My Cancer Blog

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Morning thoughts


Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving Holiday! Jeff and I went out this year for a change…The restaurant was so beautifully decorated for Christmas, that it inspired me to decorate our house early this year.
Anyone who does not live under a rock…not the swanky kinda rock with cable TV and internet…knows about the unrest in the middle east surrounding Israel lately…
Don’t forget to pray for Israel as we are commanded to.

 Here is a link for a good sample prayer: http://www.prayingscriptures.com/jerusalem.shtml


Sunrise over Jerusalem
Sunrise_over_Jerusalem,_tb031605579bwr[1]

A little perspective
israel[1]

And, on a lighter note…
CIMG1474

It’s getting cold in the north…I caught these three together in front of the heater this morning, which is a rare occurrence to find all three together close enough for a photo! They all seem to call a truce whenever the heater kicks on, otherwise Emma, the chihuahua will not tolerate the others encroaching on her territory (sorry about the poor quality…I just woke up, and used my smartphone to capture this.) Actually, It’s never easy to get a good picture of black dogs in a dark house…especially when one or both suddenly start moving about as soon as they see me with the camera! Last weekend I caught my husband sound asleep and spooning with Buddy (did I mention it’s getting cold in the north?)…luckily, for him, My camera died just as I was about to take the shot…He still doesn’t believe me. I sure wish I had a picture to prove it to him.

Well, that’s about it for now…My brain needs more coffee.

~Have a blessed day~

8 comments:

Child of God said...

Hi Lisa,
I am glad you had a good thanksgiving dinner. Thanks for the reminder to pray for Israel. The situation is nasty and they are in need of a lot of prayer support.

Stay warm hon and enjoy that coffee. :)

Blessings,
<><

Peggy said...

I'm glad you are getting in the holiday spirit early. Yes, we do all,need to pray for Israel. Thanks for the sample prayer. I'm also praying for your family to have a healthy and blessed Chriistmas season. Peggy

Ken said...

Hi Lisa,
I was looking at the map of all the nations surrounding Israel and thinking about how much all those nations hate Israel. They all want Israel wiped off the face of the earth. But God has a plan for Israel. I am with you, we must all be praying for Israel.
Take care and God bless,
Ken

Denise said...

Hi Lisa,

I seem to be in the holiday spirit early this year too; way ahead of myself for a change!

Many prayers for peace and security in Israel...God has a plan, and we must continue to pray!

Blessings and love dear friend,
Denise

Never Forsaken said...

Hi Child of God,
It is a bad situation, but it is good to know that God is in complete control. Hopefully we will see more Jewish people come to know the Lord Jesus as their savior very soon!
Hope you are staying warm too!
~God Bless~ Lisa

Never Forsaken said...

Hi Peggy,

It is nice to wake up each morning and turn the tree lights and the lights for the Nativity on. My daughter and granddaughters are coming up on New Years, so I will keep everything decorated until afterwards. ( I usually take it all down on the 26th )
Praying for you and your family too...I loved your family Thanksgiving pictures!)

Never Forsaken said...

Hi Ken,
Yes, that map sure makes it clear...Israel is surrounded by bullies! But God will always protect them. It is amazing that this tiny spot on the map is where God sets the stage for the fate of the entire world to be played out upon! But that is how God works...The people of Jesus' day were surprised that the Messiah...God in the flesh was born in a stable, and grew up as a carpenter and died on a cross...God saves the best act for the end...Jesus resurrection...and then Jesus as Ruler in the New Jerusalem! gives you goosebumps when you think about it!
Have a great week Ken.
~God Bless~ Lisa

Never Forsaken said...

Hi Denise,

I went from an almost 'Hum-bug' kind of attitude this year...to a "let's go shopping for some new ornaments!" kind of attitude instead, LOL!
God will keep us in perfect peace those who trust in Him.

Blessings and love to you as well, Denise ~Lisa~

So do not fear,  for I am with you;      do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen  you and help  you;      I will uphold ...