Friday, October 28, 2011

The Living Dead / A repost- from many moons ago

  We do not celebrate halloween. We do however, celebrate each new day because: "This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it." (Psalm 118:24)


My husband , for some weird reason, has been hooked on zombie movies ever since the old (original) black & white version of 'Night of the Living Dead'.  I personally believe that if you've seen one, you've seen them all. Well, here's my version of a zombie story:

Have you noticed how many movies are made about zombies? We find the creatures ugly and repulsive, a contradiction in and of itself. (the walking dead or living dead) The thought of them conjures up images of ghastly creatures mindlessly walking around in ragged clothes stinking up the place, looking for someone to devour.(Gal.5:15) This is how we looked to God before we were changed into the image of His Son. Isaiah 64:6 says it like this: But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags..
We may think that our good deeds make us beautiful and ,well [good]; but unless we are clothed with the righteousness of Christ, God sees us quite differently. for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ.” (Galatians 3:27)). In this text, the word "clothed" is translated from [endunw-enduno], and properly means to envelop in, to hide in, and to put on something. The word “clothed” has been defined "to become so possessed of the mind of Christ as in thought, feeling, and action to resemble him and, as it were, reproduce the life he lived." –Joseph Henry Thayer
Jesus at one point tells one of the disciples to Let the dead bury the dead” (Mat.8:22)
Thankfully we were given a new identity, a new life when we accepted Jesus. We can now say “I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God who loved me, and gave himself for me.” (Gal.2:20)
When we get dressed in the morning, we do not desire to dig through the hamper and pull out the dirty clothes that we wore days ago, but when we turn back to our 'old ways' from our old life before we knew the Lord, we are putting on the smelly old clothing of our [old man] who was dead and buried. Instead let us daily stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and not be entangled again with the yoke of bondage. (Gal.5:1)
  • What's your favorite movie? Why?
  • If the book of Revelation was made into a movie (a realistic one) do you think a lot of people would get saved after watching it?
  • Did you get saved after reading the book of Revelation in the Bible? (I did!)

~God Bless & keep you safe this halloween season~  

9 comments:

  1. Great post! His blood has washed away the stains of sin, and now we are clothed in His righteousness.
    May God bless you and your ministry!
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa ~ Great post. I too don't like Halloween.
    I like the analogy you use of digging through the hamper and putting on dirty clothes. That is so good! My old life was down right stinky. I thank the Lord that He has brought me out of it! I will say it again...Great post!!
    Thanks for stopping by mine with your comment and verses. I so appreciate them and you.
    God bless you today...Chelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Laurie,
    What a great laundry service and much needed!
    I always learn something from your weekly Bible study. Thank you for remaining faithful with it.

    ~God Bless~

    I so appreciate you too Chelle! you are a true lantern carrier in a time of much darkness!

    ~Have a wonderful weeekend & God bless~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked reading this post! Thank you!

    Here is a verse that I really like:

    "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." 2 Corinthians 5:17 (King James Version)

    God bless!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great post Lisa! My husband likes the suspense-thriller movies. It's hard for me to sit through them. Your words are very comforting in knowing we aren't zombies- we're new creations : ) Great post! As far as Halloween, we pass out candy to the kids that come by- but that's about it. My husband wears a funny costume to the Nursing Home he works in each year, and the residents love it. I like the harvest theme best and fun ideas that don't point to the dark side.

    1 My favorite movie is Beauty and the Beast- I love to see Belle come alive and the beauty in the beast revealed.

    2 Revelation movie? The Left Behind Series were great movies. With great actors but for some reason they stopped making them to my knowledge. They were all about Revelation. I saw how it could all be possible and my husband got pulled into Christianity more. I think people would get saved if they kept going with them.

    3 That's so cool you got saved after reading Revelation! The Lord sent several Christians to speak to me and I finally got saved in Utah at a Southern Baptist revival. I read through Revelation last year and really loved it.

    God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do not care for Halloween either. I must admit I used love scary zombie movies when I was younger. Then they started making them toooooo realistic and gross and since now I am a Christian I do not need that kind of 'crap' in my life. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praise God that He removes our filthy rags and replaces them with robes of righteousness. Your powerful post reminded me of this. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy to be back to reading your posts my friend. First, thanks for your thoughts, prayers, and comment during the recent passing of my mom. This post ask three important questions. here are my answers.
    I don't have a favorite movie
    I believe people would respond to a realistic movie about the book of Revelation, but the Gospel plays the most significant part in salvation.
    I didn't get saved after reading revelation, but i has played an important part in my spiritual growth.
    Thank God for Jesus! He washes us white as snow and gives us a robe of white, though our sins be a crimson. Great Post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lon,
    That is one of my favorite verses. It reminds me that I am someone completely different than I used to be..kinda like how a caterpillar becomes a butterfly!
    ~God Bless You~

    Hi Karen,

    OY! (slaps forehead :) I forgot about the left behind movies; I don't know why they quit making them. I read a few of the books and the 'Glorious Appearing' was wonderful, and easy to imagine as how it may be when we see Jesus face to face..but I'm sure that doesn't even come close to what He has in store for us!
    ~God Bless You~

    Hi JBR,

    I agree with you about the gooriness (sp?) It seems like the art of true suspense like in the old black and white has been replaced with gore now a days.
    ~God Bless You~

    Hi Peggy,
    I hope you had a wonderful anniversary. Sometimes I get reminders of important truths and just need to share. So glad God works on all His children, and He has no favorites!
    ~God Bless You~

    Hi Anita,
    I am so thankful to hear from you and you are still in my prayers! It is very hard to lose your mom, even tho we know she is in glory. Feel free to email me if you need a shoulder my friend.
    I'm not much of a tv watcher, I prefer to stare at a computer screen where I have more control over what I see/read and can engage my mind and spirit interacting with real people.

    Yes, thank God for Jesus, without whom we would all remain spiritually dead.
    ~God Bless You~

    P.S.: sorry I took so long to respond to your comments, I had a PC issue- now resolved.

    ReplyDelete

A penny for your thoughts...
Sorry, no robots allowed...you don't have thoughts.

Translate