Thursday, May 2, 2013

Friends

This post is a bit different than most of my posts have been.
This post is to all of my friends. I just want you all to know that I consider each one of you a gift from God, and I really do love you all very much!
Sometimes I just take a day to read through your blogs, and sometimes I spend some time reading through (past posts and all) of a particular blog. I am so thankful for the variety of personalities that God has created in you all! I feel truly blessed to be able to share in your joys and your sorrows…to join with you in laughter and tears.
Be happy with those who are happy, and weep with those who weep. Romans 12:15
In all of our differences, we all have this one thing in common…
JESUS IS OUR LORD and OUR LIFE!
Anticipation of an upcoming family visit has had me really focused on family these last few days. I will be honest here…
I have not been much of a family participant these past years. I have been judgmental, and I have been angry for much of the time. You have all heard the saying “hurt people, hurt people.”, well, that has been true in my life. I have professed to being a Christian for nearly 30 years now, yet I have never really been able to fully forgive people. I have listened too often to the voice of the enemy saying that my anger was justified, and that I was not worthy to give or receive love and forgiveness from friends and family.
I feel like there has been a major shift in my life recently. It has been gradual…a movement deep within my spirit. I sensed it, yet ignored it. Well, just like a fault line deep within the earth may go unnoticed for a time…the cracks start to appear upon the surface after a while; and as the shifting continues down deep, the cracks become bigger and wider until it can no longer be ignored.
So, what is going on…Glad you asked…My heart of stone is finally breaking free, revealing a heart that can only be the heart of Jesus underneath!! (Yes, this is worth two exclamations)
17 Aware of their discussion, Jesus asked them: “Why are you talking about having no bread? Do you still not see or understand? Are your hearts hardened? 18 Do you have eyes but fail to see, and ears but fail to hear? And don’t you remember? 19 When I broke the five loaves for the five thousand, how many basketfuls of pieces did you pick up?” Mark 8:17-19

And while I can feel the beat of a new heart I can also feel something else falling away with the old pieces of stone…
All fear is gone…You see, I have always loved my Jesus, but I was so wrapped up in fear that fear was what either motivated or paralyzed me. And through wrong motivation and fear of doing things…I have lost much joy and hope…and worse…family members, and friends both!
And though I still do not believe I am worthy of your love and friendship…I want you to know that I treasure it!
Whew! Now that I have shared a piece of my heart with you, let me share a few photos…
DSC01978DSC01979DSC01983DSC01977DSC01982
I had a bit of anxiety about my granddaughters and my daughter’s boyfriend’s 3 daughters coming for a visit…You see, last Christmas Jeff and I took gifts to the grandkids, and did not take anything for the other three girls (we didn't know they would be there)…I told the girls I would give them a video game that I had at home…Well, after looking at the game a bit closer (it was a multi-game pack)…some of the games did not look age appropriate, and looked kind of ‘dark’, so I bought them the Bible stories DVD shown above.
And yesterday Jeff and I went to the dollar store and picked up some activity books, crayons, and for the older girls: journals and colorful pens. And for a last minute thing…I noticed the little plush animals…and since they were only $2 each, I said that if there were 6 varieties I would buy them…Well, there were exactly 6 different ones (Gotta love the dollar store!) So I am hoping everyone will be happy with the gifts, and will have a good time here…The weather is perfect and should be for the weekend too…Thank the Lord!
So the spare room is all set up for the kids.
That last picture is of a painting I did of our youngest daughter Sarah when she was a teen, and the smaller one is a painting I did with Sarah when she was only 10.
Well, I pray that you are all having a good week, and something to look forward to this weekend as well!
I will be back, Lord willing, to post some pictures of the granddaughters, and if their Dad gives me permission... of the 3 other little (adopted granddaughters).

~God bless~

18 comments:

  1. My precious heart to heart friend, love you so much. This post really touched my heart. I am praising God for the work He has been doing, and continues to do in your life. Bless you for being a willing vessel. Enjoy your weekend, the girls will love their gifts. The paintings are lovely, you are very talented. Please take care, praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Denise,

      You have been an inspiration to me. I am still praying for you too, dear sister~Love you~ Lisa

      Delete
  2. Hi Lisa,
    Sniff, sniff... :) What a beautiful, cleansing post! It is a pleasure to call you my friend and I am honoured to be let in to your heart and see the pain that lies there and to witness a healing take place.

