Monday, November 12, 2012

Chasing Feathers

 
...the tongue is a small part of the body, but it makes great boasts. Consider what a great forest is set on fire by a small spark. The tongue also is a fire, a world of evil among the parts of the body. It corrupts the whole body, sets the whole course of one’s life on fire, and is itself set on fire by hell...James 3:5-6


I wish I could take back the words I said…But
that idea is as futile as trying to catch feathers blowing away in the wind…the feathers are like words spoken in a moment of anger, or carelessness.
I asked the Lord to reveal a sin to me very recently. I just did not have peace in my walk, or in any aspect of my life lately. He didn’t reveal the sin that was in my heart right away, it took a couple of days, but when I seen it for what it was,  I was struck with such a sickening feeling about it, and I repented of it immediately!
Now, I know that the Lord forgave the transgression, and even cleansed me from it, but in this case, He was requiring me to do something further…since it was the sin of bringing accusation against the brethren, against the pastor of the church I was attending…accusation based on assumptions made about a man with whom I have never even taken the time to get to know…and then using my words to fuel the fire of others who were less than impressed with the man, and with the church.
I even encouraged my own husband to quit attending church…My husband, by the way, whom I have prayed would join me in attending church for a long time!
So, why am I writing about this on here? you might be asking.
Because, my dear sisters and brothers, I want to let you know, that I felt that I could not continue to effectively minister to anyone unless I came clean about what I have done to the body of Christ, to part of our family…and ask you to please pray that the enemy, who is the accuser of the brethren will not feel free to ever use me in this way again!
You see, in all my years of being a Christian, I have tried to understand exactly what my gifts were in the body of Christ, and it was made very clear that my gift is to edify the church, to encourage my brethren to not lose hope and to understand that in His presence is fullness of Joy…so that when the enemy comes along to try to steal your hope and take away your joy…you would understand that out of Jesus flows the living Water of life eternal, and His Holy Spirit dwells within you guaranteeing access to His Holy presence 24/7…This hope and joy can not be taken unless it is given away! This is my ministry…this is what the Lord has equipped me to do!..And it is not of myself, but through Him all glory belongs!!
So, the enemy, through his subtle deceit, used me to act in opposition to my calling in Christ, and this was a sin done out of my own weakness and stupidity. There are no excuses for what I did. I am forgiven, God has forgotten this sin already, but I must remember to never let it happen again…Amen, and Thank you Jesus for this cleansing!~
So, although I may never catch all those elusive feathers that I so so carelessly released out into the wind…I am entrusting God to help me do some damage control in that situation….If only I can catch one of those feathers...



 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Ephesians 4:29


Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you ought to answer each person  Colossians 4:6

Gracious words are like a honeycomb, sweetness to the soul and health to the body.  Proverbs 16:24

6 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa,
    How very brave of you! I wish more Christians would take the Word of God so seriously. The repentance you did will work itself out and the humility that come with it will keep you in check. I know I hate repenting to someone I have hurt. :( The embarrassment of the act keeps me in check.

    Thank you for sharing, your words have been a good reminder to me to watch what I say.

    Blessings,
    <><

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Child of God,

      Oh, I'm far from brave...I made two calls yesterday, and had to control the shakes something awful. I will still need to go to the one I talked about and ask for forgiveness. I had an elder lady in the church advise me to do that, although the Lord had already put it on my heart...I will need prayer for strength for this!
      Good point you made though, the difficulty of it will work as a reminder for future temptation.
      ~God Bless~ Lisa

      Delete
    2. Morning! I am about to shut the computer but I wanted to reply before doing so. You are brave. Bravery doesn't mean you don't shake with fear and feel ill inside, bravery means even in this shaking you still do the right thing. I believe David was shaking with fear when he fought Goliath.

      This is a great example for all of us. Praying for you. For this fear to be not of man but fear of God and that He will strengthen you to go about this job you must do in humbleness and that through this a release of His mighty blessings will fall down on you and those around you.

      Have a mighty day in the Lord!
      <><
      (Oops put this under the wrong reply spot, sorry.)

      Delete
  2. Oh Lisa, my heart and prayers are with you sister! I can't count the number of times that I have been caught up in idle chatter and have criticized or pointed out other peoples flaws. The uncontrolled tongue can do terrible damage, and I am so thankful that God forgives our sincere hearts.

    God always has a way of making things work out if we trust and have abundant faith; in every situation God gives us comfort and encouragement that will make us stronger. Because of your loving and faithful heart, He will work things out for you! :)

    Love and prayers my friend!
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Denise,

      I am depending on God for strength. I know He does not lead us down a path without giving us clear direction and light. He will work this somehow for something good, I know!

      Thank you for your loving prayers, they are so needed and appreciated~ God Bless~ Lisa

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete

A penny for your thoughts...
Sorry, no robots allowed...you don't have thoughts.

Translate