Saturday, February 22, 2014

Wigging out!


Today was beautiful outside!
I went for a drive with Jeff while he did some errands. I wore my wig, but at one point I ended up having a hot flash and telling Jeff to park somewhere where I could take it off! And then after peeling off my coat I declared that if I had to wear that wig one more minute I’d be stripping down to my underwear!
I will always take at least a ball cap with me from now on. I really do not like wearing the wigs…Though they look the most ‘normal’ they are horrid to wear…especially when I have a hot flash like today...Normal is over rated anyway.
I am getting more and more comfortable going ‘au ‘Natural’ around the house for sure. And Jeff seems to like it alright too…That was my main concern.
I have been feeling pretty good…just a little tired.
I am happy that my appetite is still good…almost too good…The doc actually warned me to be careful about gaining too much weight. That is funny seeing as how I started out with everyone worrying about my being underweight.
Not long ago, I wrote a post on my blog about friendship. I have since carefully considered what I wrote about, and ended up taking it down. There were too many emotions that had not been sorted through at the time I wrote it, and some feelings got hurt…I actually made someone really upset. I do not wish to hurt anyone with this blog. Sometimes our feelings need to be kept private, and if we are concerned about a person it is best to go to that person with our concern…and if we do and they do not respond, it is never okay to publicize the matter…We always have the option to go to God with it.
I learned a few things thus far in this journey I am on…First, do not take for granted the blessings that God gives each day…And second, do not rub them into the face of one whom is having a harder time with things in their own life…always be mindful that although you are doing well, someone else may not be, so be careful how much you rejoice in the face of their trials. (Choose to help them bear their burdens before expecting them to share in your joys).
And last (most recent) Pick your battles. I haven’t the energy to navigate through all the little complexities that come with trying to muddle through what would otherwise be considered the ‘normal’ waters of relationships…This requires that I trust the Lord to work things out until I am strong enough to handle more.
Bottom line…I was wrong to complain about the relationships in my life…or lack thereof. God knows what I need and how much I can realistically handle right now. The dynamics are perfect for the needs of our little family and me…I really do NOT want the phone ringing off the hook, or people showing up at the door whenever…On the days that we do not have to travel for a treatment or another appointment…It is NICE to relax at home.  
Don’t get me wrong…The few times we have been blessed with visits from family or our closest friends, they were always such a joy… probably because they are rare!

So ends another day of learning….Wonder what tomorrow has to teach?

Titus 3:2 

to speak evil of no one, to avoid quarreling, to be gentle, and to show perfect courtesy toward all people.

James 3:17 

But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, open to reason, full of mercy and good fruits, impartial and sincere.


18 comments:

  1. Yay it's almost Spring! Our snow is melting too : ) It was warm out. The gate doesn't open and the benches are still half buried but hey! It's sunny out : ) So glad you had a good day and you look great. Modern medicine is so amazing especially with the touch of the Master's hand : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen,
      If I would have replied to your comment yesterday I would have said Yay, another spring like day...Today is back to cold and snowing...Ah well, at least we got a taste of it!
      Yes...Praise God for modern medicine! And for science which is defined as (knowledge).

      Delete
  2. I hope you don't mind but you had me laughing about the hot flash and wig story!!!!!!!
    I think, for what it is worth, that you handled the friendship post nicely. Though I wasn't offended or felt that you were complaining I know your heart is tender and pure in all your intentions for everyone and fellow bloggy friends too.
    Thanking God for our bloggy friendship and your uplifting words you share at my blog.
    Hugs, Deanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's Ok I am still laughing about it today!
      Thanks for such a sweet comment...I love my bloggy friends too!
      ((hugs))

      Delete
  3. Ha, never thought the wigs would be hot. Carrying around a hat or a scarf is a good idea.

    These are amazing life lessons Lisa, thanks for sharing them with us. The Scripture I thought of while read was James 1:19 My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, This is one my sister really drilled into me when I was young. She always said I was too impatient and I would blurt out without giving my thought to what I was saying. NOW, it is the opposite for me, I tend to think a lot and speak little. :)

    Blessings hon, I thought your friendship post was done with a kind, gentle, loving spirit.

