Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Grace Among Thorns

And … there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to bruise me, lest I should be exalted above measure.
For this thing I sought the Lord three times, that it might be removed from me…

CIMG1469

And he said unto me

My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.
( 2 Corinthians 12:7-9)

The rose in the above picture just bloomed this week! What a surprise to see this vibrant red rose amongst all the dried out vines and leaves in the yard.
Had it bloomed a few weeks ago, when everything was so colorful, we may not have even noticed it…but now with everything so dull and colorless, this beauty really stands out.
Isn’t that how God’s grace is? I mean, when things seem at their bleakest, and all hope seems lost, we struggle with finding the joy and purpose in anything…and just when we are about to give up….that’s when God gives us more…More of His Holy Spirit, more of His love, more of His presence in our loneliness, more of His strength in our weakness!
Even though we are surrounded by a sinful world. Even when the enemy whispers in our ear, and we sin…God is nearby. His Spirit is ready to forgive us our sin and wash us clean again when we repent…This silences the enemy…The thorn is still there, but God’s grace is sufficient to cover over it again and again….

The enemy says….You are a sinner.

But, GOD says…

There is now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit….(Romans 8:1)

And the spirit itself bears witness with our spirit, that we are… the children of God.  (Romans 8:16)

And the children of God say…~Amen!~





23 comments:

Susie Swanson said...

Oh what a beautiful rose and the scriptures too..What makes it even more beautiful is it hanging alone after all others are gone.. Thanks for sharing, Susie

Never Forsaken said...

Hi Susie,

I had to email a picture to my daughter of the rose...she gave me that rosebush about 8 years ago for Mother's Day. My husband laughed because he thinks it is our goldfish 'Jaws' way of saying hello, since I buried him under the rose a couple years ago. (He was 5 yrs old, and nearly a foot long!)
I immediately thought of that scripture when I saw the thorny vine next to it (from another rosebush).
~God bless~ Lisa

Karen Kyle Ericson said...

Such a beautiful post : ) I love it. A single rose among thorns and branches. May God bless us to be the roses in this world. It needs it. Thanks Lisa!

wandelen met jesus said...

aleluyaaaaaaa...praise God! wonderful post...so are we just as the flower..we can bloom in the middel of all trials...cause we have Jesus in our hearts..thank you for this encouraging post..blessings friend

Brenda said...

Amen,
and praise the name of our lovely Lord Jesus who is the very reason that we are able to walk according to the Spirit while under Gods wonderful grace.

Never Forsaken said...

I like the thought of being a rose (showing the grace of Jesus), wherever we are planted in the world.
~God bless~ Lisa

Never Forsaken said...

Yes, Praise God!

~God bless~ Lisa

Never Forsaken said...

That's right, without Jesus' righteousness given to us through(grace), (our own righteousness is but filthy rags)!
~God bless~ Lisa

Ken said...

Hi Lisa,
I love what you say here! I have put a lot of thought into the fact the Lords strength is made perfect in my weakness lately. The enemy is always whispering lies into my ears. It is so important to hold on to the truth of scripture.
God bless,
Ken

Child of God said...

Hi Lisa,
How beautiful rose. What a nice surprise that must have been.

Isn't that just like God? To come in at last minute and provide? I find He does this to me all the time. :)

Blessings,
<><

Child of God said...

Lol! Spelling error...not how but What a

Sorry.

Never Forsaken said...

Hi Ken,
Yes, scripture is the only way to effectively fight against the enemy's lies and tricks.

Never Forsaken said...

LOL! No need to apologize...somebody is always rearranging the keys on my keyboard too ;)

Peggy said...

Amen! What a lovely post! More of God! That's what I need for sure!

Peggy said...

In my opinion there is nothing more beautiful than a red bird-or red rose-outside my window on a winters day. I like the pictures on your new blog.

Never Forsaken said...

Hi Peggy,

The color red is such a contrast to the white of snow, I love seeing cardinals in the winter too...there are red berries on one of our bushes also that look beautiful in winter.
We also have the red berries of the wintergreen growing in the wild here...they taste so good too!
God bless~ Lisa

Susie Swanson said...

It may be your gold fish jaws..lol Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. ~ :)

Never Forsaken said...

LoL!
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family too Susie!
~God Bless~

Connie Arnold said...

Your post is as beautiful as the rose. Bless you!

Never Forsaken said...

Hi Connie,

Awe, your kind words made me smile...thank you so much!
~God Bless, & Happy Thanksgiving!~ Lisa ~

Deanna said...

What a beautiful blog here ... and I love the wintery background.

Oh my this post!
Some of what you wrote made me remember what I wrote on my Thanks giving side bar for the 18th of this month.

Enjoying your blog.
Happy Thanks Giving & God Bless!!
Deanna @ http://theheartshunger.blogspot.com

P.S. -breath taking red rose!!

Never Forsaken said...

Hi Deanna,

Thank you for the compliment! That rose is blooming even bigger...which is quite amazing since i live in Northern Michigan...and I've never been good with roses either!
God gave me that rose just when I needed it.
I look forward to visiting your blog...I will be sure to leave you a comment, thank you for yours :)
~God Bless~ Lisa

Ken said...

Hi Lisa,
Stopping by to wish you and your family a happy and blessed Thanksgiving.
In Christ,
Ken

So do not fear,  for I am with you;      do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen  you and help  you;      I will uphold ...