My Cancer Blog

Thursday, May 9, 2013

In Memory


Snapshot_20130503(2)
This is the necklace that my Mama gave me before she died. I have been wearing it to remember her throughout the whole month of May, not only because of Mother’s Day, but also because she died on May 28th, 2000. She was 74.
It has a little dried violet inside…my favorite flower and color too. My Mama loved gold and silver jewelry, and she loved diamonds as well as other precious gems…But this necklace she saved just for me, because she knew how much I loved violets and other ‘free’ treasures from nature more than all the gold, or diamonds and other more ‘valuable’ things.
I know my Mama is walking streets of Gold with her Lord and Savior now…and in my imagination I see her carrying a small bouquet of violets just for me.
DSC020731
I will see you again someday Mama!



*******************************************************
I woke up fearful this morning. I have been dealing with a health issue and will be seeing a new doctor next Thursday.
I visited a few blogs early this morning and found just exactly the scripture that I needed to drive away all the fear from my mind.

I demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ….Thanks Brenda

I also received encouragement from a sweet sister in Christ in an email this morning. The Lord must have told her I needed it, because I hadn’t said anything about the upcoming appointment…Thanks Denise O.



Yesterday at the feeder:

Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father’s care. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.  Mt.10:29-31



  • A Ruby Breasted Grosbeak
  • A very angry Oriole “Where’s my food?” he was asking as he flew up to the kitchen window twice!
  • Blue Jays
  • Doves (feeding on the ground)
  • an assortment of Woodpeckers (did not see the pileated…But I heard him in the woods.)
  • Also heard in the swamps the Whippoorwill.
  • An assortment of sparrows and wrens
  • Cardinals
  • Chickadees
  • Oh, and we mustn’t forget our confused little Robin friend is still peeking into the window everyday…(much to Sasha’s frustration)!

Some other visitors to the yard included :

  • A neighbors cat who loves to sit underneath our shed in the backyard and taunt the dogs.
  • A myriad of squirrels and chipmunks who like to taunt the dogs.
  • The meter reader who woke Bud up and made him freak out…Sorry he scared you too! (She nearly ran down the sidewalk)!
  • A UPS delivery guy who made Buddy howl!

So as you can see we had quite a colorful crowd. Now I need to get into the shed out back and find the Hummingbird and Oriole feeders before I get into more trouble, LOL!

HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY!

~Blessings and love~

& remember, we are…

NEVER FORSAKEN


 

27 comments:

Sushi said...

Piper here. I know that you miss your mom like i miss my dad. Love the verse you quoted here. It's our faith in Jesus that gives us the strength to go on. Keep the faith. God bless you...

Never Forsaken said...

Hi Piper,

Hi Hon, Even though it has been years, most of the time the memory is enough...but there are times when we wish for more.
That is the thing about Jesus...He is the 'More' we long for, and He is an ever present friend who walks beside us everyday!
~Blessings and Love~

Brenda said...

Hi Lisa,
what a lovely necklace, and what a lovely picture of your mother and her pets. My mum has been gone a long time now, but I love her as if she were still here. I am so glad that the Lord has spoken to you concerning fear. Remember, we trust in the Lord with all our heart. He is the best protection we could have. You are so blessed to have all those beautiful birds around you. God bless you and your family.

Just Be Real said...

Hugs to you my dear at this time.....

Never Forsaken said...

Hi Brenda,

That picture was taken about eight years before she died. The little dog was our dog Billy, and the black one was her dog Marylou.

Believe me, my friend...God is teaching me to trust in Him for all provision and protection moreso everyday...My husband just came home from work an hour ago with news that starting July our health insurance coverage bill will double!
But speaking of birds...and lillies (or violets) Our Father assures us that he values us more than these, yet he cares for their needs!
The devil is mad that I am not afraid :)

Praising Jesus ...No fear!

~Blessings and love~

Never Forsaken said...

Thank you for the hugs, sweet friend,
((HUGS))!
~Blessings and love~

Denise said...

Such a lovely necklace from your beautiful momma. I am sure that our mommas are wonderful friends, walking the streets of gold together. I am keeping you in my prayers, asking God to be close to you as you go to the new doctor next week. I love you.

Never Forsaken said...

Thank you Denise,
They are friends for sure!
Thanks for your prayers...my husband is going with me, God always uses him to help me stay calm :)
~I love you too, my dear sister in Christ~

Maria said...

What a beautiful necklace, but its worth is in the memories that it holds for you my friend. Let the fear go and allow Our Lord to keep you calm. Remember that He is with you Lisa...and He cares!!! m.

Reformed rebel said...

