Monday, May 6, 2013

Uninvited

Fear and Frustration…

The family arrived a bit late. As the joyful youngsters flooded into the house anticipating ‘Fun’…Fun was delayed at the door; pushed aside, as the uninvited visitor forced his way inside instead. ‘Fear’ stepped into the little home followed closely by his friend and comrade… ‘Frustration’.

The phone had just rang…

On the other end of the phone was the anxious voice of the youngest daughter:

“Mom, we don’t know what we are supposed to do!”

Our Son in Law who is a veteran suffering from PTSD, as well as type 1 diabetes, with neuropathy in both hands, feet, and stomach… along with a myriad of other health problems had ran out of insulin because of a UPS delivery mistake. The delivery would not come until Monday.

Josh has his insulin injected by a pump, and struggles to keep his levels stabilized from day to day. He could not wait until Monday.

They had been going around and around with the VA about this, and the frustration of waiting for his VA physician to help had him entangled in a lot of red tape. He had been on hold with the VA on the other phone line for a long time, so Sarah called me, fearful that Josh might not get insulin before he went into a crisis situation. They had been told that the prescription would not be released to any pharmacy outside of the VA approved one, which was a hundred miles away, and would be closed within the hour.

I took the phone into my bedroom away from the noise of the rest of the family, and told my daughter not to worry…I then called our local hospital. They could treat him, but the VA insurance would not pay for it…They would have to make the long drive to the VA hospital instead. The last time he was treated at a local hospital it was very, very expensive!

So fear gave way to frustration…This young man is a veteran for goodness sakes! Why could they not just fax his script to our local hospital 5 minutes away from where they live!

Father God…We need faith!

 For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, "Abba, Father." Romans 8:15

I took a few minutes to calm down and pray to the Father for peace, provision, and protection…and then I went out into the living room and opened the door and let Faith usher in ‘Fun’ for the rest of the evening.

Although they were unable to visit with us Saturday evening, Josh was able to get the insulin he needed before becoming sick.

Because of a schedule change, the kids could not spend the night, and had to go home the same evening. But thanks to ‘Faith…we were able to squeeze in lots of ‘Fun’ anyway!

As many of you know we were so excited to have this chance to visit with our family…and the enemy sure did try to destroy it all by sending two of his best thugs in to crash our party!

Aside from Sarah missing out on seeing her nieces (whom she hadn’t seen in 2 yrs.) We had a very fun time with the kids while they were here…

                                    


What is not pictured here is the short hike we all took at night down an old trail off of a country road nearby…This was something our kids always loved to do when they were young…We walked with a flashlight…I reassured the kids that no animal in their right mind would bother the ten of us…Surely we had scared off any within a mile, except for the one lone deer that the kids were excited to see up close just before exiting the truck.

The kids had a blast! This is something they will be talking about for a while…and remembering always!

Thank you, dear friends for your prayers for Jeff’s BP…He had such anxiety when he first got to his appointment, that his BP was quite high when the nurse took it! She actually had to turn off the light, close the door, and leave him to lie down and relax a bit before attempting to take it again. It was normal…Praise God! This test is needed every few years in order to keep his CDL licenses…and his job!… (hence the anxiety)

Please keep Josh in your prayers as his medical condition continues to worsen; and it is very hard for them to have to always deal with the Veterans Administration…I hate to complain, but after witnessing their struggles, as well as other local veterans…You would think that after combat in the war, they would not have to face their biggest battle for the basic necessities in life once they come home!

And please pray for Sarah…She has a lot more stress at work since nearly everyone in the deli where she works has quit…she is one of only 3 left. She has been there for over 3 years, and really needs the job.

Thanks again for your love and prayers!

~ Blessings and love ~
& remember, we are...

NEVER FORSAKEN




27 comments:

Dixie said...

You and your family are added this day to my prayer life. Your post spoke so profoundly to my own times of needed faith. I found myself shouting, "Amen" to your scripture reference. Amen indeed!

In the name of Jesus, be blessed and continue on, knowing, "this too shall pass."

Never Forsaken said...

Dear Dixie, I join you in prayer for you and your family as well...the enemy is sure at work, but there is no weapon formed against us that will prosper! In Jesus we are not defeated...In Jesus we are more than conquerors! Amen & Amen!!