    Have a wonderful weekend with your family and your 6 granddaughters. What a joy this will be. Praying all goes well for you hon.

    Beautiful pictures and the room looks so girl inviting!!

    Blessings,
    <><

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sweetie,

      you are such a strong influence on me! God is so good to bless us with friends and family.
      My poor husband will be surrounded by lotsa females once again, but at least this time he will have another guy here, LOL!

      ~God bless you my sweet friend~ Love ya

      Delete
  3. How awesome Lisa! Isn't God good to show us where we need to heal and then help us to do so, as we have a willing heart. Your weekend will be beautiful with your family and the girls are going to love what you have gotten for them. Have a great time and I will talk with you next week.
    Love you friend
    Chelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chelle,

      Hoping you are feeling better today. God is always god to give us what it is we need when we need it. All we have to do is to get out of His way sometimes, LOL!

      ~Love you~ Lisa

      Delete
  4. I'm so glad you are feeling better. I love it when the stone gets rolled away and I can breathe : ) God bless!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen,
      Very well put...the stone rolls away...love it!
      ~God bless you, my friend~

      Delete
  5. So happy for you, Lisa! Hope it all leads to a more enjoyable life. These new modern blended families can be tricky sometimes. Is sometimes hard to figure out just what to do. But isn't fun to buy all those kiddie toys?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jane,

      Yes, it was great fun to do some shopping...now if only I can keep the dogs out of the room...Buddy wants those toys!
      It is a bit complicated dealing with these mixed families...never had to before...but God knows and loves these children, so that is what we do to then!

      Delete
  6. You don't know me. I was visiting my old friend Hazelmarie "mattie", remembering... then hopped over to here, from her reading list!

    Such a very lovely, truth-flowing post... and yes, I feel I was supposed to read it! Funny how I've found an answered prayer... in a place I've never known. Mattie would write(smile).

    Oh and while reading I had this idea pop in my mind: take a photo of all six girls together and frame them for the room! An amazing room of love.

    Take care and many blessings to fill your heart. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dixie,
      It's good to meet you!
      I'm so glad that Mattie left her blog up. I pray she is doing alright. Her blog was so beautiful!
      I'm glad you found an answer for your prayer...sometimes it comes in unexpected places.
      I love your idea about the photo! Thank you :)

      ~God bless you~

      Delete
  7. What a beautiful post that touches my heart Lisa; you are such a treasured friend with a loving and generous heart! Our friends and family give us endless faith, encouragement, and support; they bring us peace and happiness that we could never experience otherwise. The encouragement we give to each other blesses each of us in a unique and special way, and we must always protect and embrace it!

    I am so happy to have you as a friend sweet sister! Blessings for an awesome weekend; can't wait to hear about it!
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Denise,

      You are so sweet and such an inspiration to me my friend!

      I can't wait to share the adventure with you too!
      Love you.
      ~God bless~

      Delete
  8. A sweet honest opening of your heart to us. May the Lord continue to bless you and your family.Thank you for the tender post,it was a blessing to Me.Denise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Denise,

      I am so blessed with many friends named Denise, LOL!
      So glad you were blessed here.

      Delete
  9. Lisa, I didn't know you are an artist too. The paintings look beautiful. I'm starting to paint the sheep and Delilah. I'm looking forward to it. I've been painting all the grandkids a painting and I just finished a football painting-not really my thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peggy,
      If I remember right (& that's a big 'IF'), My first comment to you was about how you paint very similar to the way my mother painted and I had taught her very late in her life...she always had the talent, she just needed the encouragement :)
      I don't paint very often anymore though. That is so cool that you are painting for each grandchild! I used to sell my work, but I hated that, because then I could not paint whatever I wanted to. But it is a good way to try new techniques and push yourself a bit. ~God bless~

      Delete

A penny for your thoughts...
Sorry, no robots allowed...you don't have thoughts.

Translate