Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Foggy thoughts



Should I blog when I have such a bad headache? Probably not.

The fog outside my kitchen window reflects my current mood quite perfectly today.

Should I blog when I am in such a mood? Probably not.

But then...I was reminded to praise Him. Should I praise Him while feeling so down?
ABSOLUTELY!

Should I blog about it? How can I not blog about it...

 God is the same no matter how we feel. We are to praise Him as long as we are able to!

 If I only share my good days, then people might think I am only praising my Jesus when things are going well, and what would that say about my Christian walk? It would say I am a phoney who only wants to share the sun, but who doesn't understand the 'Son' that is the true light of the world. Our source of true HOPE and JOY!
So I am sitting here in the recliner, yelling at Buddy to 'be quiet!' as he wants to do his hound dog singing.
 (doesn't he know I have a headache?)
Meanwhile, I am listening to the labored breathing of my elderly chihuahua, Emma who may be living out the last of her days upon this earth. I am also worried, I am NOT worried about an elderly Christian friend whom has been a mentor for almost two decades, as she is in the hospital with heart problems. I am not worried, because if the Lord chooses to take her home at this time or not,
 (either way) I will know she is a faithful woman of God, and her life stands as a testimony to that. One can not achieve higher success than that!

I had plans to visit another dear friend today to teach her to blog. She canceled at the last minute, but I can see how that turned out for the best now. When she canceled last night, I made plans to do some de-cluttering and cleaning around the house today instead...that is not going to happen, and I find my frustration growing.
The Lord is telling me that it is good to sit at the feet of the Savior, and I am forced to quell the Martha side of me today in order to do so.

Well, since the hound dog finally decided to trade in his sing time for an afternoon nap, and it is quiet once again. I think I will take a nap too. ~God Bless~

Rom 5:3-5  ... but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.


 

8 comments:

  1. O God renew a right spirit within me. Here a hug from your Dutch friend. I am glad you show me a bit of your bad hours :-) So I can pray when you take you nap. And, I think our Lord is always praying for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you had a headache today- would you believe I did too? It must be the day for it : ) This is a great post! So true we need to praise Him in our storms. The sacrifice of praise. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you mentioned about your dogs "hound singing," it reminded me of when my cats "get on my nerves" with their various animal antics.

    I'm also in a season with many "foggy days," and I am learning with the Lord's help to get through them the best I can, though it's not always easy. You are right though, we are to give praise to our Father regardless of the seasons of our lives. It just may be most difficult then.

    I hope you had a pleasant nap today. :)


    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope and pray your headache is gone. God's comfort is amazing when we are suffering. We just need to set at His feet and worship Him. "In all things give thanks..." "Rejoice always,and again I will say rejoice."
    Blessings,
    Ken

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am finding out just how important praise is in all situations. Hoping the fog has lifted in your head dear one. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry you are not feeling well, Lisa. And I'm sorry you may lose your beloved dog. And your friend is in the hospital. and all of that on a dreary day. I'm praying for you. Because our God is greater than all those things And He can give you His peace no matter what. Blessings and Hogs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi friend...Im linking up on tuesday, you can share your cooking recepee craft
    Gods word, whatever you choose..your email will remain private
    thanks if you share here..

    ReplyDelete

A penny for your thoughts...
Sorry, no robots allowed...you don't have thoughts.

Translate