My Cancer Blog

Friday, October 5, 2012

Breath Of Life

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Breath of Life
by Lisa Stager



I lay my body down upon the warm, soft sand and feel my bones defining and forming it beneath me. I listen to the waves crashing in upon the shore, and feel the sun’s warmth upon my face as the wind sweeps over the sea and land. Bending low, a blade of grass gently caresses my face like a lover’s touch, while the wind whispers its secrets into my ear.


As I lay upon my bed of sand, there beneath the steadily sinking sun, I sense the breath of God gliding over the surface of the water, I breathe in deeply, filling my lungs with life. I am no longer just a solitary being, but a part of the sand, the waves, the wind and the sun. And I know that this is where I belong, this is where I began.

And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.


(Genesis 2:7)

 

12 comments:

Reformed rebel said...

Wow Lisa...I love this! It's beautiful! Thank you for sharing it.

God bless...Chelle

Never Forsaken said...

Thanks Chelle,
These pictures were taken last saturday at the Point Betsie lighthouse (the most photographed lighthouse in the state).
Jeff and I took Buddy, and I think we both could have napped there in the sand if it weren't for Bud kicking sand on us, and giving us both sloppy doggie kisses!
I am back online, so I am praying everything keeps working well as I sure missed blogging regularly, and corresponding with you.
~God Bless~ Lisa

Susie Swanson said...

So beautiful and peaceful..What a view..I would love to visit there.. Hope you have a nice weekend, Susie

Never Forsaken said...

Hi Susie,
Lake Michigan (along the northwestern shores of Michigan) is the most beautiful place I have known. This spot and it's lighthouse is said to be the most photographed place in the state. I took a few pictures of the lighthouse and even an old wind-tattered flag standing alone on the beach. I may use them in future posts. Hope you have a great weekend too~ It is to be cold and rainy here...glad we went out there last weekend.
~God Bless~ Lisa

Ken said...

Hi Lisa,
What a wonderful post. I am in awe when I reflect on the many things that God has done. From a pile of dirt, He formed us and blew life into us.
Thank you for sharing and God bless,
Ken

Denise said...

Beautiful pictures and words of praise of how God continuously fills us with life and peace Lisa!

Blessings and love sweet friend!
Denise

Delisa said...

Hi Lisa! Welcome back and thank you for the sweet comment you left on my blog. It is always so nice to hear from you. I love your pictures of the ocean and your calming words, they are so beautiful. There is nothing like getting out and seeing our Heavenly Father's creations. They really show his love for us and his desire for each of us to be happy and enjoy the gift of our lives. Have a lovely weekend! Delisa :)

Never Forsaken said...

Hi Ken, Denise, and Delisa,

Thank you for stopping by! I love sharing my pictures of the beauty that God has created...but credit goes to our awesome awesome God!
~Blessings for a wonderful week, my friends~ Lisa

Jedidja said...

What a rare, beautiful post. To get such a feeling with God, the cosmos around you. So it began ... in Genesis. The picture is very beautiful.

Never Forsaken said...

Thank you for the compliment Jedidja,

God has given us so much beauty in this world...makes you wonder just how much better Heaven will be!

Just Be Real said...

Dear one thank you for sharing in words and pictures. Blessings and hugs.

Never Forsaken said...

It is my pleasure to share blessings from God with everyone!

God Bless & ((hugs))~ Lisa

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUD!

HAPPY 8TH B-DAY, BUD! I think he's had too many birthday cookies already today!