My Cancer Blog

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

LOVE, FAITH, and PEACE

Peace be to the brethren, and love with faith, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
(Ephesians 6:23)


CIMG0722
I love how the sunlight filters through the top of this iris

CIMG0737
This looks like a yellow arrow pointing to the heavens!


.CIMG0723
This is a rare brown iris. The color is actually more of a dusty rose

CIMG0729
 Notice the shadows? You can see my hand holding the camera at the bottom, and to the left of that you can clearly see Buddy watching me. I didn't even know he was there until when immediately after I took the shot, he ran up and licked the camera! 
I really like the pattern of the leaves on the ground.

CIMG0760
 The start of a small vegetable garden. Planted are tomatoes, green peppers, cucumbers, string beans, and soon lettuce.

CIMG0714 (2)
This Ruby Breasted Grosbeak is no longer afraid of us. it will stay put even when the other birds fly away. Yesterday it even took a dip in the garden pond while I refilled the feeder (just a couple feet away from me)!

CIMG0735
And finally, my little spot that I create each summer featuring …
LOVE FAITH and PEACE
The fake rock on the porch (against the house) Reads: On Christ the solid rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand....Just like the well-loved hymn! (below)



                         THE SOLID ROCK
My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus’ blood and righteousness;
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly lean on Jesus’ name.


When darkness veils His lovely face,
I rest on His unchanging grace;
In every high and stormy gale,
My anchor holds within the veil.


His oath, His covenant, His blood
Support me in the whelming flood;
When all around my soul gives way,
He then is all my hope and stay.


When He shall come with trumpet sound,
Oh, may I then in Him be found;
Dressed in His righteousness alone,
Faultless to stand before the throne.


Refrain:
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand,
All other ground is sinking sand.


—Edward Mote (1797-1874)

11 comments:

Delisa said...

Hi Lisa! Your flowers are so beautiful, I love irises. My favorite is the deep purple variety. I also love roses and tulips, well, when I think of it I really just love all flowers. :) I also enjoyed the pictures of your home, what a cozy little chair by the window. My chair looks out over our neighbor's horse corral and barn. It is such a wonderful view, something I never imagined I would every have when I was growing up in Los Angeles. Moving to the country has brought us so much peace. Georgia has a much slower pace of life. I so agree with you, having a smaller space when you are in pain really helps. My husband and I are planning to down size too in the years to come as well. I find myself really looking forward to it. It reminds me of that old country song, "Love Grows Best in Small Houses". :) You can't help but all feel closer when you have to hold your breath when you pass by each other in the hall way! haha. Have a lovely afternoon ahead! Delisa :)

Jane said...

I love the picture of the light filtering through the iris. Remind me of the benediction, May the Lord's face shine down upon you. Hope your garden does well! The deer are doing their best to munch through ours. They even ate the tops off the peppers. I see you've met Delisa. She's a dear!

Reformed rebel said...

Hi Lisa ~ such pretty flowers! I love the words to that hymn. I remember as a child singing that. Wasn't much into it then though. Have a blessed day...Chelle

Denise said...

Beautiful pictures Lisa; I love this time of year! It is nice to hum that old song this morning; haven't heard that one in a long time. :)

Blessings and love today!
Denise

Never Forsaken said...

Hi Delisa,
My favorite is the purple variety as well, Isn't it wonderful there are so many varieties of flowers? I can't think of one that I don't like either. LOL! I don't think I could live in the city again, although I would like to be in a bit of a warmer climate. My husband did his military training in Ft.Benning GA. and he said it snowed there for the first time in ages while he was there! Rural Georgia looks beautiful.
~God Bless~Lisa

Never Forsaken said...

Hi Jane,
We always have trouble with deer eating our shrubbery in the winter. We have even covered some shrubs and hung empty milk jugs to keep them away. My brother lives in the cros-lex area and is a very good farmer, he swears by placing the contents of the vacuum in small mesh bags (like onions come in) and place around the perimeter of the garden. Haven't tried it yet myself though.
Yes, Delisa is a dear! ;D
~God Bless~Lisa

Never Forsaken said...

Hi Chelle,
I have been humming that hymn every time I walk past it since I put the rock out there! Seems like the prettiest flowers are the ones that are here for the shortest time.
~God Bless~Lisa

Never Forsaken said...

Hi Denise,
Thank you, I love this time of year also. It's been quite cool in Michigan with lots of storms.
I love that old hymn and find myself humming the tune every time I see that stone!
~God Bless~Lisa

Jane said...

Thanks for the tip, Lisa! I put bird netting over everything but that will only work when the plants are small. I'll have to give your brother's idea a try. With all the dog hair I vacuum up, maybe they'll think a dog is near.

JT said...

Those are beautiful pictures. Have a great day. God bless you.

John

Never Forsaken said...

Thank you JT, I'm glad you enjoyed them!
~God Bless~

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUD!

HAPPY 8TH B-DAY, BUD! I think he's had too many birthday cookies already today!