This is the necklace that my Mama gave me before she died. I have been wearing it to remember her throughout the whole month of May, not only because of Mother’s Day, but also because she died on May 28th, 2000. She was 74.
It has a little dried violet inside…my favorite flower and color too. My Mama loved gold and silver jewelry, and she loved diamonds as well as other precious gems…But this necklace she saved just for me, because she knew how much I loved violets and other ‘free’ treasures from nature more than all the gold, or diamonds and other more ‘valuable’ things.
I know my Mama is walking streets of Gold with her Lord and Savior now…and in my imagination I see her carrying a small bouquet of violets just for me.
I will see you again someday Mama!
I woke up fearful this morning. I have been dealing with a health issue and will be seeing a new doctor next Thursday.
I visited a few blogs early this morning and found just exactly the scripture that I needed to drive away all the fear from my mind.
I demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ….Thanks Brenda
I also received encouragement from a sweet sister in Christ in an email this morning. The Lord must have told her I needed it, because I hadn’t said anything about the upcoming appointment…Thanks Denise O.
Yesterday at the feeder:
Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father’s care. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows. Mt.10:29-31
- A Ruby Breasted Grosbeak
- A very angry Oriole “Where’s my food?” he was asking as he flew up to the kitchen window twice!
- Blue Jays
- Doves (feeding on the ground)
- an assortment of Woodpeckers (did not see the pileated…But I heard him in the woods.)
- Also heard in the swamps the Whippoorwill.
- An assortment of sparrows and wrens
- Oh, and we mustn’t forget our confused little Robin friend is still peeking into the window everyday…(much to Sasha’s frustration)!
Some other visitors to the yard included :
- A neighbors cat who loves to sit underneath our shed in the backyard and taunt the dogs.
- A myriad of squirrels and chipmunks who like to taunt the dogs.
- The meter reader who woke Bud up and made him freak out…Sorry he scared you too! (She nearly ran down the sidewalk)!
- A UPS delivery guy who made Buddy howl!
So as you can see we had quite a colorful crowd. Now I need to get into the shed out back and find the Hummingbird and Oriole feeders before I get into more trouble, LOL!
HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY!
~Blessings and love~
& remember, we are…