Tuesday, August 2, 2011

TICK TOCK



Everybody is waiting for something...
We believers are waiting for our Lord to return. Unbelievers are waiting for the arrival of, well, all
sorts of things: comets,aliens,massive earthquakes ...My husband and I were in a chinese restaurant last night waiting for our order; while there we ran into our daughter's father in law.
We struck up a conversation about a recent scare his family faced regarding his employment with the postal service. They were waiting with baited breath for a phone call that would tell them whether or not his management job would be cut. As christians they knew to pray through this tense situation and while they were waiting they hung onto the promises of Psalm 91; specifically, these passages:
  5Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night;
  nor for the arrow that flieth by day; 
 6Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness;
  nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday. 
  7A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand;
  but it shall not come nigh thee.

Americans are waiting on a decision from our government to reach an agreement on a plan to adopt a budget to fix our national debt and spending crisis.
Many of us are waiting for the war to end and our soldiers to return home,
Some of us are waiting on phone calls from employers telling us we have an interview, or from a
doctors office with news that could change our future. (or our concept of it)
Regardless of what it is that keeps us waiting, it is imperative to remember that although we don't know what the future holds for us specifically, God does.

If we believe that Jesus is who he says he is:
2Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
3For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds. (Hebrews 12:2-3)
He is the Good Shepherd: (John 10:1-21, Psalm 23)
20Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,
21Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen. (Hebrews 13: 20-21)

We can trust in His unwaivering character:
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever. (Hebrews 13:8),
~Revelation 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

God is always with us, and knows everything about us:
(Psalm 139:1-18)
1O lord, thou hast searched me, and known me.
2Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off.
3Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways.
4For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O LORD, thou knowest it altogether.
5Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me.
6Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it.
7Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?
8If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.
9If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;
10Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.
11If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me.
12Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee.
13For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.
14I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.
15My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
16Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.
17How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them!
18If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee.

He is there with us and will help us with our troubles:

Isaiah 41:13

~For I the LORD thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee.~

He will NEVER leave us :

Mathew 28:20

20Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. AMEN.

But let us not despair while we wait. And no matter the outcome, may we have the attitude of Habakuk and pray as such:

 Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labour of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls:
 Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation.
 The LORD God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds' feet, and He will make me to walk upon mine high places.  (Habikuk 3:17-19)

For we know that God is in Control, and all things work for the good:

Romans 8:28


28And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.


 





7 comments:

lioneagle said...

Hi -

Wow! This post immensely stirred my soul juices. So much of the Word of GOD. Full of life - for His Words are spirit and they are life.

This rich message deposited profitable currency down in my sanctified soul.

Thank you

AND THANK YOU, JESUS!

lioneagle said...

Hi again -

I heard someone say, "I don't know what the future holds but I know WHO holds the future."

Of course, we know that it's GOD - the Almighty Most High who is high and lifted up...Praise His awesome name!

Karen Kyle Ericson said...

Awesome! Thank you for these inspiring Words. I will continue to work and wait. God will provide. The music is beautiful. I may need to get that CD. Thanks for your light and encouragement.

Never Forsaken said...

Hi lioneagle,
As long as we have a daily deposit of the Word of God we will never have a deficit to worry about! I have heard that said as well (how God holds the future).
In this truth we can rest from our worrys; the Bible says we should not worry about tomorrow anyway.
~Blessings~

Hi Karen,
God will keep His promises. The CD is 'Dependence' by Jamie Slocum; he has a new one called 'Just Another Mountain' also which maybe has 'Dependence' on it too. I first heard it on Family Life & then went online and actually waited for over an hour to download the youtube vid for it as I only had dial up back then! I bought the CD shortly after & was told that it had sold out before they could even stock it back at it's release (& in a college town)!
~Blessings~

samantha said...

I really enjoyed reading this because right now i feel as if I'm only waiting on everything...waiting for moving, waiting to get my new job, waiting for god to come. After reading this i realized maybe not to feel so stressed and unfamiliar to things as god already knows my future and would help me get through something that I've been stressed about. Love you mom!

Never Forsaken said...

Hi Sam,
It is a great relief when we realize that although we can't control everything God is in control of it, it makes it easier to hand over those things that we are not in control of less burden to carry. God knows what things you and Lauren are in need of right now, He only asks that you ask Him, and then when he blesses you He desires you to praise Him and that gives Him glory. He doesn't ask for much. I miss you guys!!!

samantha said...

we miss you too! I love you. I have your jewelry made i still have to get envelopes!!

So do not fear,  for I am with you;      do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen  you and help  you;      I will uphold ...