Brenda said...

Lisa,
what beautiful pictures. All I see there is happiness, and the Lord provided it. The enemy can only hinder, he can not prevent the blessings we receive from the Lord when we trust in Him. Sometimes it is only after the event, when we have cast all our anxieties upon the Lord, that we can see how faithful our God is. I thank our lovely Lord for answered prayer for Jeff, and join everyone else in praying for Josh and Sarah. We trust in You with all our heart Lord, not leaning on our own understanding, and thank You that although our governments might not help and reward those who have given service to them, we forget not all your benefits that you give freely, including healing, even though we have done nothing to earn it except believe in You. Thank You Lord for Your unconditional love to us. Amen

Denise said...

Thanks for sharing this, love the pictures. Praise God for answering prayers concerning Jeff's BP. I will be lifting Josh, and Sarah up in my prayers. It is so wrong that Josh has to go through all of this, I hate the way our dear veterans are treated. I love you my friend.

child of God said...

Hi Lisa,
I am so glad that you were able to make the best of a very stressful situation and not let the enemy win. Praise GOD!!

This is so sad about all this red tape but I am glad that it was resolved and Josh did not suffer any adverse effects. Satan really does know where to strike doesn't he. :s Praying for this situation.

Lovely pics! You have a beautiful family and it looks like your time together was joyful and full of good memories.

Lifting your family up to the Lord for job security and health.

Praise GOD Jeff passed!!! :)

<><

Maria said...

Lisa...always know that Our Lord knows everything that is happening to His Children. He is there in the midst of it all. I am glad that you allowed Faith to enter and calm you and everyone around you.

Prayers are such good medicine! :) m.

Never Forsaken said...

Thank you for your prayers my sweet sister in Christ.

And thank the Lord for His unwavering and unconditional love for us who do not deserve it!

Thank you Father...May you be glorified in all we do and say In Jesus~Amen

Never Forsaken said...

Thank you for your prayers Dear One, I love you too!

Never Forsaken said...

Thank you for your prayers, my sweet sister in Christ!
~Love you, and God bless.~

Never Forsaken said...

Ah yes, prayer is a good way to stay healthy and positive amidst the pains and negativity in this world!
~Love you, and God bless~

Reformed rebel said...

Hi Lisa ~
That ol' devil tried to ruin everything but he didn't succeed! Fear and frustration may have walked in but I bet they were crawling out! The Lord stepped in right on time...again! I so love that about HIM! I will pray for your family. So glad to hear Jeffs Bp was good! As always Lisa...Blessings and Love to you.
Chelle

Never Forsaken said...

Hi Chelle,

Your comment made me smile. I invisioned two guys crawling out the door and getting a swift kick off the front step! Or perhaps just getting trampled underfoot by six kids, LOL!

~Blessings and love~

Denise said...

What a perfect example of how you didn't let unexpected problems, interruptions, and delays (that the enemy so loves to challenge us with) destroy your patience and push you to a point of frenzy and hysteria! Ha! I love this quote I read a while back, "The true test of walking in the Spirit will not be the way we act, but the way we REACT to the daily frustrations of life."

Love, love all the pictures Lisa, and I am so thankful that your son-in-law was able to get his insulin on time, and that Jeff's BP was normal...what a joyful praise! What wonderful blessings to be thankful for this weekend!

Blessings and (((((hugs))))) to you throughout the week sweet sister!
Denise

Never Forsaken said...

Hi Denise,

When the girls were little, I used to remind them that you cannot control how others act...only how you react.
I am chalking this weekend up to another lesson learned about how God will take care of it all.
I am so thankful for your prayers and your wonderful friendship Denise!
((hugs))
~Blessings and love~
Lisa

Denise said...

First,let Me say you look way too young to have any son-in-laws,a blessing in it'self ; )I love reading how our Lord answers our prayers and teaches us what We need to know,developing us to be His Bride.He is Awesome.P.S.I see I'm the third Denise to comment,that is so strange for Denise's.If there's a fourth please let us know :)

Denise said...

Thank you for the sweet compliment you gave Me on My post.

Never Forsaken said...

