Tuesday, December 4, 2012

I am not a robot!

I have been told that several people have trouble with word verification on blogger lately.
I know I have. Apparently, the powers that be at google decided that it wasn't enough to make the letters illegible, but now they take fuzzy photos of obscure random numbers?  Sometimes it takes three or four attempts to get it right before I can post a comment.
Oh I understand the benefit of word verification, and I can imagine google is only trying to keep our blogs safe from a robot invasion....But lately I just wanna say please please please believe me...I am NOT a robot!
By the way, my heart goes out to those of you who are dyslexic...I feel like I understand you better.
The Big Bang Theory's Sheldon Cooper's personal robot
 
Okay...enough about that...for now. I had a very interesting morning. I sometimes have very vivid dreams, you know the kind where you think you are awake, but are actually still dreaming. Well, I dreampt that a fire was starting in the corner of the bedroom where I always put  one of the extra pillows, from off the bed at night. It was so vivd, that I actually got out of bed, yelled~ fire! (even though it was just me and the dogs here), and then I emptied a trash bin, put some water in it from the shower...and thank the Lord I woke up just before dumping the water onto the pillow in the corner of the bedroom!! I hope you are laughing...When I woke up stading in my room, holding a trashcan full of water, and realized nothing was on fire...I got the shakes so bad I had to sit down, and all I thought was ...Thank God I didn't call 911, or get me and the dogs outside...which is what I always thought I would do in such a situation.
 (except I'd call 911 from somewhere else)
When my husband called from work on his lunch break and I told him about my morning...he had a good laugh! Before we hung up he said...try not to burn the house down okay...to which I replied, Okay, but at least we know now that, if I do, I could put it out!
 
So I managed to get back to sleep, and when I woke up (for real this time) I was struck with the thought that there was much work to do today...I must pay the bills, marinate the meat for dinner, take out the trash (again,...LOL!) and many other things...my mind raced around before I even had a chance to get some coffee into my brain. and then I heard the Lord quietly tell me:  Yes, daughter...there is much work to be done...this thought continued as I read the current news about the middle east, and a few articles about end time prophecy... it is serious stuff, and can get people down sometimes...So the Lord awakened my spirit today, and after a bit of a blogging rest, I was led to write a post to (hopefully) make somebody laugh today!
This Holy season is a time to reflect on the Savior...the gift given in the form of a little child born in a lowly manger...That child would grow up to be the single biggest influence on people throughout the world....Sure, some might disagree about that statement..and a quick history search would name others along with Christ...but none of the others can change a person from a sinful dying man, into a righteous child of the Living God...to be made alive with christ for all eternity! None of the others promised to deliver their followers from death, and then actually sealed the deal by rising from the dead themselves! 
Only Jesus Christ the Son of God can do this!
 
 
Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved... Acts 4:12
 
 
 
"BEHOLD, THE VIRGIN SHALL BE WITH CHILD AND SHALL BEAR A SON, AND THEY SHALL CALL HIS NAME IMMANUEL," which translated means, "GOD WITH US." Mat. 1:23
 
Here is a good article explaining the name Immanuel, and how it relates to Jesus Christ :
 
 
 

 
~Have a blessed day~
 
& remember, we are...
 
~Never Forsaken~
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 

22 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa
    You did make me laugh tonight and that's what I needed! Glad all turned out well in your dreams. Have sweet dreams tonight.
    Blessings...Chelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chelle,
      Glad this gave you a laugh. I had an uneventful night's sleep...which is preferable :)

      ~God Bless~ Lisa

      Delete
  2. Hi Lisa,
    Thanks for the laugh :) I am glad it was only a dream.

    Amen! There is none like Jesus. No, not one.

    Sleep well and God bless,
    Ken

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ken,
      You're welcome, (for the laugh)
      I'm glad it was just a dream too!
      ~Jesus is awesome~ :D
      ~God bless~ Lisa

      Delete
  3. I laughed! I can just imagine you in your pj's running around the house with a trashcan of water LOL! No one like Jesus for sure! God bless!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen,
      Funny thing was I turned on the shower first...bypassed the trashcan in the bathroom, ran to the kitchen, emptied the bag from that trashcan, and ran back to the shower...That part made my daughter laugh the most, she knows that her mother never does things the easy way, Lol!
      Jesus Rocks & Rules! Amen

      Delete
  4. Hi Lisa,
    the part that spoke to me in your post was'daughter, there is much work to be done'. I was thinking today about how the world is in darkness and how the time may be short, and thinking about how the enemy is filled with fury because he knows his time is short. Your fire reminded me of the enemy trying to destroy, and the water reminded me of the word of God wirh which we can put out the enemy's fire.
    God bless you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brenda,

      I love that analogy...I think it makes perfect sense now. Once we look beyond the humor of the story, and see it for what it really is...God showing me that I must awake from slumber and be ready for action against the enemy, who threatens to destroy!
      I awoke this morning with a renewed desire to get into the Word of God, and then I came on here and read your comment...Thank you Brenda for hearing from God, and then sharing this with me today! God bless you too~ Lisa

      Delete
  5. Aww, good post .. you made me laugh too.. Thanks for sharing, just what I needed..Blessings, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Susie,

    I'm glad this made you laugh. Seems many of us need a good laugh lately.
    ~God Bless~ Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello dear Lisa! Glad it was all just a dream! Yes the End Times have been on my mind a lot since the UN voted to recognize Palestine. But it doesn't make me sad or upset because we know our Redemption is drawing near! Hope you have the very merriest of Christmases!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jane,
    Good to hear from you!
    Hoping you have a great Christmas too.
    Jeff and I will be down towards your way Tuesday as our oldest is having gallbladder surgery in Pt. Huron that day.
    ~God Bless~ Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well wishes for your oldest on a speedy recovery, Lisa!

      Delete
  9. Hope you are enjoying the Christmas season. Yes, there are many things going on that it seems like Christ may be coming soon..If so, come quickly. Our church had Kari Jobe do a concert at our church . She ie such a great worship leader and singer and it was nice to sing along and get in the CHristmas spirit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Peggy,
      Yes, there's nothing like some good music to get you into the spirit! Sounds like a nice time!
      ~have a great weekend~ Lisa

      Delete
  10. Ugh! totally understand about the verification for leaving cooments at some blogs. I too have to try at it 2 or 3 times! ... but , alas, I understand the need some fellow bloggers have needed this extra measure of security.

    Whoa!!! what a dream, and how vivid! ... thank goodness, truly, that you had not dialed 911 (yet), phew.

    I dream vividly too, I don't like it. Because often in the day time I find myself, not on purpose, remembering that dream vividly, and I have to remind myself that though it seems real as if I truly experienced it- it was a dream. sometimes it is haunting.

    I love your Christmas decorations!

    May you continue drawing ever so close to our Everlasting Father, and the Prince of Peace, letting the Holy Spirit Guide you through paths of righteousness,
    Deanna
    @
    www.http://theheartshunger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deanna,

      I know what you mean about not liking those vivid dreams!
      I was teasing my husband about signing up for a sleep study, I told him we can't have me running around the neighborhood trying to put out non existant fires!
      I guess some of us just have too much imagination which translates into our dream life.
      ~God bless~ Lisa

      Delete
  11. Thank you for putting a smile on my face. So needed. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi JBR,
      Always glad to put a smile on your face, hon! :D
      ~Blessings~ Lisa

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. A very vivid dream, yes, but just a dream~ Thank the Lord!%-0

      Delete

A penny for your thoughts...
Sorry, no robots allowed...you don't have thoughts.

Translate