Thursday, January 15, 2015

Nesting


It is a foggy day up here in the northern woods…A good day to play inside.
001
I’m a nester by nature….Even now, with the empty nest syndrome, I still need my nest(s).
I currently have a nest in my bedroom where I spend the day taking advantage of the big south facing windows and lots of natural light.
IMG_2588IMG_2589IMG_2590IMG_2591IMG_2615IMG_2620
The two paintings shown are of Sarah by the sea…which is what I named it many years ago when I painted it back in 2005..(you can see the photo in the left bottom corner of the painting)…

IMG_2591

I remember running out of blue paint for it, so I had to experiment with some other things in order to finish it..lol!

IMG_2615[4]
The other painting was done by me and Sarah back in 2002…It was a fun mother and daughter project…and my favorite painting of all!



In the evening I spend time with Jeff in my nest in the living room I  usually stay here for a while after he goes to watch TV in bed. I’m not trying to avoid him or anything, its just that he likes to watch TV, and I usually don’t.

IMG_2626
It is a good place to read or sketch while Jeff watches TV…This is also where we eat dinner together. We’re very comfy in our matching recliners…the couch only gets used when we have company over…I am always redecorating it..Jeff says it’s one of my works of art..lol!
Now I have a new nest in the camper…It is full of bears and wolves and even  a moose or two…Lots of things to inspire some sketches on those camping nights or rainy days when we are unable to go exploring…(pictures coming soon)
I keep my sketching materials and my camera close by wherever I may nest…As I never know when the mood will strike…or when someone will strike a pose! :0
Both of our dogs are nesters too…Bud likes to stay in the bedroom 99% of the time while Sasha prefers to be alone in the hallway or the foyer….or outside on the back deck.
She actually gives us the stink eye if we try to call her in when she wants her alone time:
sasha alone

 I suppose I ought to get busy cleaning the house.
Oh…and maybe I’d better give someBuddy a snack?
001

Thank you for dropping by…I hope you enjoyed my silly sketches…and they made you smile. Smile

I have set the Lord always before me; because he is at my right hand, I shall not be shaken. Therefore my heart is glad, and my whole being rejoices;...

~Blessings & Love~ Lisa

13 comments:

  1. Nice art work! I especially love your family tree. Your home looks so cosy and comfy, a great place to sit and chat.
    I hadn't picked up a pencil to draw in a very long time but just two days ago I was inspired to draw a picture of spiritual warfare in the valley. Let's just say I need a LOT more practice. :P

    Blessings hon, thanks for sharing about your corner. <3
    <><

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sweetie...Thank you so much.
      My advice to you is to just pick up that pencil and draw!
      That's what I did here with these sketches. I did not care if they were 'good' or not, I just drew what was in my head or in front of me at the time..just for the fun of it....I would love to see your drawing of spiritual warfare...don't let the enemy tell you not to do something for fear it won't be good.
      Anything we do for God will be good, even if its something kind of silly just to make you smile...its dedicated to God.
      Blessings~

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the encouragement Lisa. If I do manage to advance over chicken scratches, then yes I will share them with you. :P
      You are right. If we do it for God then even if it is funny looking it is good.

      Blessings hon,
      <><

      Delete
  2. Oh Lisa~ I love your sketchings and your paintings - you are very creative. I did not realize how creative you are! I am glad that you have been able to spend time getting your nests comfy and cozy!
    Loved all your photos!
    Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa
      It is just for fun these days, many years ago I sold a few paintings. I feel like a little kid with my pencils and markers...and so I just let the kid in me play a bit. lol!

      Delete
  3. Lovely photos... and the paintings and sketches are beautiful too. Always love to have a look at your nest, because in addition to your words, actually seeing where you live makes everything more personal to me! I think I just found you on FB... may I add you as friend?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lidia,
      I like seeing where my friends live too...Our homes show our personalities.
      Yes...please do add me, I am new to FB. I was on it a few years ago, and decided to reopen my account a few months ago...but just let it sit idle until a couple days ago. I'm sure I don't know what I'm doing... I'm going to have to find my way around. :)

      Delete
  4. Lisa you definitely made me smile this morning. Loved your sketches. You have amazing talent in many areas. Have a blessed day! Hugs Chelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chelle..I'm so glad I made you smile!
      Blessings~ ((hugs))~ Lisa

      Delete
  5. Lisa , you have such cozy places to relax. Thank you for sharing :0) Mari

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought you would enjoy this...You are a fellow nester and
      I enjoy seeing your home pictures too :)

      Delete

A penny for your thoughts...
Sorry, no robots allowed...you don't have thoughts.

Translate