Wednesday, October 28, 2015

A Summary

 
 
It's a chilly rainy day here in Northern Michigan, a good day to stay home and blog. The photo above was taken last month while camping at Reedsburg Dam in Houghton Lake.
It was supposed to be a four day or more camping trip, but it rained all that week so we came home early...and now we are getting ready to wrap up the camper for the winter, but may take it out for one more trip first...and it is raining. But, with what folks just went through from the hurricane down south...I'm not going to complain about a little rain here!
It's funny how I can get all sorts of ideas to blog about, but when I sit here in front of the screen with the curser blinking on the page...I can't think of anything!
So...Here's a few photos that were taken through the summer...Kinda like a 'summary of the summer' lol!
Enjoy!
*(just click on them to see bigger)*


Beautiful spring sunset





A bored Buddy...C'mon, Mom n Dad...I'm tired of doing puzzles!

Sunrise over the Saginaw Bay

Probably the biggest thing that happened to us this year is that WE SAW A BEAR!

Our home away from home








 

This pup's got the right idea...Camping = relaxing

 
This is not Buddy...He is a pup we rescued from the middle of a busy road and kept him for a weekend until his owner was found...His name is Moose...and we absolutely adored him and would have kept him forever!
 

 

This is the first baby cardinal I've ever seen. There was a nest next to our bedroom window. I felt honored that the parents trusted us enough to place their nest there

An inquisitive little calf

Sasha and Bud exploring
A busy little beaver

Not the best picture, but I like how this hummingbird looks kind of ghostly

 
 
 ~Blessings & Love~
and always remember, we are...
 
~NEVER FORSAKEN~

20 comments:

Sandi said...

I grew up in Lexington (on the thumb), so seeing these brings back happy memories. The bear reminds of the Sleeping Bear sand dunes up north!

Denise said...

such awesome pictures.

Reformed rebel said...

Love seeing your pictures.

samantha said...

I love that you are blogging again. I know I don't call everyday but I do check your blog to see if you have written anything. I miss hiking with you and looking at the leaves change colors. I don't miss the raking though �� I love and miss you! P.s I love the living room!!

Brenda said...

Lisa, you make me laugh.
You say that you are sitting in front of your screen and can't think of anything to blog about. Then you put up the most beautiful pictures with each one telling a story through the comments you have beneath them.
I love Buddy, and all the other animals, and the little pup that you rescued shows the love that you have for animals, as I have too.
Your camper is definitely a nice home from home Lisa and you are very blessed to be able to have holidays in some beautiful places. How beautiful is God's creation eh?

God bless you Lisa.

Jane said...

Today we got the rain, Lisa. Good day to sit by the fire. Looks like there should be some good camping weather next week. Got to admit that the weather has been pretty mild for Michigan!

Hugs
Jane

Jerry E Beuterbaugh said...

My Heart's Home has been included in our Sites To See #456. Be assured that we hope this helps to point many new visitors in your direction.

http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2015/10/sites-to-see-456.html

Never Forsaken said...

Thank you very much, Jerry...I am honored to be included on your blog!
God bless~Lisa

Never Forsaken said...

Today is very sunny and mild...Yes, it is usually snowing by now! We are in a snow belt here.
We are unable to go camping though because my husband is working as sub foreman this week so that his boss can go bow hunting...He usually gets us a deer or two...We just buy the tags.

Never Forsaken said...

I love making people laugh...and according to the women in my Bible study...Its a gift, lol!
We will likely have to wait until next year to go camping again as my husband has to work this week now...I know I shall look at these pictures throughout the winter months and sigh...But, the snow brings some fun with the dogs playing in it...so we have that to look forward to now!
God's creation is so awesome...but what's to come is beyond words!!
Blessings and love to you, dear Brenda

Never Forsaken said...

I sent you an email, my dear...I love and miss you too...and you are right about not missing the raking...your dad and I are planning to take out a few more trees this next year or so. Hopefully the sunshine and open skies will make it brighter and with better wifi reception!
Love you ♥MoM♥

Never Forsaken said...

I'm so glad, Chelle..I hope to share a few more soon!

Never Forsaken said...

Glad you enjoyed them!

Never Forsaken said...

Love the sand dunes!
As you may know, I also grew up in the thumb region (Port Huron).

Connie Arnold said...

Thanks for sharing all the photos, Lisa. It's nice to have a touch of summer on this cool fall day!

Never Forsaken said...

You are very welcome, Connie!
Have a great weekend...God bless

Sharon said...

Lisa, you take lovely photos. I so enjoyed perusing your blog *scrapbook* - delightful times!

GOD BLESS!

Never Forsaken said...

Awe, Thanks, Sharon!
Blog scrapbook...I like that.
Yes, there were lots of good times this past year!
Blessings and love~ Lisa

Jedidja said...

I love your photos. It makes my world larger :-)

Never Forsaken said...

Awe, thanks...So happy you like the photos!

So do not fear,  for I am with you;      do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen  you and help  you;      I will uphold ...