My Cancer Blog

Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Re-cluttered

This photo has nothing at all to do with my post. I just wanted to show off my new haircut!
It's my second hair cut since my hair grew back, and I am blessed to have a friend from
church who is a licensed beautician that cuts it for me.


*NOTE*
I have hidden three words within this text, these words are from three other blogs that I enjoy reading...Can you find them, and recognize if they are from your own blog post, or a blog post you have read recently?

Life is ever changing.
Once again I am laughing at myself!
It's Ok...I'm actually laughing with me, not at me, lol!
I did an earlier post where I was very excited about the idea of de-cluttering my home, but once again I had forgotten that I am not the only inhabitant of this home, and the sparser environment is not necessarily favored by the other.
Having said that, I will now attempt to explain why I think we humans tend to want to change our environs from time to time...
We may feel the lack of control over things that are happening in our lives. I have noticed in my own life when things are not going as planned or I am at a low point, I want to take action, some action, ANY action in order to feel like I have some control over SOMETHING.
So, I start rearranging the tangible things in my home...the things I can put my hands on. The truth is, the things that I constantly rearrange, are not what is bothering me. The fact that I have two, three, or five throw pillows on the sofa is not the issue...The problem is that I sense there needs to be some change in my life, but I am not trusting God to take care of the details. I am not willing to patiently wait for the answers, or to accept that sometimes I may never know what the answer is to why things are the way they are.
So, I turn to the one thing I THINK I can accomplish on my own...CHANGE the furniture, the décor!
Well, I'm not saying that is wrong in and of itself, not if we are doing this in order to clean things up, or make room for something new, but if it becomes a nearly daily thing...Well, then something is not right! And that is where I am now. I have literally worn myself out, and worn out my poor husband's patience in the process!
 The truth of the matter is, I cannot affect the change that I want, that I am seeking, by changing my exterior world...I must decide that only God has any real control in my life, and I must be patient and willing to listen and hear from the Holy Spirit on what gives my life meaning, and what I must work at in order to "accomplish" anything worthwhile....And...
I mustn't stay busy tinkering around with unnecessary distractions all the time, I MUST get busy with the things that the Lord is putting on my heart; things like Bible study, listening to the Word, and to good Christian music, listening to the elder Christians who are wiser...gleaning from their godly counsel the things The Lord wants me to learn....I must learn prudence!
 Looking around on the internet, I see clearly that it's not just me. It's actually quite a trend lately...Just Google the word 'De-clutter' and you will see many websites and many books or items being sold on the subject. Another key word is 'minimalism'...The idea is that by emptying our environment of clutter, the clearer our minds become...only this can be taken to the extreme when the goal is to rid your house of most of your possessions, many of which are actually necessary items, items like furniture...a bed for instance. Well, I suppose some people don't need a bed, but most of us do. The point I'm trying to make is that there are folks out there making money by trying to sell us an idea that living in a bare room somehow makes us mentally or spiritually healthy. This is just another way of replacing a relationship with Jesus with some type of religion or spirituality. The scary thing is...I have seen this in some Christians, myself included!
 The Lord doesn't want me to abandon my domestic responsibilities, but He is showing me that I must learn contentment, and temperance when it comes to my home and that begins within my spirit...not on the outside environment. It is within that He wants to change and rearrange in order to make me more mentally and spiritually healthy.
 My body has grown weak, too weak to rearrange the furniture, but I am growing stronger spiritually in Jesus...for He alone is my strength.
So whether my home is cluttered, or bare...My mind is full of treasure from the Lord, and my heart is content to be under His control

Not that I speak from want, for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am. I know how to get along with humble means, and I also know how to live in prosperity; in any and every circumstance I have learned the secret of being filled and going hungry, both of having abundance and suffering need. I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.…
Phil.4:11-13

*The words are:  "tinkering" from 'Sharon Sharing God', "strength" from 'Lighthouse Vision" and "prudence" from 'Crown of Beauty'!
Thank you, ladies for your inspiring posts this week!
(All of these gorgeous blogs can be found on my blog roll below)

 ~Blessings & Love~
and always remember, we are...

~NEVER FORSAKEN~
 

18 comments:

Jane said...

Hi Lisa! I like your new haircut. I'm thinking about getting bangs to cover up the wrinkles on my forehead.

Wonderful post. I never thought about this de-cluttering fad a sort of new age religion, but I guess you are right in the way you explain it. Very insightful.. Thanks for the food for thought!

Hugs
Jane

Brenda said...

Lisa, I love your hair and you look amazing. Your post is so encouraging and 'Yes' we can do all things in Christ Jesus who strengthens us. I love the strength that comes from interacting with other of God's children, for where two or three are gathered together in Jesus' name, there He is in the midst of us, and if God is for us who can be against us. He is not a man that He should lie.

There is a power in scripture that is above all other powers, and that word has the ability to bring into existence that which does not exist.

Lisa, once I focus on the word of the Lord, the scriptures just pile into my mind. You are absolutely right.
WE ARE NEVER FORSAKEN.

God bless you Lisa.

Never Forsaken said...

I am reminded of the scripture that says: As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.
I can certainly relate to the way when I focus on scripture, on Jesus and His strength and power and love for me, my thoughts and my focus are centered and clear...I can then be certain that I can do all things according to His will for my life and with the Holy Spirit as my guide, power and strength!
So glad that God will not forsake us...He is faithful, and we should be also.
♥God bless you too, my friend!♥

Never Forsaken said...

I forgot to say "thank you!" for the nice compliment. :-)

Never Forsaken said...

