My Cancer Blog

Monday, December 29, 2014

It's Almost Over!

It's been quite the year!
Well, I had my last Herceptin infusion today and in the morning (Tuesday) I will be getting my port removed! 
I am both excited and a bit nervous about this...When I got the port placed I had a rough time of it because I was totally conscious and aware of everything happening because the medicine that makes you sort of loopy did not work on me because I had a problem with the IV...So I am nervous about that now.
  I tried to post today while I was at the doctor getting the infusion, but the ladies in there were very friendly and chatty today so I did not get any further than to start up my laptop...Poor Jeff, he just stuck his nose in a magazine and tuned us all out!  
I gave and received a lot of hugs there today...I gave them a card and told them how much I will miss them...but I will NOT miss getting that infusion!   I would sure welcome your prayers for tomorrow, my dear friends...Let's hope I am in la-la-land and won't remember anything that they do to me this time!   ~God bless drugs ~ (when they work properly)  
Love you all~ God bless~ And if I don't get the chance to tell you.... 
 ~HAPPY NEW YEAR!~  

4 comments:

Sandi said...

God bless drugs!

:) i like the way you said that. Haha! Thankfulness makes the heart glad.

Alex said...

Oh yes, indeed ~ will pray that all goes smoothly and that you feel nothing of that port removal.
Delighted for you!
God bless drugs and God bless YOU!
x

Sharon said...

Lisa, I just now prayed for you, that all will be well this morning. Praying that La-La-Land was a success! This is great news, though. A *graduation* of sorts, huh?! I have been so blessed by your unflagging testimony and faith throughout your most difficult journey this year. What a witness you have been to the great peace and strength that the Lord can bring, even through the worst things. Thank you for that.

Happy New Year to you, too. I look forward to walking the journey together.

GOD BLESS!

Jedidja said...

Good news. How's now with you? Is the port removed? I wish you a happy new year ( with our Lord in your heart)

So do not fear,  for I am with you;      do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen  you and help  you;      I will uphold ...