My Cancer Blog

Saturday, November 10, 2012

The Right Attitude

Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God... Romans 13:1
 
It's been a few days now since the United States Presidential election.
Since the results were revealed early Wednesday morning, I have read pretty much the same kind of posts on many Christian blogs and other media concerning the outcome. Everyone is expressing their feelings of impending doom, fears of further econimic breakdown, and the continuation of social and moral decline. There is definately a dark cloud of oppression hanging over our heads, it would seem.
 Christians are really upset, some are scared, some are angry, and some just don't seem to know how to describe exactly what they are feeling. The latter would be where I best fit into....That is why I did not intend to post anything at all directly, or indirectly, about the election, before or after, that is, until I came across this following article...It is a good and honest example of what our attitude as a Christian should be in regards to the subject...
 
Please read:

Dear President Obama,


Read more at http://www.christianpost.com/news/letter-to-president-obama-from-a-christian-jazz-musician-84652/#1eAO0RcP0sIxAGvL.99

 

6 comments:

wandelen met jesus said...

amen...thats right! im on a blog break january will be back please bear with me..will be a new start...by the way your blog is lovely! blessings soraya

Never Forsaken said...

Hi Soraya,
I will miss you while you are away. Sometimes it is good to take a break, and get a new, fresh start.
I'm glad you like the chaanges.
~God bless, Lisa~

Brenda said...

I don't think that I really worry about what goes on in the government because, as a Christian, I trust in the Lord for my welfare, and we are told that He will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is stayed upon Him, because he trusts in Him.

Child of God said...

What a well written letter. I believe God is doing a mighty work here and He is dividing those who belong to Him and those who do not.

Praying for your president.

Blessings,
<><

Never Forsaken said...

Hi Brenda,

You are very right...The Lord has us firmly in His hand...and all government is upon His shoulders. I will be obedient to the Lord, and pray more for the president and officials, but ultimately history will play out according to the way that God has written it. In praying for them, we fulfill our responsibility towards God concerning our nation.
Thanks for an insightful comment...sometimes we need all the encouragment we can get these days!
~God Bless~ Lisa

Never Forsaken said...

Thanks for praying, Child of God,
And I will be praying for your nation as well...we are such close neighbors. My husband, as a member of the Sarnia Chippewa First Nation, has dual citizenship. His family heritage runs pretty deep there. I posted a bit about that a while ago.

God is working, and it is getting quite exciting to see so many believer's being strengthened in their faith!

~God Bless~ Lisa

Happy? But..I have cancer!

    Are you happy?           Before you jump to an answer for this age-old question..let me ask something else first: Are you angr...