Friday, December 5, 2014

Good news!

My MRI report shows stability. I asked my oncologist if it really was a stroke that caused the lesion and he said "NO"...the lesion is a normal part of aging and no further scans are needed...Whew!

I have only one more Herceptin infusion and then my port removal surgery...Dr. H got everything scheduled so that it will all be done by the end of this month...He also said that since I had the good kind of cancer, (There's a good cancer?Well, I supposed compared to other less good kinds ...I was fortunate to have the kind that I had) he did not need to see me again for six months then he hugged me and said Merry Christmas!

What a great way to wrap up this year of grace...As of January 2015...I will no longer be in cancer treatment! The Lord kept his promise to carry me through it with extra grace for one year.
....(my year of grace).


More good news today is that I had finally heard an update on my friend (and many of yours as well) Denise Oldham. Denise suffered a heart attack last month and the last thing I heard was that she was in the hospital and not staying awake after surgery...I now understand that she is recovering.
Praise the Lord for answering our prayers and for bringing Denise through her own tough battle. though it is not over yet...so we need to continue to lift her and her husband Eddie up in prayer.

Well, it is getting late and its been a long day so I'll wrap this up for now.

~BLESSINGS & LOVE~
and remember, we are...

~NEVER FORSAKEN~

11 comments:

  1. Praise the Lord for your good report!! That is awesome! And did I read it right - you get your port out this month? That is awesome!
    I am glad to hear that Denise is doing good. Will continue to pray for you and them.
    God bless~ Lisa :O)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa, I am praying everything went well for you this week too. Denise is such a trooper!

      Delete
  2. Praise our lovely Lord for the comfort He has brought you with this good news. May He also protect your friend Denise and bring her good news too. That is just what He is - Good news.
    God bless you Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brenda...You are so very right...That is who the Lord is Good News. It took some very bad news to start this year out and to get through it...but God really is our strength when we are weak...and it is true that all things work for the good for those who are called according to his purpose.
      God bless you too, my friend!

      Delete
  3. "He also said that since I had the good kind of cancer,"

    This made me smile. It's a gift to be able to see good in the strangest of places!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandi,
      God does tend to use the most unlikely things in this world to accomplish his will. I guess without things like disease and other bad things, we would not really understand the full goodness of God's mercy and love during our time here on earth.

      Delete
  4. He is able. Thanks for news of Denise - always in need of prayer.
    Which we all are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's great news Lisa! So happy to hear it! May God bless you abundantly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful news, Lisa. This has been such a journey of faith, quite amazing. You have been so courageous. I'm so, so pleased for you and your family too. Will pray for Denise.
    Love,
    A. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks you for sharing your glad news. I am so glad for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praising God for your scan results and for Denise!
    Continuing to cover you and Denise in prayer.
    <><

    ReplyDelete

A penny for your thoughts...
Sorry, no robots allowed...you don't have thoughts.

Translate