children, comfortable home, adequate food, and water, and clothing, and a country that (at least for now) allows me the freedom to pursue and write about my faith.
I am thankful for friends, for my dogs, for the people who do the jobs that serve our daily needs...especially those in the military, and medical, and emergency professionals.
I am thankful for modern technology as I am old fashioned, but I do like modern conveniences!
The above image is from my yard last year...This time of year we find ourselves often looking up to see the grandeur of the colors in the trees...This reminds me to look up when we are feeling down...get your focus off the rut in the ground, and look forward to the promise of our Lord coming to deliver us!

My little granddaughters, Aubrey and (Alyssa, in the background)
 
There are so many wonderful blessings here in the world, but we must be careful to not love the world so much, that we forget that the one who gave us all good things, is the same one who will someday remove this old world, and replace it with a new heaven and a new earth...That will be our real, forever home...The things here on earth are temporary, and we are warned to not love them, because our treasures are to be in Heaven, not here on earth.
 
Heavenly Father,
 
I am thankful for the blessings you have given, but help me to not treasure the things that I have while here in this temporary place. Help me to, instead, value those things that are eternal...The love of God, and of people, forgiveness, redemption, fellowship with you and my brothers and sisters in the family of God, your glory and power to overcome evil with good, anticipation of Jesus return, and the promise of a new heaven and new earth!
 In Thy precious name, Jesus~ Amen~
 
 
 

11 comments:

Jedidja said...

Amen. I practice meself to see the beauty of this world. I live near woods, which are called 'De Utrechtse heuvelrug. It is an elongated hill with forest on it.When I had to ride along with the car, it is so beautiful. Red, orange, yellow leaves ... I want to go there, walk through it and take pictures. I will my head lift up to God, who gives us the changing of the seasons gives to make sure that He is faithful. His faithfulness is new every morning. xxx Big hug/lieve knuffel.

Sarah (Nikki) said...

I love your gratitude list.

Peggy said...

Thanks for your reminder to look up. God is trying to teach me that also. To look up and see His Glory. Especially this time of year as the trees turn such beautiful colors. I'm so sorry you've been sick. I will pray that you get better soon. I hope you are able to enjoy the lovely fall. Peggy

irene @ inspiration from the little things said...

So true how we easily focus on the negative that is all around us. This is one of the reasons why I really don't like watching the news even if I would like to stay updated with what is happening to the world. All the bad things I see on tv make me so depressed and makes me think "Is the world really this bad?"

So yes, look up! And there we will see beauty -- one that will last because that's where God is!

Lovely photos! I love the autumn photo, it looks enchanting! And your granddaughters are so cute! :-)

And I do hope you get better soon, Lisa! God bless you always! ❤ :-)

Never Forsaken said...

Hi Irene,
I feel almost 100% Thanks...I know what you mean, I don't watch the news too often either. Sometimes I find myself getting so caught up in the world events (especially as they relate to end time prophecy), that I need to just say...God is in control of it all, there is nothing I can do to change what is happening, except to shed His light wherever I can.
I tried to run outside and take some more photos yesterday, but it got very dark and windy, and a large tree branch fell close by, so I ran back inside LOL! It looks peaceful today, perhaps I will try again.
~God Bless You~ Lisa

Never Forsaken said...

Hi Peggy,
I am all better today! Praising Jesus for a healthy immune system :)
It was too windy and rainy to take photos yesterday..very dangerous to try in the forest with so many trees and branches falling...Monday I woke up and had to pull a fallen tree off the road in front of my house so nobody ran into it...Buddy helped me by grabbing one of it's broken branches & dragging it up to the front door LOL! and yesterday when I was outside trying to get a picture, a branch fell on the patio..again Buddy tried to drag it off. Going to try again today, as it is calm now.~ God Bless~ Lisa

Never Forsaken said...

Hi Sarah,
I am noticing this trend of Christians being more and more thankful these days...at least in the blogging world lately. Perhaps we are lining our perspectives up with the Lord's a bit more as this world seems to be getting worse and worse?

Never Forsaken said...

Hi Jedidja,

I have never been outside of my country (except to Canada), which is adjacent to Michigan. I think you are very fortunate to live in such a beautiful country, with such a wonderful culture. I hope you take that walk, and share some pictures with us!
~God Bless~ ((hugs)) Lisa

Jane said...

Hello Lisa! I hope you are feeling better. Autumn is so glorious this year, I'd hate for you to miss any of it. Definitely a small glimpse of Heaven. Your little granddaughters are adorable. That picture sure does capture the wonderful joy of childhood. I believe it was Oscar Wilde that said "We are all down here in the gutter but some of us are looking up at the stars." Life is good if you look for the joy!

Never Forsaken said...

Hi Jane,

I am better,thanks.
I didn't miss too much of it...but my camera did, as we hit our peak last week, and in a blink~ the rain and wind stripped the trees of much of their most vibrant leaves, so by the time I got around to taking pictures, I nearly got done in by a falling branch...got pelted with freezing rain, and then...finally, today I got what was left over...mostly deep russets and dark golds.
I love how that shot captured the wonder of a child...This little girl is so much like me when I was little, she is very quiet normally...but you can catch her all caught up in her own little world often times!
Life is good. Joy is abundant!

irene @ inspiration from the little things said...

Oh my goodness, glad you didn't get hurt or anything because of that tree branch!

Good to know that you're getting better, Lisa! God bless ❤ :-)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUD!

HAPPY 8TH B-DAY, BUD! I think he's had too many birthday cookies already today!