Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Get off that fence!

It's time to get off this...
Matthew 6:2424No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.


And get behind this!


A mighty fortress is our God,

"God is our Refuge and Strength, a Very Present Help in Trouble" (Psalm 46:1).
"The LORD is My Rock, and My Fortress, and My Deliverer; My God, My Strength, in Whom I will trust; My Buckler, and the Horn of My Salvation, and My High Tower" (Psalm 18:2).


A bulwark never failing;

"In that day shall this song be sung in the land of Judah; We have a strong city; salvation will God appoint for walls and bulwarks" (Isaiah 26:1).


Our helper He amid the flood

"So shall they fear the name of the LORD from the west, and His Glory from the rising of the sun. When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the LORD shall lift up a standard against him" (Isaiah 59:19).

Of mortal ills prevailing.

"He will keep the feet of His Saints, and the wicked shall be silent in darkness; for by strength shall no man prevail" (1Samuel 2:9).


 


4 comments:

  1. I love this, get off the fence and get behind a mighty fortress, God. Awesome scripture references.
    Blessings,
    Ken

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, and thank you for commenting on my post yesterday! I love the words to this old hymn...Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful post and great verses! It encourages me to "get off" and "get moving"! :)
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ken,
    I love the idea of God as our Mighty Fortress!

    Hi Lori,
    I love the words to this hymn too they are so true.

    Me too Denise!

    ReplyDelete

A penny for your thoughts...
Sorry, no robots allowed...you don't have thoughts.

Translate