My Cancer Blog

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Reflections on solitude

DSC01930
This was taken one week ago at a state park nearby where we do our shopping. It was a nice quiet wooded trail.
DSC01910
Although I enjoyed the serenity and silence. I remembered that this is the time of year when there may be bears out and about with their cubs, so we had to make a little noise to make sure the mama bears knew we were out there in plenty of time to avoid crossing paths. This land is about 40 miles north of us and a prime bear hunting area in Michigan.
Black Bear Cubshttp://www.blackbearkingdom.net/black-bear-cubs.html
We once followed a truck which had a bear splayed across it’s bed on its way to the DNR tagging station here, and I could not stop crying because the bear looked just like my Sasha laying on there.
DSC01926
Doesn’t this old log look like some prehistoric creature rising up from the marsh?
me at the dam
This is me watching the water come out from the dam nearby.
DSC01885
There is a lot of fish here. We really do not like fish. Except for salmon once in awhile. We used to take our girls fishing when they were kids, but we now only fish on the free fishing weekend in the beginning of June…Just to stay in practice.
CIMG0851
This is me last year (on my birthday) fishing from a dock nearby where we live. I didn’t catch anything, but we watched an eagle soaring over the lake for quite awhile. I think it was fishing too. It sure had no competition from me!

There was an eagle that followed overhead while we were on our boat a few years ago. It was also on my birthday, so I believe that God sends me a birthday gift delivered on the wings of an eagle! The gift is joy and serenity wrapped up in hope for another year.
10-16-2011_076
I am filled with gratitude towards my heavenly Father for giving me such gifts!
We will be trading in our silence and solitude for a weekend filled with grandchildren and grand-dogs as we will be dog-sitting tomorrow through Friday, and then will have our three granddaughters, along with our daughter and her boyfriend and his three daughters…yes… you counted right…6 little girls! It will be a blessing and such a change around here for these two old hermits!

Well, I had better go now and fill up on some energy food…something tells me I’m gonna need it!
Oh, and cookies...lots and lots of cookies!

~God bless~

12 comments:

Brenda said...

Hi Lisa,
what lovely pictures, you are very blessed to live in such a beautiful place. I agree with you about the energy food, although I am sure that six little girls will look after 'nan' as well. Enjoy your weekend, and your sleep in the day after the girls have gone home. Ha ha (sorry Lisa).

Reformed rebel said...

You take the best pics Lisa! When I first saw the log I immediately thought Dolphin...my imagination isn't as good as yours but we were on the same track! Your pics always brighten my day. I love the outdoors...and fishing. I also love to eat fish. Bass mainly. Oh for my younger, healthier, years! LOL Have a great weekend.
God bless
Chelle

Never Forsaken said...

Hi Brenda,
Oh, no need to apologize my dear, I'm sure I will be exhausted come Monday morning! I am looking forward to a little girl fun this weekend. I just pray the weather is good, so I can take the tribe for a hike to wear them all out..hahaha!

Never Forsaken said...

Hey Chelle,
My first thought was 'dolphin' too! I even told Jeff that's what it looked like even moreso from the other angle walking up on it.
I wish I could like fish (I do try), because it is so healthy!
~Feel better, and God bless, My friend~

Maria said...

Lisa...you will enjoy every minute of their stay :) But also, once it is over, the memories will linger and make you smile... m.

Laurie Collett said...

God is so good to give us His creation to enjoy in solitude when we take the time! Isaiah 40 is one of the key verses of our dance ministry. Thanks for the gorgeous photos and post, and God bless!

Denise said...

Beautiful pictures sweet friend. Enjoy your family time this weekend.

Never Forsaken said...

Hi Maria,
Yes, that is whay I'm counting on...~God bless~

Never Forsaken said...

Hi Laurie,

God is awesome and is seen in His creation!
It must be wonderful to dance while meditationg on such a verse!
~God bless~

Never Forsaken said...

Thank you Denise, I sure will! ~God bless~

Just Be Real said...

Oh my gosh Lisa, such peace and tranquility. Blessings dear.....

Never Forsaken said...

Hi JBR,

It is peaceful, but sometimes I yearn to walk through the city and take in the sights and sounds of it too!
I guess there is good in everything that God blesses us with :)
~God bless~

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUD!

HAPPY 8TH B-DAY, BUD! I think he's had too many birthday cookies already today!