My Cancer Blog

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

The guy who plows your road got snowed in today!

Two down...Four to go!

All went well, though it was a long day yesterday...I had an appointment right after chemo with my surgeon upstairs from the oncology dept. He said everything looks wonderful.
Also, though my blood counts are still lower than they used to be all is well there too...I am still in the normal range.
So, the Benadryl really knocked me out by the time we got home in the evening...I went to bed at 6pm and awoke when Jeff's boss called him for work at 2:45 am ...I told his boss that we were snowed in and I had to get to another appt. to get a shot and an antibiotic before noon today so my WBC did not drop again and I 'd end up back in the hospital... so I would need to try to bring him into work myself.  His boss told me he has to give his wife those same shots because she has lupus, and for the same reason...So he came out and plowed our road and picked Jeff up at 3:15am! And the snow stopped, so I will make it to my appointment today!
God really does take care of us...Sometimes by sending good people our way!
I know it all begins whenever we pray...Thank you for your prayers...You can see how they are being answered every time! 

James 5:16

 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
In all honesty that verse used to scare me...I would often think that my prayers were not effective because I was not good enough, righteous enough...but I have learned that as sinners saved by grace, it is not by our righteousness, but Christ's righteousness and through the Holy Spirit that we pray...as we are His ambassadors here on earth! And the proof is in the many answered prayers throughout my Christian life...The proof is also in the Word of God: ...
But when the kindness of God our Savior and His love for mankind appeared,  He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit, whom He poured out upon us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior,… Titus 3:4-6
~BLESSINGS & LOVE~
and remember, we are...
~NEVER FORSAKEN~

7 comments:

Brenda said...

How beautiful Lisa that Jeff's boss should come out and plough the snow away. God uses some very kind people in our lives, and has the power to stop the snow from falling. I love the way that God is in complete control. I remember once when I was going to visit my mother some years ago, travelling down a country lane listening to some music on my car radio. I was doing about 40 miles an hour and as I approached a bend I had a very strong feeling to slow down to a crawl. As I rounded the bend there was a horse with a girl on it's back. The horse was rearing up in the middle of the road and a man holding the reigns trying to control it. I am sure that I would have been involved in a very serious accident if I had not had that warning experience, which I believe was God.
God bless you Lisa with a full recovery.

Never Forsaken said...

yes, I too have had many experiences like that. sometimes when my husband is driving he gets a bit impatient when the driver ahead slows down, or someone pulls out in front and drives slowly...I always remind him that that could be an angel that God sent to slow our pace...It has happened before when we once lost our brakes at a busy intersection and a police car showed up from nowhere with his siren and flashing lights on... He stopped the oncoming traffic just as we passed through, only to continue on his way as though he didn't even see us...like he got a call to hurry off somewhere just at that time!

Alexandra Rose said...

Yesssssssssssss! ! Two down ~ you are doing SO well, my friend!

I am coming to believe and trust in prayer tmore and more. Like you, I think the answers come in situations and people who seem to emerge quite naturally into the picture and help whoever is being prayed for. They might not have if the prayer wasn't ever made, though.
A hug to you!
x

CAROLDEE said...

Prayers work.. I sure know that.. I will continue to pray that your numbers look good and you will fully recover!! Blessings to you and your hubby.

Denise said...

Praise God for good, caring people. You look so beautiful, love you.

Dee said...

What a nice Boss....God does take care of us...sometimes in unexpected ways....:)

child of God said...

Hi Lisa,
What an amazing boss! Yes, prayers are being answered. :)
Who likes public confession? Not me. But, it does work. It really releases you and the person you are confessing to. I have an accountability partner, my husband, and we confess to each other our sins and then pray with each other. I have read stories of how some of the great revivals have started and it they start with public confessions and forgiveness, then it is like the domino effect, people getting saved, miracles happening and the joy of the Lord felt by all. When groups of people accept that they are sinners, repent of their ways accept Jesus Christ as their Savior, then revival happens. Problem is, people don't want to admit they are sinners.

Praying you stay out of the hospital this time around and you feel strong.

Love seeing prayer being answered and your blog is full of answered prayers!!

Blessings,
<><

Happy? But..I have cancer!

    Are you happy?           Before you jump to an answer for this age-old question..let me ask something else first: Are you angr...