My Cancer Blog

Monday, December 8, 2014

A little girl needs prayer


*Update*

The mass is not malignant...Jeff had that part wrong, but nonetheless it is very dangerous.
The good news is that the radiation has worked and the mass stopped growing. (The fear was it getting up to her brain stem).
The bad news is that the mass and the radiation and surgeries caused her to develop three kinds of scoliosis, all of which has reconfigured her spine so badly that she will be wheelchair bound; and there's nothing they can do.
My prayer for her now is that the Lord will help her to develop a strong faith and character to overcome this and live her life fully in-spite of the challenges she may face growing up with this. 


Jeff just called from work to tell me about a co-worker's daughter.
her name is Samantha and she has been dealing with a malignant tumor in her spine for a while now. She was doing okay, but now they are having some serious issues with the tumor causing severe scoliosis and she will end up in a wheelchair. If the surgeons remove the tumor she will be paralyzed.
Sam is only 14, and her parents had hoped that they could continue to treat with radiation to give her more time before the tumor interfered with her mobility...at least until she finished high school.
Jeff and I are asking you to join us in praying for a miracle for this young girl...God can do what the doctors can't...He can take the tumor away without causing any paralysis.
This family really needs a Christmas miracle this year!

~Dear Heavenly Father, We lift Sam up to you right now...We ask for you to touch her body and heal her as only you can do. We ask that you would perform this miracle and it would become a testimony of your love and healing power for Sam and her family.
In Jesus we ask. ~Amen~

9 comments:

Lisa in Texas = ) said...

I will be joining you in prayer for this sweet girl. May God show himself mighty! Lisa :o)

Sandi said...

Praying now!

child of God said...

Standing in agreement with you for Sam. In Jesus name.
<><

Sharon said...

I will add Sam to my prayer list tonight, and we will all pray for this dear girl and her family. God can do miracles!

GOD BLESS!

Alex said...

I surely will, Lisa.
x

Crown of Beauty said...

I agree with your prayer, and yes, I am praying for her as well.

Brenda said...

Father I join Lisa and Jeff in this prayer and know that what is not possible with man is possible with You. We ask You for a miracle Lord for this young girl, and that all glory goes to You. In Jesus lovely name Amen.

Jedidja said...

I also will pray.

Sandi said...

Praying!

So do not fear,  for I am with you;      do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen  you and help  you;      I will uphold ...