    Love and hugs, and always covering you in prayer.
    <><

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sweetie,
      That is a perfect scripture...and I am usually good about it too.
      Covering you and your ministry in prayer too~ <3

      Delete
  4. It was a beautiful day here as well. Lots of sunshine! I really like winter but today was a nice break. Pick your battles is something I have learned to do. Peace is such a good thing to be in the midst of. Isn't it nice to know that God is in charge of every aspect of our life...He does know just what we need. Take care of yourself Lisa and get lots of rest.
    Love you...Chelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cold again here...Sasha came in from the yard covered with snow...like a whooly coat.
      God never stops amazing me. I need to spend more time talking to Him to gain back that peace that tends to fade away whenever we let ourselves get caught up in the snags of life...I am getting a lot of rest this week.
      Love you too!

      Delete
  5. Oh Lisa, I love your attitude of learning and trying! It is as fresh as your new green blog colours!
    Woah, know what you mean about the hot flushes...(so sorry yours are prob the result of chemo?)
    Blogs are for sharing, so I don't think it was wrong to share how you were feeling about friends, etc...we go through ups and downs on this. Your words rang a bell with me as I am going through a strange alienation with an online friend and I don;teven know the reason why.
    You just have to move on, stay open, not close down your heart.
    Taking comfort in the Lord is the best thing ...and as you say, tomorrow is another day!

    he he he, love the cat in the wig! A big hug to you, dear one.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the fresh green look too!
      I was close to natural menopause...chemo just helped speed that up a bit ;)
      Yes, blogs are for sharing...and I plan to continue to do just that...Since life is not always easy and cheery, we should share whatever is real in our day to day...that way we know that what we go through as people is not so uncommon.
      I find the blogs I gravitate to the most, are the real day to day sharing type...Thanks for reminding me about this...I do not want to shut down my heart for fear of offending someone who might misunderstand my words!
      That is just a chance we all must take whether online or not.
      <3

      Delete
  6. Hi Lisa,
    I love the pic of your cat with a wig on, he is gorgeous. I like the colours of green and white too, green has always spoken to me of healing, I can't remember why. I used to wear wigs and hair extensions when I was younger and I can't say that I liked the feel of it either. Usually, when the hair grows back after falling out with chemo treatment, it grows back even better than it was before, so that is something nice to look forward to because your hair is lovely anyway.
    God bless you Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brenda,
      The picture is from the web...I loved it when I saw it too!
      Yes, green is one of my favorites...I do have touches of bright green in my living room...helps this time of year...It has been proven that we like to eat food s
      that are bright in color like green apples or orange yams etc...because we associate the color with health....And health is what God wants for us!
      I have heard that about the hair...I think mine will probably grow back silver/gray...Which will be OK with me.
      My daughter bought me some kind of scalp conditioner that is supposed to promote healthy growth...She uses it on her hair and says its never been better.
      God bless you my friend!

      Delete
  7. It is so awesome to find someone else going through the cancer battle- and especially one who is a Christian! I look forward to getting caught up on your journey.
    OH - I can so relate to the wearing the wig - or even hats sometimes and getting SO hot. I am like you - decided I would be taking a cap with me. American Cancer Society - TLC -is a great place to get hats - figured you already knew but wanted to let you know just in case.
    Stay Strong and Thrive! God bless~ Lisa :O)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa!
      I saw your comment on Denise's blog, and was curious...Seems like we got diagnosed pretty close to the same time...I am delighted to have found another Christian lady going through this journey as well!
      Yes, TLC is a good place to get some things for free...I ended up buying a wig myself on the day of diagnosis (thought it would cheer me up to take some control)...and then got two donated to me...They are likely going back to donation as soon as I am done with treatment/recovery!
      I am sure we have lots to chat about...Staying strong and thriving (not just surviving)...is what it is all about these days!
      Blessings~ <3

      Delete
  8. Sweet post dear friend; from the heart as always. Our hurts can sometimes be too exposed, but when we let them surface I still believe it is good medicine for the soul. Hopefully it helped in calming your hurt and mending your friendship! :)

    Sooo excited for this warmer weather, and the longer days! Yay!

    Blessings and prayers sister

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Denise...You are right, it is good medicine!
      And I intend to continue to write what is on my heart, only next time when it exposes a hurt inflicted by a specific person or persons, I will be more careful not to write anything that might inflict hurt back...That is not what God wants us to do...It is better to employ the use of generalizations to get the point across.
      Loving the longer days...though it is cold today.
      Blessings and love to you!

      Delete

A penny for your thoughts...
Sorry, no robots allowed...you don't have thoughts.

Translate