My Cancer Blog

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The Church


Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the
Spirit of God dwelleth in you? (1 Corinthians 3:16 )

Thus says the LORD: "Heaven is my throne and the earth is my footstool; what is the house which you would build for me, and what is the place of my rest? All these things my hand has made, and so all these things are mine, says the LORD. But this is the man to whom I will look, he that is humble and contrite in spirit, and trembles at my word." (Isaiah 66:1)

"Am I a God at hand, says the LORD, and not a God afar off? Can a man hide himself in secret places so that I cannot see him? says the LORD. Do I not fill heaven and earth? says the LORD. (Jeremiah 23:23, 24)

Jesus is the head of the Church:

The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For in him all things were created: the things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. ( Colossians 15-18)

The Church is made up of the(body) of true believers in Jesus Christ:

"So we who are many, are one body in Christ, and individually members one of another."  (Romans 12:5)


  "For the equipping of the saints for the work of service, to the building up of the body of Christ." (Eph. 4:12)




God Bless~ & remember... We are....
Never Forsaken













11 comments:

Karen Kyle Ericson said...

I love architecture- especially Churches. This is a great post! I agree Jesus only has one body and that includes all people from all denominations who choose Him as Lord. God bless!

Never Forsaken said...

Hi Karen,

I grew up where there were old victorian mansions and homes built in the late eighteenth/early ninteenth centuries in a port city where the streets were red brick and lanterned. (Port Huron has been trying to recapture it's charm of the past). My sister used to work in a bank that looked like the Washington monument in architectural style. Now we live in a naturally beautiful place, but the town is mostly ugly pole buildings, there's nothing of interest (man-made) here. So whenever we go somewhere I look for those beautiful buildings and ships and bridges too!

~God Bless~

Peggy said...

Thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures of churches. I also love old churches and like to paint pictures of them sometimes. They are sacred and holy yet can be common and messy, just like Jesus' human church made up of us believers.

Never Forsaken said...

Hi Peggy,
That's a good point, I never thought of it that way.
~God Bless~

JT said...

Beautiful pictures. God bless you.

Denise said...

Lovely pictures and scripture! I always have to stop and capture the beauty of different and unique old churches too; the authentic architecture is captivating! I agree; there is a spirit lo love and adoration in each and every building. :)

Blessings and hugs; have a wonderful weekend! :)
Denise

Never Forsaken said...

Hi JT'
Thank You & God bless you too.

Hi Denise,
Thank you.
Have a blessed weekend!

Ron aka TheOldGeezer said...

I love old churches too. Your photos are fantastic! :-)

God bless and have a wonderful week :-)

*The Old Geezer Blog

Never Forsaken said...

Hi Ron,
Thanks
BTW: I really like the new look of your blog!
~God Bless~

Reformed rebel said...

Hi Lisa ~ I too love the old churches. Beautiful pictures.
Blessings...Chelle

Never Forsaken said...

Hi Chelle,
They are so interesting.
Glad you like the pictures.
~God Bless~

So do not fear,  for I am with you;      do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen  you and help  you;      I will uphold ...