My Cancer Blog

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Winter thoughts and spring-time dreams

 “The reason birds can fly and we can't is simply because 
they have perfect faith, for to have faith is to have wings.” 
― J.M. BarrieThe Little White Bird

To see is to believe...But to feel is to see...(me) ;)

IMG_0135
I have plans today to finish redecorating the bedroom. I am making it bright and cheerful to help diffuse the dreariness that winter sometimes brings.
IMG_0135
I will post a picture when I’m done.
The weather has been bitter cold, and I have been trying to keep up with feeding the birds, but this morning I’ve run out of suet, and shopping is two days away
.IMG_2546IMG_2524IMG_2529 See who's eating all the suet up!
IMG_2563_thumb[2]
See the sparkly snow outside my bedroom window?
My sister in law, Rosie, called last night and asked if we could go up to her campsite in Fredrick to check on the place this weekend. She lives in Ohio, and we are less than an hour away from it.
So, we are gonna take Buddy on another ride this weekend to help him get used to it.
And there is a good reason why we are getting Bud used to car rides:
IMG_2417
We got a camper!
Jeff and I decided that after the year we just had, that this year we were going to do something special just for us…so we found this little gem down in Bay City…She is only five years old and in very good condition. Actually she suffered hail damage last summer and has been restored back to perfect condition!
I will share some interior photos as soon as I get them from Jeff’s phone…It is just too cold to go outside right now and take more photos.

We did spend a day and evening in the camper to test everything out...(on the weekend following New Years) It was very comfy and warm. We didn't stay all night because it would use a lot of propane to heat it that long this time of year. 
I am very excited and anxious for springtime!
So, that is why we need to get Buddy road ready so to speak. Smile 


 ~Blessings & Love~
and remember, we are...
~Never Forsaken~

9 comments:

Lisa in Texas = ) said...

How cool! I love your trailer. I look forward to seeing the inside photos! I also like the birdies that you are feeding. I really enjoy birds as well.
I think that redecorating your bedroom is a great idea! Look forward to those photos as well!
Enjoy your day! Lisa :O)

Never Forsaken said...

Thanks, my friend...I look forward to finishing it up tomorrow (the bedroom) It is all done except to dust the furniture and clean the mirror...Of course by tomorrow I will need to vacuum again, such is life with two dogs! I would have finished it this afternoon, but I had to cook dinner too.
I hate looking at the poor birds when I have no suet to feed them...I know they find food on their own, but I still get sad. :(
~Blessings~ Lisa

Susie Swanson said...

I love the camper. House cleaning is about all we can do on these bitter, cold days. I've been trying to do a little myself. Like you, I can't keep the bird feeders filled fast enough. Blessings and hugs , xo

Never Forsaken said...

Hi Susie, Yes...Housework is getting done faster when we can't go out and play!
Of course there must be time allowed to draw or read or whatever keeps the child in us happy throughout these chilly days! Hot cocoa helps too, lol!
I pray you are feeling well, my friend~Blessings and ((hugs)) to you dear Susie :)

Reformed rebel said...

Hi Lisa ~ love your pictures! That looks like a very nice camper. You two deserve it!! Looking forward to seeing the inside as well. Blessings to you...Chelle

Karen Kyle Ericson said...

Yeah the photos are great! It sounds like a lot of fun to have a camper like that : ) I haven't done much camping since I was a girlscout so many years ago lol. I hope you get some awesome photos while traveling a bit. God bless!

Never Forsaken said...

Thanks, Chelle...Hopefully I can get them tonight.
Blessings to you too, my friend!~

Never Forsaken said...

Thanks Karen, I have been trying to look for some one of a kind photo ops (hows that for some photography slang? That's all I got...lol!
God bless you too, my friend!

child of God said...

Nice camper!! If you every venture into western Canada let me know, it would be cool to meet up.

The woodpeckers around here always eat up the suet, so this year I'm just handing out sunflower seed. But, after seeing this post I might just cave in and make them some suet. :)

Blessings hon,
<><

So do not fear,  for I am with you;      do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen  you and help  you;      I will uphold ...