Love the pic of your Mom Lisa. When you go to that doc next week just remember that, besides your husband, our Lord will be right there with you too. A power greater than anything the evil one can bring your way will be walking in the door with you and standing by your side throughout the whole visit! Amen!!

Love and blessings....Chelle

Brenda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brenda said...

Made a mistake in spelling again.
Amen to the devil being mad and a thief and a liar. The same is happening here regarding financial situations. Praise the Lord that circumstance does not rule out blessing when our Heavenly Father is our protection. God bless you with all the promises of God that are 'Yes' in Jesus. x

child of God said...

Hi Lisa,
I too have lost my mom. A mom's place in our hearts can not be replaced by anything.
Praying for you during this time, that you will find peace and the doctor you see will have wisdom and knowledge from the Lord on how to treat you. Praying also for divine intervention and healing.

Blessings sister,
<><

Never Forsaken said...

Hi Maria,
Yes, I know God will calm my nerves. It is pretty awesome how that will always happen when we need it!
~Blessings and love~

Never Forsaken said...

Thank you for the encouragement Chelle, I know you speak from experience, my friend!
~Blessings and Love~

Never Forsaken said...

Hi Sweetie,

He actually used to be my doctor many years ago but he gave up his private practice for several years. (He even went on 'who wants to be a millionaire' as a contestant, LOL!)

But what is most important is that I know he's a good doctor and a Christian.
Thanks for praying...Blessings and love~

Susie Swanson said...

I know exactly how you feel .. I miss my mother so much too.. The necklace is beautiful. My mother loved violets as well.. Hope you have a nice Mother's Day.. Blessings. xo

Crystal Mary said...

Hello Lisa, Mothers are treasures, I cannot imagine an unkind one, I also love my mother very much.. Wearing that lovely necklace would make your mum feel very close by. Can you imagine her young again, walking the streets of heaven, singing and happy.. What a joy when you reunite again.
Glad you can enjoy the birds and thrill at the beauty of nature all around. When I lived 3 yrs in TN I used to sit and watch the hummingbirds, and cardinals. I also loved the woody woodpecker...the big red headed one and used to wonder how he didn't get a head ache. Creatures are so awesome to watch. Home here in Oz I love the kookaburra's laughing. We have an enormous parrot life and they chatter so noisily you sometimes you can't hear much else. But, they are happy and make us the same. xx

Nikki (Sarah) said...

the part about you mom....made me a bit sad and happy at the same time. Sad....b/c loosing someone you love is so darn hard and happy....b/c your faith is amazing and for me too....I'm grateful He's in my world to make sense of everything. Have a beautiful weekend.

Never Forsaken said...

Thank you Susie~ Have a wonderful Mother's Day, My friend~
~Blessings and love~

Never Forsaken said...

Hi Crystal Mary,

My mother had a lot to endure throughout her life...it was never easy for her, yet she made sure her children always had what was needed...that is a self sacrificing love.
I do imagine her lauging and finally carefree now. That is the picture I carry in my heart now, and it blesses me.
I had a cockatiel named Zoe a few years ago...I had to leave home on an emergency and missed the appointment to have his wings clipped...Wouldn't you know it, one of the kids let him out of his cage and he flew away!
When I returned home the next day I actually climbed up on top of the house (in my bathrobe) with my bowl of cereal, because he loved to eat ceareal with me every morning, trying to get him to come back...He actually just swooped down and back...and disappeared forever, a bright yellow blur against the sky.
I could tell many a funny story about that crazy bird...He was such a character!
The pileated woodpecker (woody) visits the feeder daily...at the close of summer, he and his mate will bring their newest addition to the family to introduce to us. The baby woodpeckers sometimes practice on the stovepipe, or on the metal light post...They should certainly have headaches!
~Blessings and love~

Never Forsaken said...

Hi Sarah,

That is the beauty of being a Christian, our sadness is covered with happiness, our sorrow is wrapped in hope.
you are right, He does help us to make sense of this crazy scary world! ~Blessings and Love~

CAROLDEE said...

So happy you have some wonderful memories and something to keep close to your heart.Many blessings to you and prayers for good results from the dr appt.

Never Forsaken said...

Hi Caroldee,

Thank you for your prayers :)
I hope you have found a solution to your internet worries?

~Blessings and Love~

Dixie said...

Beautiful. My own path seems similar for this month. Thanks; I remembered to feel loved! Happy Mother's Day.

Sushi said...

So true. Happy mom's day to you. Blessings...

Piper

Just Be Real said...

((((Lisa))) Thinking about you today....

So do not fear,  for I am with you;      do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen  you and help  you;      I will uphold ...