Friday, January 4, 2013

Joyful!

 

Proverbs 17:22 

A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones

undefined

My resolution for 2013...( It took me a while to decide on one) is to be more joyful!
Of course, I will remain deligent, and sober in the Lord...But I will not dwell on what is happening in the world around me as much as I did last year. Things are going to happen according to God's will, and if we have placed our trust in Him, then we are not to fret and worry...Just remember to pray that His spirit will draw all men to Jesus...So I'm gonna wear a smile, instead of a frown, and trade in my 'worry lines for laugh lines, lol!  Hey, even some wrinkles can be a good thing!

Wanna join me?

Here's a few scriptures to get us started:

Psalm 126:2
Then our mouth was filled with laughter, and our tongue with shouts of joy; then they said among the nations, “The Lord has done great things for them.”
He will yet fill your mouth with laughter, and your lips with shouting

Ecclesiastes 3:4 
A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance

Proverbs 15:13
A glad heart makes a cheerful face, but by sorrow of heart the spirit is crushed.


 
*This is one of my favorite authors...I have not read this yet, but I think I might like to...

Joyful Christian

 
 
C. S. Lewis, himself a convert, wrote of being "surprised by joy" when he discovered his belief in Jesus Christ. In these 127 devotional readings, selected from Lewis's many works on faith and spirituality, Christians everywhere can share in the joy of this master theologia... Read More

 

8 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa,
    Good resolution. I find when I deliberately do something I am not really interested in doing, the feelings always follow after. Example: liking the cold. When I grew up I started not liking the cold or the snow and I would just wish for spring to come quickly. I found I was pretty miserable during the winter time and started dreading the dark in fall time. This didn't last long tho, because I in general, am not a miserable person, so I decided to just say to myself that I love the cold and snow. I love the dark times of fall. I would start looking for the good things in the winter and the short days. Very soon I started enjoying these little things that I found and soon I saw more and more things to enjoy. It didn't take long and quickly I started looking forward to winter and the short days of fall time. Now, I totally love the winter and all the joyful glee that I had when I was a child has come back and I totally enjoy winter and fall time. :)

    When we look for the good in a thing soon, if we focus on it, we will find pure joy of the thing that we once disliked.

    I'm choosing Joy with you!

    Blessings,
    <><

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi COG,
      That is a good lesson in life that (hopefully) we all learn before too long. Not to sound new agey or anything...but there is always a balance in nature...and God has designed His world to function that way. Someday there will be no darkness, but for now, the darkness makes us appreciate the light. Jesus being the light of the world draws our attention when things are at their darkest.
      There is nothing better than coming inside after a day playing out in the snow, and enjoying a cup of cocoa and the warmth of a hearth, for example.
      Personally, I love all of the seasons, and although winter can seem long...it is the endurance of it that makes spring so wonderful!
      ~Glad to see you survived your day skiing on the mountain by the way!

      Delete
  2. I usually don't make resolutions, but learning to have more joy in our lives sounds good to me. Let us know how you liked the book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Floral Blossoms,

      I usually don't make them either, but I know for my own peace of mind, this year has to be different. It is all about faith. Fear is the opposite of faith.

      Delete
  3. Hi Lisa,
    Like you said in your comment on my blog yesterday, "It seems we are like minded about this new year." Less fear and worry and more joy is a top priority for me too this year. I am sick and tired of worrying about what will happen in this world. For me, I am afraid the markets will crash and the money I have in my retirement accounts will be gone. I pray that the Lord will bless you and fill your heart with His joy. Thank you for sharing this book by C.S. Lewis. I am going to go take a closer look at it.
    Have a blessed day in the Lord,
    Ken

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ken,
      That fear is one of the things that was getting me down as well. My husband and I will need to trust the Lord more with changes regarding our hard earned money...Obamacare is one of the negative changes we will have to deal with next year...but instead of worrying about it today, we will have to trust God with our future! One thing that has come of it though, is we are being a bit smarter about finances now...although we were never careless before either.
      I will be looking at that book as well...soon.
      ~God bless~ Lisa

      Delete
  4. Lisa, I am glad that you are going to have a joyful year. I can't think of a better way to go thought this new year. I look forward to reading about your joy in your posts this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Only God can sort out the mess that the world is in, much better to leave it to Him and praise Him for rescue. It is like being in a lighthouse, we keep the light shining and it is that light that draws those who need help, but we rejoice in the fact that we are no longer in danger of drowning in the stormy waves.

    ReplyDelete

A penny for your thoughts...
Sorry, no robots allowed...you don't have thoughts.

Translate