Hi Denise #3, (LOL)

Thank you for the compliment...I was a mess in that picture, but there was no time to get it together as we were on our way out for a walk...(dim lights are the secret to looking young, LOL!)

I think there are just the 3 Denises following this blog...I know I was surprised about that too! A few posts back I mentioned being blessed with 3 friends named Denise...God has been so good answering so many prayers...He is always good though, even when the answer is not what I may want at the time.
~Blessings and love~

jill said...

I stumbled across your blog while blog hopping and read this post. My husband is a vet and also suffers from PTSD, although he is not diabetic. I do not mean to pry, but does Josh have a VA rep? Does he have a disability rating....he should if he has PTSD.

He needs to find out where his regional headquarter is....we live in San Bernardino County, but my husbands VA Regional headquarters is San Diego. He can change POA over to a new rep at the Loma Linda VA(his current rep is with the VFW in San Diego). I ask because your son in law should not be going through this, seriously. The VA can be bad at times, but this is simply intolerable. If he does not have a rep, he needs one. At his nearest VA center or hospital there should be a VFW, DAV and such where they can help him.

The local hospital told you wrong, the VA will work outside their system....and in a case like your son in law, I think it necessary. Please see this web site....hope it answers some questions. Any more, feel free to email me.
http://www.blogs.va.gov/VAntage/586/busting-myths-about-va-health-care/

blessings, jill

Peggy said...

Our mother hearts can quickly go to fear & frustration when our children face problems, no matter how old they are or how far away. But if we stop and pray like you did, then faith will return and be restored.
I'll be praying for Josh and Jeff and you and all your family. I'm so glad you had a nice visit with the kids.

Never Forsaken said...

Hi Jill,

Thanks for your help. Yes, he has a rep, but he claims she does not help him very well. Our VA headquarters are in Saginaw. He has been developing different symptoms so is under new evaluation for a new rating.
At one point he was on the phone with our state representative because his paperwork had been misfiled (actually, one person said they had filed it, and blamed another for losing it, and it turned out to be that person trying to cover their own rear end)...they had lost the file, and Josh had to start all over again...It has been a two year battle, and they are telling him that the lost paperwork set him back two more years.
Meanwhile, the bills are piling up and he is getting even sicker.

The last time he visited the local hospital they did treat him, but he was billed for it, and the VA did not pay his bill.

I will send this link to him ASAP...I hope he finds better help too. Thank you :)

~God bless~

Never Forsaken said...

Hi Peggy,
Thank you so much for your prayers.
Yes, it is a mother's heart that fills up whenever one of her children cry out...That is how God designed it, so that needs would be met through prayer!
~Blessings and love~

Crown of Beauty said...

How beautifully this post is written. Fear and frustration sure tried to steal the joy, but faith and fun saved the day. I weep for Sarah and Josh who have to go through what they are going through... being given the run around, and the situation could very well turn out to be life threatening. But you are right to run to Abba Father for guidance and for peace. Praise God for how things turned out for Josh. God indeed knows, and He is in charge.

Lovely pics. Beautiful memories.

Love
Lidia

Never Forsaken said...

Hi Lidia,

God is always nearby and He never ignores our cries!

I am enjoying your blog, BTW :) I love the Sunflowers.

I am learning so much from you.

Your family is just beautiful!

~Blessings and Love~

Denise said...

Please send me your email address, love you.

Dee said...

I am impressed how well you handled the situation by not giving in to fear and frustration and was able to enjoy the much needed visit with the rest of your family. Satan is always trying to ruffle our day through our family's...your post is inspiring to me on how to handle a situation with my own daughter. I will keep your son-n-law in prayer.

Never Forsaken said...

Hi Denise,

It is nvr4skn@gmail.com

I'll be opening another one soon too.
Love you too, dear sister.

Never Forsaken said...

Hi Dee,

After a few rounds with the enemy we learn to recognize his tactics. I knew as soon as the phone call came that he was at work. But I knew that God was gonna use this as a time to battle because He is always at work too. But he makes us more than conquerers Dee.
I hope you are feeling better...Saying a prayer for you and your husband now dear one.
~Blessings and love~

So do not fear,  for I am with you;      do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen  you and help  you;      I will uphold ...