My Cancer Blog

Tuesday, July 26, 2011



 

I will give peace in the land, and you shall lie down, and none will make you afraid;
I will rid the land of evil beasts,
and the sword will not go through your land.
Leviticus 26:6
This is the scripture the Lord gave to me on July 5th after I recieved a call from my doctor informing me that I need to have a breast biopsy. It has been a roller-coaster of emotions since then. Lately I am often found saying aloud the words of 2 Timothy 1:7... For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. & 2 Corinthians 12:9 My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.
I awoke Monday morning to the sweet aroma of the annointing oil placed upon my forehead on Sunday at church..I was greatly moved during worship and raised my hand up to the Father and was comforted by His Spirit. I 'll have the biopsy on Thursday the 28th. 
 I haven't read anything from the book of leviticus in a long time; I knew the moment I read the words that the land mentioned here is referring to my body. Until last week there was a possibility that I may not need the biopsy, but I knew from reading this scripture that I would, because the removal of evil beasts from the land was a reference to the biopsy (which, by the way, the surgeon told us she would remove all of the areas in question during the biopsy since they are so small). I knew this was a confirmation. The last verse (and the sword will not go through your land), Well, I asked the surgeon all the "what-ifs" & she said there would be surgery and radiation if necessary..I am believing there will be no further surgery. Please pray for me as I undergo the biopsy and then await the phone call with the results.


11 comments:

Lori said...

Hi there.....this is Lori from Prayer Closet. I am so glad you commented on my site today, and am so glad you were encouraged by my post today. We all have those times when we feel that God has moved behind a cloud so to speak, but we know He is always closer than we can imagine. I like to think that when He feels far away it is because we are directly in His shadow. I know He loves you so much, and I want you to know I am here for you fellow blogger!

God loves you today and so do I! We need to stick together in this community of friends and fellow believers.

I will be stopping by again! Lori

Child of God said...

I love those verses! I will be covering you in prayer through this week and on the 28th.

Romans 5:1-3
Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we boast in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance;

Romans 12:12-13
Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Share with the Lord’s people who are in need...

Praying,
<><

Reformed rebel said...

Hi Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I so appreciate your prayer for me. I have now added you to my prayer list and will be praying especially on Thursday. I know that God will be with you. If you ever need extra prayer just tell me.

Father God I ask you right now for peace and complete healing for my sister. Carry her through this procedure on Thursday and the hours after while waiting for the call. In Jesus name I pray amen.

Bless you...Chelle

Never Forsaken said...

Thank you dear sisters for your prayers and words of encouragement.
I feel a lightness as I know that God is in control..Praise Him!
~Peace In Jesus~

samantha said...

mom.. i will be praying for you! I know that god will take care of everything and this will make one less worry in your life. I know i might not be in the same state as you are anymore but i am always here for you! I love you so much and you are so strong! You are an amazing beautiful person inside and out.looooooooooovvvee YOU!

Never Forsaken said...

I know you will be praying for me Sam, I know I can always count on you too. I will call you tomorrow.
Loooooovvee TOU too!!
God Bless you babygirl,
MoM

Denise said...

You are in my loving thoughts and prayers today; keep those very special verses in your heart as you undergo your biopsy today; He is your strength and refuge! :)

"But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary; they will walk and not grow faint." Isaiah 40:31

Hope for you in love and faith,
Denise

Child of God said...

Just letting you know I am covering you in prayer dear sister.

<><

lioneagle said...

Hi -

You are in the secret place of the Most High - Psalm 91.

You expressed, "..none will make you afraid;"

Hearty Amens to that, dear lady of GOD.

And Amen for the places in GOD that we have to bring us through any and all. His holy arms are so magnificent and glorious.

Never Forsaken said...

Denise,
Thank you for such a nice comment, after 2 days the Lord has renewed my strength physically and spiritually; he is lifting me above the worry and fear. I love that passage from Isaiah, and also Psalm 91: 1 Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust.”
Surely he will save you
from the fowler’s snare
and from the deadly pestilence.
He will cover you with his feathers,
and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.

Never Forsaken said...

Child of God,
We are in the best place under His covering..we can not fear anything while there under his wings.

lioneagle,
I thank God for your encouragement and also for His unfailing protection and promises~I know He has only the best in mind for each of us. I am excited for you in your writing your book & pray for His blessing on you, as you will bless others with it. I'm glad you are still keeping up your website as well.
I look forward to reading everybody's posts as they are so inspiring and rich with God's Holy Word!
Please don't worry about me :)
~Have a wonderful weekend~
God Bless, and remember, we are..
Never Forsaken

So do not fear,  for I am with you;      do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen  you and help  you;      I will uphold ...