Hi Jane,
Yes it does seem to be heavily tied in with the 'new age' religion. It is quite subtle at first, such things usually are. Of course most people who de-clutter or live in a minimalist home are not practicing a form of new age spiritualism...but many of the websites about this topic are promoting exactly that.. Another key word is Feng shui. It is more than just about decorating.
Thank you very much for the compliment on my hair...I am getting excited that it is finally starting to lose some of the curl...my friend is very careful to cut it in such a way that it is not as wildly curly as it was...though some curl is nice to have.
♥hugs♥

Brenda said...

Lisa,
here I am again.
I was in the lounge watching the tv and I was thinking of how lovely it is to interact with other believers on the blogs, and how the Lord has spoken to us . I felt led to open my Bible and opened to these verses which I had underlined.
Psalm 91 vs, 14 - 16:-
'Because he cleaves to me in love; I will protect him, because he knows my name. When he calls to me, I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will rescue him and honour him, With long life I will satisfy him, and show him my salvation.
What a beautiful promise to us, and we cleave to Him in love.

Susie Swanson said...

Love your new hair cut and that's something I need so bad. I love this post and really need to De-clutter alot.. This post has really inspired me and I thank you so much for the reminders. May God continue to Bless you sweet friend.

Denise said...

I love you dear, your hair looks beautiful.

Jedidja said...

I like your hair cut! Very nice. (And I love your post)

Never Forsaken said...

That is a wonderful promise! This is exactly what I find I am desiring more and more in my life...to cleave to him in love, to grow closer to Jesus, so close that I immediately know how to respond to every circumstance that comes along!
I especially need to have Him rescue me from time to time!
Thank you for coming back on here to share this wisdom with me, Brenda...As iron sharpens iron!

Never Forsaken said...

Thank you my dear friend!
I am blessed that this has inspired you! ((hugs))

Never Forsaken said...

I love you also...Thanks♥

Never Forsaken said...

Thank you, sweet friend...So glad you enjoyed the post!

Crown of Beauty said...

Dear friend, your hair looks lovely. To think that this is already your second haircut since... reading that made me teary eyed. And this post! I could have written it myself, really. You just took the words out of my mouth, cause the sentiments you shared are the same sentiments I have in my heart. And so as I read the lines of your post, I felt so liberated - for the decluttering process that I have been going through for years. Yes, for years... and I have barely scratched the surface. Being alone at home now, with my three grown children all living their own lives separate from me, and my dear husband now in heaven for seven years, they have all left me a houseful of memories. Much of them I have already given away, discarded one way or the other. But 30 plus years of life is not so easily thrown away. Your post just set me free from a heavy sense of ought to do, got to do, must do, should do. While day by day the list to things needing to be done also doesn't get any shorter. (And I live alone!) Thank you, Lisa for sharing your heart on this post. Some days, a blog post stands out and really speaks truth to my heart. Yours did today. I saw the pictures you posted under In Summary - some time ago. But I wasn't logged on to blogger, so I couldn't comment then. You take such beautiful photos! And the piece of history about the ship that sunk so close to shore. It gripped my heart. Wow, I would love to see that favorite spot of yours. Must be really beautiful on a cool autumn morning or evening. (But not when there is a storm blowing.) I am glad that my prudence post inspired you somehow, friend. Well... gotta go now. I have a few blog posts in the writing. Hopefully I will be able to finish one or two this week. Much love, Lidia

Never Forsaken said...

Hi Lidia,
I'm so glad that you felt inspired from my words!
I know just how liberating it can be to let go of the positions we hold, the traps we set for ourselves. Life is short here on planet earth, and time is something that is truly a gift given by The Father to be used in pursuit of knowing and serving Him...yet I find myself spending far too much of it evaluating the 'things' around me...where to put things, how to display things, what to keep etc...and I should be studying, I should be praying! So many prayer requests are coming in these days, enough to keep me on my spiritual knees for hours sometimes!
Jeff and I want only to have our home comfortable enough for our needs and lifestyle...That may not look like a picture from a magazine, but our homes must serve our purposes according to what God is calling us to...This is the true meaning of contentment.
I thank you, dear Lidia for being a great example and inspiration to me!
((hugs))
Lisa

Sharon said...

I'm not sure how I missed this one, Lisa - must have been too busy tinkering!! HA! First of all, how thoughtful of you to mention my blog post. I'm glad it spoke to you. So very often I write what God is talking to me about (more often than not, convicting me), and if it blesses others, well then, I'm doubly blessed. This whole issue of tinkering is a tough one for me. I want to *fix* things so much, and I can get myself in a real tizzy over it all. As for the de-cluttering, that is so NOT me. I am the packrat, and my hubby is the *sparser* spouse. There's great lessons, though, in looking around at our *stuff* - lessons on contentment, and not being owned by our possessions, and laying up true treasures in heaven. One last thing - though I will never be a minimalist, I do know the only One who can fill up our empty places!!

I am always so blessed when I visit you. You always make me think.

GOD BLESS!

Sharon said...

Oh, and I LOVE the haircut!! So cute...

Never Forsaken said...

Thank you, Sharon!
I have heard that if the devil can't make you bad, he can keep you busy...so there is how the tinkering comes in sometimes (but not always, since things do need to be tinkered with occasionally).
Yep, I will never be a minimalist either...its time to face the facts, we have stuff around us that makes us feel comfortable if only for the memories they preserve. And the older I get, well...the more help I need with memory, lol!
Glad I make you think...sometimes I can't come up with a post of my own until I read someone else's post.
God bless!

So do not fear,  for I am with you;      do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen  you and help  you;      I will uphold ...