Monday, June 11, 2012

I'm just being RADICULUS!

Well, it's official, My doctor has diagnosed me with something called 'radiculitis'!
My husband is laughing, and I say I am not surprised at this diagnosis. The prognosis is that there is no cure for my radiculitis, although there may be some relief from the symptoms with an adjustment or two. (the jokes are almost non stop around here lately LOL!)
Okay, I will be serious for a minute and tell you what radiculitis really means:

What Is Lumbar Radiculitis?
By Michelle Kerns

Lumbar radiculitis is a painful spinal problem whose origin is in the lumbar region of the spine, but can create a variety of symptoms that affect the afflicted individual anywhere from the lower back to the foot. The symptoms associated with lumbar radiculitis vary according to which nerve or nerves are affected. A number of treatment options for the condition exist, including various pain management medications, therapy, and surgery.


*surgery is not an option for me because of the diskal sclerosis, which is just a fancy term describing the thickening of the bone tissue because of the displacement of the disks over many years. It is rare, so don't worry about developing this if you have disk problems in your back.



"Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint."
(Isaiah 40:31)

Several years ago when our girls were little we took our boat out on the lake for a day of fishing. It was my birthday, and I was blessed with an eagle soaring overhead while we fished. When we sped up, she would speed up as well, when we stopped, she would resume her circling just a few feet above us. I even sketched her and wrote about her in my journal back then.
Well, saturday was my birthday and my husband and I went fishing. We no longer have the boat so we fished from the shore. We were the first to see it...A lone eagle was soaring and swooping! There were several people on the lake and everyone was pointing at the eagle flying overhead. I have dubbed her my 'birthday eagle'!
My girls all remember that day in the boat when we were racing around the lake with an eagle keeping pace with us. We didn't catch any fish on saturday, but we did reel in another good memory.
God sure has blessed me throughout the years with many special little visits from the animal kingdom. One time I was sitting outside visiting with friends when a baby robin just flew onto my arm and sat there. Another time I was getting ready to leave to go to my mother's funeral which was a very tough day, and two baby racoons came up to me and, using their little hands, they took food from my hand with their mother watching closely from a nearby tree...Another time I was having a rough time and took solace at a nearby lake; it was nearing sunset when I hung my feet over the dock and nearly grazed a beaver who swam right under my feet. I will never forget the beauty and peace of the lake reflecting the autumn sunset. The beaver swam ashore just to my right and carried on as though I was not even there!
Another sweet visit comes from a little hummingbird that likes to flutter at my bedroom window. (I should really try to get a shot of him.) And then there's this guy who is here every day: 

Remember him? I blogged about him last year.

The world may be falling apart day by day, but we can still see the wonder and beauty in God's creation. He created this world for His own pleasure.

Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.(Rev.4:11)

But do we still please God?

And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him. (Hebrews 11:6)

I am amazed that He loves us so much, even when we aren't very lovable. Even when we are not 'mindful of' Him very often, when we do not honor and glorify Him in everything we do.

When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars which thou hast ordained; What is man that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man that thou visitest him?"(Psalm 8:4)

I may never understand (on this side of heaven) why God still loves us so much. I believe he never changes, and therefore his love for us will never change.
 But because God  never changes, and sin will always separate us from him, his judgement on the unrepentant sinner is still very real, and final, and to be feared; we must therefore desire to repent of our sins and accept Jesus as our Lord and Saviour which is the only way God provided for us to truly mend our broken relationship with our Creator. This is the faith that is pleasing to God.

Why do we love God?
from Spurgeon's sermon, "LOVE'S LOGIC"

"We love him because he first loved us." - 1 John 4:19.


A sense of the love of God to us is the main cause of our love
to him. When we believe, know, and feel that God loves us,
we, as a natural result, love him in return.

In proportion as our knowledge increases, our faith strengthens,
and our conviction deepens that we are really beloved of God; we,
from the very constitution of our being, are constrained to yield
our hearts to God in return.


Where there is fervent love to God there is set up a holy familiarity
with God, and from this flow satisfaction, delight, and rest.

"We love him because he first loved us." - 1 John 4:19.

Aren't you glad that it isn't the other way around? If God's love was conditional upon whether or not we love him what would we have to do to win his favor? What could we do? What would we have to sacrifice in order for Him to decide to love us?
Thankfully we don't have to do anything to win God's heart....~we had him at hello ~LOL!

Just the fact that he created us in HIS OWN IMAGE speaks volumes of his plan for us to be set apart from all the rest of his creation as his very own children! Can you say WoW! And that my friends, is what we, the generation who grew up in the eighties would call RADICAL!



rad·i·cal

[rad-i-kuhl] 
adjective:

  • of or going to the root or origin; fundamental: a radical difference.
noun:

  • a person who holds or follows strong convictions or extreme principles; extremist.
  •  a person who advocates fundamental political, economic, and social reforms by direct and often uncompromising methods.
Well now, I guess I do have a case of 'Radiculitis' when it comes to the Lord, and the prognosis is very very good! ( LOL)
~God Bless~











4 comments:

  1. Radical post, Lisa! I'm so sorry that you must have so much pain, but you certainly have a wonderful outlook. Don't you just love how God gives us encouragement?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jane,
      God always makes a way through, He is awesome and we can't even begin to know just how awesome he is!...I had fun with that radical word, it took me back to my teenage days.LOL!

      Delete
  2. Wonderful post Lisa; you are so inspiring! God will see you through this with your wonderful faith and attitude my friend. Wishing you strength and comfort for your pain... :)

    Blessings and love..
    XXOO
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Denise,
      Your tender spirit always shows through your posts and comments :) You are such a sweetheart! Thanks for your uplifting words.
      ~Blessings & love to you also~

      Delete

A penny for your thoughts...
Sorry, no robots allowed...you don't have thoughts.

Translate