Wednesday, July 27, 2011

A Faith More Precious Than Gold


                                                       Shining For Jesus
                                                           
 Hymn Lyrics


Shining for Jesus everywhere I go,
Shining for Jesus in this world of woe;
Shining for Jesus, more like Him I grow;
Shining all the time for Jesus.

Shining all the time, shining all the time;
Shining for Jesus, beams of love divine;
Glorifying Him every day and hour;
Shining all the time for Jesus.

Shining for Jesus when the way is bright;
Shining for Jesus in the darkest night;
Shining for Jesus, making burdens light;
Shining all the time for Jesus.




That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:

Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:
1peter1:7

And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith the LORD, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein.
And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The LORD is my God.
Zechariah 13:8-9



10 comments:

Reformed rebel said...

Great post. The picture just reminds me that "whatever" we are going through....Jesus is right there beside us holding our hand! Is that not just the best thing ever?!!

Praying for you...Chelle

Never Forsaken said...

Amen Chelle,
It doesn't get any better than that!
We are so safe in the arms of our Savior, even when we are walking through the fires of life..He carries us through it.

I'm still praying for your full recovery from your eye surgery too Chelle.

Ken said...

What a wonderful poem you have written here, "Shinning for Jesus."
Blessings,
Ken

Never Forsaken said...

Hi Ken,
It's actually an old hymn. I'm not sure if I've ever heard it before, but the words just seemed so right for the picture of the golden sunset.
~Blessings & Peace In Jesus~

lioneagle said...

Hi -

Thank you

This so ministered to me.

That Zechariah scripture has long been a favorite of mine.

At this moment in my journey, these words that our Lord gave you
bolster my love, joy, trust and faith in Him - the only true and living GOD! Our champion, the Lord, who WINS OVER ALL!

He reigns indeed - eternally - bless His holy awesome name!!!

Never Forsaken said...

Amen lioneagle,
He is holy and awesome and we are to count it a privelege to be called His people!

Denise said...

Hi Lisa! :)

Thank you so much for the awesome comment...how are you? You have been on my mind and I have been praying for the success on your procedure...need an update! :)

Denise

PS...lovely poem :)

Never Forsaken said...

Hi Denise,
The procedure went alright considering the surgeon started the biopsy before I was numb!
Feeling much better now though, just waiting for results..They are down one pathologist and so it may take an entire week.Should know later next week, but am hopeful all's well
~God is in control~
Lisa

lioneagle said...

Hi -

I read this again.

Just this morning I was singing, "Let the SON shine in."

Our Lord informed me that He has a post for me to do soon that focuses on His shine. And then He brought me back here to read this again.

Love those photos, lady!

Never Forsaken said...

Hi lioneagle

I look forward to your post..I once did a study with some ladies about God's Shekinah Glory..I used a lamp and a mirror as props and illustrated how we can reflect
God's glory in our own lives. And how light reflected is so powerful it can even start a fire! I think the ladies were a little afraid I was gonna burn the church down though;) We are beautiful shiny people aren't we?

So do not fear,  for I am with you;      do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen  you and help  you;      I will uphold ...