Sunday, January 4, 2015

His word in my heart.

 I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you. Psalm 119:11

Last year, my word for 2014 was ‘GRACE’. The Lord gave me my word pretty early..It was actually given to me in December, because I believe the Lord knew that I would need it then…and I surely did! He carried me through a year of grace.
And now?
He has let me down…actually, He has set me down.
He has placed my feet upon solid ground, and I am convinced that he will always be near to guide me with His light to show the way upon life’s path, however long or short, straight or narrow, steep or deep, I know He is there and has prepared the way for me.
I have been waiting for a new word to start this new year with. I wondered if it would be the word ‘Glory’, since that seemed the appropriate word to follow ‘Grace’. But it is not that word….I thought the word ‘Faith’ seemed like a good one too, and although it certainly is a good word, it was not the word. Then I chuckled a bit at the thought of the word: ‘Word’ as being my word for 2015…and although that seemed very interesting and certainly would be fitting…It was not to be…Then I remembered…
Just before we left for my last Herceptin infusion on Monday, I looked out the kitchen window and saw that the birds had eaten the suet hanging from the feeder, and for the second time in a couple months, it was shaped like a heart.
IMG_2392
When I was wheeled into the OR on Tuesday, the only scripture I could think of was:
Create in me a clean heart, Oh God and renew a right spirit within me…(Psalm 51)
Christmas day I cooked a turkey…the biggest one I ever cooked (26 lbs.)…and when I took out the heart of the bird, it was pretty big so I tried to feed it to Buddy…He only spit it back out on the floor, and though I had cooked it and it was cooled…neither he nor Sasha would  eat it…so I picked it up and examined it, I noticed all the little arteries, and pondered at how neat it is that it was shaped primarily the same as my own heart.
Then, just last night I watched Dr. Oz performing several open heart surgeries…(Something I normally cannot watch) I watched with great interest for two hours!
I also have 3 good friends who have recently undergone heart surgeries/and or/ procedures, and I have been praying fervently for their continued recovery and health.
And then there’s been my own heart echo cardiograms that I have been undergoing throughout my treatment with Herceptin this past year…How interesting it has been to actually be able to watch my heart in action!
God is so awesome…and we truly are fearfully and wonderfully made!
So I believe my word for 2015 is ‘Heart’.
There is so much to glean from God’s Word regarding the heart…

 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. John 14:1

that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9

For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. Matthew 6:21

These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. Matthew 15:8

I have been feeling a bit lost and even a little alone since the Lord set me down…After all, I went from being like that lamb we have all seen in pictures…carried so close to the Lord’s own heart…to being placed back down on the ground to walk on my own two feet now.
My legs are still a bit shaky, but His hand holds mine firmly…He will never really let me down because He never lets go!
We never know what a new year will bring our way, but we know that God has already written out our life story. He has determined our every breath and like the winding of a clock the beat of the heart has been set in motion by Him…and He alone decides when it will no longer beat again.
Nothing catches God by surprise, and nothing can remove us from His hand…or from His heart.

 ~BLESSINGS & LOVE~
and remember, we are...

~NEVER FORSAKEN~

8 comments:

Lisa in Texas = ) said...

Oh I love the story of how you came up with your word for the year. And I think that you have picked a good one.
I also can understand your feeling set down. I think I might be in that same place. This past week I have felt a lot more quiet than usual and not quite sure why. Just a lot of introspection going on.
And truthfully I am not quite sure what my word for the year will be- last year it took me a month or so into the year to figure out that my word was courageous. So not quite sure where this year will lead yet. I am open to hearing from God and patiently waiting. Lisa :O)

Mari said...

When you hide His Words in your heart, even though you feel as if you have been placed down, you have Him right along side of you for every. So glad that you are doing better my friend, and thank you for visiting. :0) mari

Alex said...

Beautiful. It is a really good word ~
Bless your heart!
x

Never Forsaken said...

Hi Lisa, Yes...I feel that same quiet introspection lately too. Your word for last year was just what you needed and I am sure this year you will choose the perfect word, and you will know it when you see it.

Never Forsaken said...

Thanks Mari, You are so right...I can now picture that little lamb walking by his side looking up at Jesus...That is where I want to be now...watching my Shepherd and staying close.

Never Forsaken said...

Hi Alex,
I think it is a good one too!
God bless your heart also :)

Sharon said...

What a wonderful journey as God walked you to *HIS* word for you! I so enjoyed the story. Heart is a great word for you, as I know of few people who have walked through difficulties with such a heart for Jesus! I know that He will reveal new depths of meaning to you as He invades new corners of your HEART!

I am wondering how God is going to work His word for me - HEALING - into my journey this year. One thing I do know is that it will surprise me!!

GOD BLESS!

Never Forsaken said...

I know what you mean about surprises when it comes to God's working in us...But, we shouldn't be surprised...He always takes us where we least expect, and at the end of it we will look at the road behind us and say.."Well, of course it all makes perfect sense now'!
What a good word you have chosen...HEALING...I can think of many many ways in which God can use your healing to help teach people that it takes some pain and some scrapes along the way before we can fully appreciate and understand how capable and willing God is to heal our wounds.
God bless <3

So do not fear,  for I am with you;      do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen  you and help  you;      I will uphold ...