My Cancer Blog

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

God will make a way

The rocky bridge to safety I built in the garden pond

 

1 Corinthians 10:13


13There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.



This morning I had the unpleasant chore of removing two little frog bodies from my garden pond.  We have had to do this with chipmunks recently also.

So I decided I had better build an escape route for them with rocks.  As I began to build my rocky bridge, I took into consideration certain things, I placed the largest heaviest rock first so that there wouldn’t be a collapse, then as I proceeded to pile rock upon rock , I became uncomfortable from the sun beating on my back & then became a bit shaky as I realized I had forgotten to eat breakfast. Being so uncomfortable I decided that what I had built so far was sufficient; however, when surveying my work, I realized that although the larger frogs may be able to climb to safety, it was not high enough for the smaller ones to be able to leap to safety, so I began to pile on a series of small flat rocks to create steps.
( can you tell I spent some time on this?)
 Once having done this I realized that there wasn’t adequate support from the top to anchor these lightweight rocks down, so I placed a larger rock on top and thinking now of the heavier chipmonks who, when panicked will be climbing and possibly knocking down rocks from above, I made sure the whole thing was stabilized from top to bottom.

While I was working on this I  thought about how God makes a way for us in our times of trouble, when we are in danger of drowning in the waters of temptation and trials.
Our bridge to safety


He loves us so much, that when he provides our way out, he has taken into consideration everything about us from our smallness and weaknesses, to our height and form.
I don’t love these little creatures that are placed in my care like God loves me, yet I care enough to make a way for them in their trouble. What dawned on me then, is the fact that God never gets weak, or hungry, tired, or too hot while He is making a way for me.  Then I thought about the foundation rock and ultimately the security and stability of the bridge that I am climbing across to escape from certain death. Jesus is that bridge He is THE WAY. 
John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

2 comments:

Karen said...

I love this analogy. God does provide a way out, and Jesus is the bridge. It's so sweet that you would care for the little critters so much. I'm like you I get into a project and don't quit until I realize I haven't eaten. Amazing how God cares so very much for us. : ) Nice post!

Never Forsaken said...

Thank you for your comment Karen,

God seems to speak to us often in the ordinary everyday things.

Peace In Jesus,
Lisa

So do not fear,  for I am with you;      do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen  you and help  you;      I will uphold ...