Monday, June 25, 2012

What a day!



me:  "Maybe this isn't the best time to write a post?"

God:  " You can do this with my help."

me:  "But Lord...everything has gone so wrong today, everything I put my hand to has failed!"

God: "Look again child, look closer, and you will see things differently."

me: "Well, this morning after reading your Word and thanking you for blessing us in so many ways, I remembered what I had heard from Charles Stanley just yesterday about being grateful no matter the circumstances, and about how we should not only thank you for the stuff that goes right, but when things go wrong, we should have a grateful attitude because:

... we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. ( Romans 8:28)


God: "What things?"

me:  "All things."...OK, but what about the computer virus first thing this morning? On the new laptop, of all things? I was ready to just throw in the towel, quit the blog again; I can't afford this stress and expense Lord, you know we just learned  that there will be a decrease in my husband's paycheck! Not to mention we just had to buy a new sofa  last week because the old one literally fell apart on us! Not to mention the clothes dryer decided not to use heat anymore just yesterday! And then there was the missing bank statement~I couldn't balance the checkbook without it because the carbon copies bled through on two checks, making them illegible, and when I tried calling the bank, they could not bring up the information because they just went through a merger and the files are with someone else! Whoever heard of such a thing Lord?

God:  "So, How did your doctor appointment go today?"

me: " I almost forgot about that...She said things are still the same."

God: "And... what else did she say?"

me: "She said the good news is nothing has gotten worse, and that I should not need anything more than some chiropractic therapy.. that means no more shots, no surgeries, no painful EMG's or nerve blocks!"
me:  "Oh yeah, I forgot to take my blood pressure pill today too! I can't believe my blood pressure was so low when the nurse checked it today, especially since I felt as if I was fighting off a panic attack all day long!...Hmm, weird.

God: "I was holding your hand."

me:  "Thank you Father."

me: " I just can't believe that we had to go to TWO banks personally before we could get something as simple as information on two cancelled check amounts. And what is weirder, is that the first bank had found one, but could not access the second check info so they sent us to the other branch nearby to see if they had it, and then the nice teller at that bank locked herself out of the vault where they kept the archives from before the merger, so she couldn't get to it either."

God:  "So, what did you think of that car accident at the intersection of the bank, the second bank you were sent to ?"

me:  "OH dear Lord, that was so scary, we had just pulled into the parking lot and I had barely stepped out from the car when we heard it! I felt sick, they hit so hard, we were just at that spot, it could have been us! I said a quick prayer that everyone was Ok!"

God: "Thank you for praying!"

me:  "Thank you that they were unharmed, and for protecting us!"

God:  " So, wasn't that nice how the teller made a few calls to get your information on that check?"

me: "Yes, and he even asked if they would email my missing statement to me." I thanked you Lord when the check amount  showed that it was only $22, and not the $222 that it appeared to be because the carbon bled through. Thanks again!"

God:  "The teller sure liked your email address once you explained what it meant, didn't he?"

me: " Oh yeah, his eyes lit right up when I explained that nvr4skn stood for NEVER FORSAKEN, he said he liked that. We both thanked you then that nobody was hurt in the accident, as he was the one who called the police when he seen it from his window at the bank...the bank that YOU sent me to today...I'm sorry for calling it a wild goose chase Lord."

God: " So what did the antivirus scan reveal about your computer when you returned home today?"

me: "No threats were found! Thank you Lord."

God: 

"For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.Jeremiah 29:11.

But all who listen to me will live in peace,
untroubled by fear of harm.”Proverbs 1:33



But I call to God, and the LORD will save me. Evening and morning and at noon I utter my complaint and moan, and he hears my voice." (Psalms 55.16-17)

16 comments:

  1. This is a great post Lisa; I love the way you "reacted" to your daily frustrations! My goodness, you had temptations and distractions surrounding you from all sides; what an inspiration for all to read how you acted out of faith and thankfulness at the end of the day. :)

    Blessings for a brand new day! :)
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Denise; When I read your post yesterday, I just knew I was supposed to write this one. It was uncanny how what you wrote seemed to describe my day yesterday ;)
    I am so thankful for friends like you who confirm God's Word & who inspire with their blogs!
    ~God Bless your day also~
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good post Lisa! We all need to "look again". Sometimes doesn't it seem that those little frustrations are more unsettling than the big things that life throws at us?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane,
      I agree. It seems like those little things act like a school of pirhanas, one nips a little,but several can chew to the bone!

      Delete
  4. Thank your form writing this posting. Our Saviour is with you every step. Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jedidja,
      I was unable to get 'google translator' to work on your blog this morning~ I will try again later.
      I always enjoy your posts.
      ~God Bless~

      Delete
    2. I revisited your blog & translator worked this time...as you can see, the Lord is teaching us similar kind of lessons!

      Delete
  5. Hi Lisa,
    Nice!! :)
    Do you know what I noticed? Here...me: "Well, this morning after reading your Word and thanking you for blessing us in so many ways, I remembered what I had heard from Charles Stanley just yesterday about being grateful no matter the circumstances, and about how we should not only thank you for the stuff that goes right, but when things go wrong, we should have a grateful attitude because:
    ... we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. ( Romans 8:28)
    ...
    Here I see that you were acknowledging to God that you know you are to be thankful in all situations. What I see is that God decided to test you on this. Maybe also some of the things happened to delay you so you were not in that car accident.

    I love how you wrote this out and broke it down. God is good always!!! Even in tests and trials, because He is stretching and growing us in ways that we never thought possible. When we look at the situation with joy and thanksgiving then I believe we are passing the test. :)

    Thanks for sharing girl.
    <><

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi COG,
      You got it..I was hoping that would come through in the post! At first I kept blaming the devil for trying to steal away the peace that I got from my time with the Lord, but it wasn't until we left the bank late in the day when I was able to start looking back at the events as possibly being an opportunity to learn how to have the right attitude...I even had to deal with noisey neighbors running their four-wheelers up and down the road making my dogs bark while I was posting this last night! I had a real 'archie bunker' kinda moment there when I was ready to run out in my pajamas & yell at them. So glad the Lord helped me calm down.~God Bless~

      Delete
    2. By the way, this turned out to be the EASIEST post to write! It just poured right out ;)

      Delete
  6. Such a great post Lisa. Many times we look at our day as full of negatives. But...when we look through the eyes of the Lord what a difference! He does cause all things to work for our good...doesn't He?!

    Blessings...Chelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, isn't it great that he knows how to direct us in ways we would never choose ourselves?
      All I seem to wanna do is whine (groan and complain) all the while He is leading me around all the dangers, and putting me where He wants to use me.
      ~God Bless~ Lisa

      Delete
  7. When we have a rough day we need to call on our Lord. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. True JT, we should call on Him first, things would be so much easier if we did!
    ~God Bless you too~

    ReplyDelete
  9. I finally got to read your post. I'm glad I did. It wa a great reminder that we need to thank God in all circumstances. I meant to tell you that I also have a comfy recliner and I can sit in it all day without my back hurting. I'm thankful for the little things like that and the big things like He cared for my daughter nd son-in -law.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Peggy,
    So glad you got through..I just don't understand blogger sometimes.
    God know what we need, and as long as we are grateful and know to go to Him for our help...He supplies us. So glad your daughter and Son-in-law are doing better; it is so hard to see our children suffer. Thank God a mother's prayer is a very powerful tool to have!
    ~God Bless~ Lisa

    ReplyDelete

A penny for your thoughts...
Sorry, no robots allowed...you don't have thoughts.

Translate