My Cancer Blog

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Autumn Is Ablaze!

                                            On Fire?
This is the same tree featured in last week's blog post...
What a difference a week makes!


Having some fun with the dogs and a giant oak...
Buddy takes a closer look..
I wonder what a coon-hound could possibly be looking for in a tree?

Sasha taking a little break, sits on the foot of the tree..
She likes to sit on everybody's feet.

 A Golden Land

(The same oak the dogs were at)



Nothing Gold Can Stay
Robert Frost (1923)
Nature’s first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf’s a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.


I cried over beautiful things knowing no beautiful thing lasts.
Carl Sandburg Autumn Movement, (1918)



 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. 

1 Corinthians 2:9




I can only imagine that someday in Heaven we
will look back and reflect upon this time of golden autumn as
dreary as the grayest day of November..In comparison.

~Loving Peace and Blessings In Jesus~

Never Forsaken




6 comments:

Karen Kyle Ericson said...

Such a beautiful post! The photos are so well done. I agree, Heaven will be so amazing compared to what we see here. And, we'll have all our questions answered. Like why did this happen? Or why did You do it that way? It will all make total sense and I bet we won't even need to ask. Sometimes I'm amazed at how little we really know from earth. Yet we trust in God- His Holy Spirit helps us understand. That's a miracle in itself. 1 Corinthians 13:12
12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
NIV

Child of God said...

Beautiful pictures!
Heaven will be amazing. I am sure there will be a different variety of colours than we have now.

Thanks for sharing,
<><

Peggy said...

Thanks for the beautiful pictures of autumn. It's my favorite season. The leaves are beginning to turn where I live and it's gorgeous. Indeed, God is good to prepare such beauty for us to enjoy!

Never Forsaken said...

Hi Karen,
Thank you for the compliment (photography)....that means a lot coming from you! I like that idea of being given the answers without our even needing to ask the questions!

HI C.O.G,
I have often tried to imagine what kind of colors there will be in heaven, but I guess it's kinda like a blind person trying to imagine the colors here on earth having no reference to go by!..We know the Creator, so we do know it will be amazing!

Hi Peggy,
You are welcome dear,
Amen,God gives us so much to make our lives beautiful and enjoyable! Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning.
(James 1:17 NKJV)

~Golden Blessings In Jesus~

lioneagle said...

Hi Never Forsaken -

I especially love that first photo and the one with your dog sitting at the foot of the tree.

Thank you for sharing.

Never Forsaken said...

Hi lioneagle,

Yep, she really will sit on anyone or anything that stays still long enough! What a joy the Lord brings to us!

~God Bless You~

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUD!

HAPPY 8TH B-DAY, BUD! I think he's had too many birthday cookies already today!