My Cancer Blog

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

AdVentures in my Venture van...

I was late for Bible study last week because I kept pulling over to take pictures on my way to the church...


 
These two are normally always side by side whenever I pass by them. This was the first time I seen them apart. If they were standing together it would be obvious that the one in the second picture is actually a tiny pony! I see these two twice a week on my way to church and Bible study.


 

This trail seemed to beckon to me...Sigh, I cannot follow it on foot anymore, so I must be content to view it from my van.
 
On our way home from dinner Friday evening...

 
Love the vibrant splashes of yellow in the sky

 
...And in the trees!
 
Autumn is indeed in full color here in Northern Michigan, and I am trying to soak it all up before it is gone. I have been very busy de-cluttering the house this week in preparation for an appraisal because we are in the process of refinancing our mortgage! At one point I had to call my best friend Deb to pray for me to be able to continue the job as the chilly fall weather has settled into my bones, and the arthritis has been nearly unbearable!
Well, her prayer really helped...Thank the Lord! I was able to press through and get the last room finished...it was the room where everything seems to get dumped into, but it is very neat and tidy now. After clearing out so much clutter from this house (mostly decorative objects) I am determined to keep it clutter free. I have better things to do in my spare time than to constantly clean, maintain, and rearrange stuff...Life is just too short. I am making more room(and time) for the people and activities that I enjoy instead :-D 
 
I pray you are being blessed with time spent doing what you enjoy with the people you love!
 
Whoever loves money never has enough;
    whoever loves wealth is never satisfied with their income.
    This too is meaningless.
11 As goods increase,
    so do those who consume them.
And what benefit are they to the owners
    except to feast their eyes on them?  Ecclesiastes 5:10-11
 
~Blessings & Love~
and always remember, we are...
 
~NEVER FORSAKEN~
 

8 comments:

Crown of Beauty said...

It is early morning as I post this comment. Just wanted to say how lovely the pictures that you took are, and how they have nourished my spirit just looking at them. I was in the East Coast at this time two years ago, and how I long to be back there again. I often think that heaven must be a truly awesome place because I am sure that all these beautiful scenes we see here on earth are MERE SHADOWS of the glory that is waiting for us. I am also in the process of decluttering my home, but really slowly. Ridding it of 30 years of accumulated stuff most of which I am reluctant to part with, but they really have to go. I agree with you that clutter has a way of weighing us down, and so we need to bite the bullet and just let them all go sooner or later. But the sooner the better. Someone also said that the enemy of our souls has a way of making us emotionally chained to our past, so that we do not have room in our lives and hearts for the new things God wants to give us! Have a wonderful day, dear Lisa. I enjoyed reading this post, and the one before it - when we don't have all the answers... it's really OK. God knows. Much love, Lidia

Never Forsaken said...

hello, Dear Lidia, I am in full agreement with your sentiment that this is just a mere shadow of the glory to come! I am in awe of our Creator every single day, even in the dullness of winter time when the snow seems to wash out all other color...I know that it is a necessity that fits with all the other seasons, and I have actually been able to find more and more beauty in it as I get older.
It has been 22 years of stuff to go through here...I wish my children wanted more of it...but they have different tastes than I used to (when I accumulated it all)...My own taste has become much more simple now. God does have so much for us ...the best is yet to come!
((Hugs across the miles))~Lisa

Denise said...

such beautiful pictures, thanks for sharing. I am praying for you, and loving you

Never Forsaken said...

You are very welcome, my sweet friend! Thank you for your prayers and your love...You know that you have the same from me as well.♥

Susie Swanson said...

Oh Wow, what beautiful pictures and color. Thanks for sharing. Sending up lots of prayers and love. xo

Never Forsaken said...

Thank you, for your prayers, Susie...and I am always happy to share pictures of God's awesome creation ;-)
Many blessings, hugs and prayers being sent your way!

Jedidja said...

The nature is so Beautiful in autumn.

Never Forsaken said...

It is at its very best in autumn!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUD!

HAPPY 8TH B-DAY, BUD! I think he's had too many birthday cookies already today!