My Cancer Blog

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

UPDATE ON TODAY's EARLIER POST

Abundant blessings!

If you did not read my previous post, please take a moment and then come back to this one.

This morning I shared how the Lord gave provision for a need...The provision involved one of the bosses at my husband's work...Actually he is the night foreman/watchman who has the responsibility for calling the guys out for overtime work like in the case of a snowstorm...He also has a wife who needs to have the same shot that I needed today, but because she has lupus...So he understood the importance of the shot, and did what he could to help above and beyond...That was God working...Well, my friends, God wasn't done yet!
The receptionist  had called this morning wondering if I could still make it in...I said I was leaving now, and would be there in a half hour.
When I got to the place where I was scheduled to receive my shot...I told the whole story to the receptionist .
Her jaw dropped...She said, "Well, one of our nurses also has a husband who works with your husband, and her story was almost the same!
As it turned out, the nurse who gave me my shot is my husbands co-worker's wife!  
(not the guy who called him in though)

I had never met her, but we sure had fun talking and getting to know one another!
And as a bonus...I met a nice older lady who is a 6 year survivor of stage 4 breast cancer...She is the third stage 4 BC survivor that I have met.
I am stage 2, and am delighted to be meeting women who have survived the worst possible stage of the disease...the stage where it has spread...and they are still surviving and doing very well!
Even the receptionist at my family doctor's office has a mother who is a five year survivor...Both young women who wheeled me down to surgery had mothers each who had the same diagnosis word for word as mine surviving and doing well!
And sitting in the oncologist's office yesterday was the retired secretary from my husband's work who is a four year survivor...She was there for a check up...I did not even know we had the same oncologist as I hadn't seen her in a couple years!
We might live in a small town...But you've got to admit...This is a lot of connections.

And isn't it amazing how many people of faith the Lord has put in my life through the medical team that treats me?
I had the best talk with my oncology nurse about the Holy Spirit yesterday, and a brief reference with my doctor about our Heavenly Father...It is nice to walk around his office and read prayers and see a crucifix hanging over the picture of a family fishing trip...
And then to go upstairs to the surgeon's office and talk about prayer and blessings and miracles some more...and to be greeted by a heartfelt "God bless you!" from his receptionist whom I always have fun talking to...If this isn't an abundance of blessings, I don't know what is.

I am having so much fun lately that I am almost feeling guilty because a part of me expected to be so miserable through all of this...isn't that what people expect?
Not with God in control...at least not with me...You see, God never intended for me to stay holed up in my little hermitage...That was self imposed...but if throwing me out into the deep end is His way of teaching me to swim in His strength and TRUST in His will for me...To cure my anxiety and fear ridden soul...Well, I am just gonna lean back and float out here in the Fountain of Living Waters.


Thou prepares a table before me in the presence of mine enemies (cancer, storms, fear... are some of those enemies): thou anoints my head with oil; my cup runneth over (in abundance)
Ps. 23:5 (emphasis mine)

13 comments:

Denise said...

God is so good, love you dearly.

Jedidja said...

Thank you for what you are writing. It's amazing to read. Let us follow Him.

Reformed rebel said...

So glad you are doing well!!! Isn't the Lord just so awesome? I love all the things that are happening. We know it is not just coincidence....it is God happenings!!!
blessings and hugs to you...Chelle

Crown of Beauty said...

What a blessing it is to read these posts, written from a grateful heart, expecting good things, from cancer. This dreaded disease is a tool in the hand of the Lord, just as Joseph's imprisonment was used by God to propel him to greatness. The same with you, dear Lisa.

CAROLDEE said...

It is simply amazing.. God is great and you are so blessed right now. I send you special prayers of healing. Take care and Know God is with you always. <3

Brenda said...

Lisa,
God is so loving to us, He is amazing in His ways of comforting and encouraging us to just trust Him for whatever we need. I loved reading your post, and I think it has made my day to see you so blessed.
God bless you and all those who the Lord has brought you into contact with in the hospital.

child of God said...

Haha! I love how our Father works!! Here we are praying for encouragement and hope and Father comes in and floods you with much! Love it. :)

Thanks for sharing that Lisa. Continuing to pray and pray for you sister.

Blessings and love,
<><

Denise said...

Oh how I love to read about your joy and thankfulness Lisa! God has brought you so far dear sister; to amazing places and fellowship! What a generous act of kindness your husband's boss performed; love! And what an awesome picture in your previous post!! :)

Love you ~ hope your day keeps on blessing you!
Denise

Peggy said...

I'm so glad God is bringing supportive people across your path. Prayers for you are being answered. Peggy

Karen Kyle Ericson said...

That's so wonderful Lisa : ) My Father-in-law has prostate cancer and his is under control. He's had it for several years now. It's so amazing how much medicine has improved and hopeful. It's a gift from God for sure. God bless you! Thanks so much for sharing your story with us. It's so inspiring. Love ya!

Dee said...

Great post Lisa....God is connecting all the dots to answer your prayers. \0/

Sandi said...

This was water in a desert!

And these words, "I am having so much fun lately that I am almost feeling guilty because a part of me expected to be so miserable through all of this...isn't that what people expect?"

Ah....God is good.

Following your blog now!

Never Forsaken said...

Welcome Sandi!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUD!

HAPPY 8TH B-DAY, BUD! I think he's had too many birthday cookies already today!