My Cancer Blog

Monday, June 2, 2014

UPDATE ON THE FAWN

DSC02182.JPG

The conservation officer called this morning to tell us that the fawn has been returned to his Mama!
Hopefully Mama will keep a close eye on him, and maybe teach him to avoid human beings from now on.

Isn't it sad to think that wild animals like this need to avoid us for their own safety?
Once upon a time we walked side by side with the animals...they weren't afraid of us, didn't need to be. 
This is just another reminder of how much was lost because of sin.

All the animals of the earth, all the birds of the sky, all the small animals that scurry along the ground, and all the fish in the sea will look on you with fear and terror. I have placed them in your power. Gen. 9:2 

God provided a perfect world for us to live in, with plenty of good food taken from the earth. Animals were not our food, neither did we need their skins for clothing....And then the devil showed up and the first man and woman chose to listen to him instead of to God...Now everything in this world is unbalanced!

But things will not always be like this.

Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the
first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and 
the sea was no more. And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, 
coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud 
voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling 
place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with 
them as their God.
 He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.”
And he who was seated on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” 
Also he said, “Write this down,
for these words are trustworthy and true. Rev.21:1-5

In that day the wolf and the lamb will live together; the leopard will lie down with the baby goat. The calf and the yearling will be safe with the lion, and a little child will lead them all.   Isaiah 11:6

Someday soon!

~Blessings & Love~
and remember, we are...

~NEVER FORSAKEN~

13 comments:

mari said...

I am so glad... :) mari

Karen Kyle Ericson said...

I'm glad too : ) You never know tho the New Heaven and Earth might have even more animals wouldn't that be awesome? I want to go paint at the river of life.

Denise said...

I haven't visited You in a long while,so glad You dropped by.I'm hoping now You'll show up on My blog roll more often to remind Me to visit.You have a beautiful uplifting blog.It was so nice reading Your testimony.I too have My own stories to tell.He is so awesome beyond Our words.Hugs and blessings Denise

Sharon said...

When I saw the title of this post, I was afraid of reading bad/sad news. But oh! I am so happy at this wonderful news. I couldn't stand the thought of a real-life Bambi tearjerker! Isn't it sad that there are people like this? I often want to tell the wildlife that comes to visit us, "Hey, I'm your friend. You don't need to be afraid." But the truth is, sometimes humans are their worst enemy.

Interesting how you ended this post. I also posted some thoughts that echo yours today. Thinking about restoration as my heart broke over my granddog's recent injury to his leg. Someday, God is going to make everything perfect once again.

GOD BLESS!

Crown of Beauty said...

Like Sharon, I was afraid of reading a not too happy ending to the fawn story. I am so glad that mama and bambi have been reunited. Heaven is going to be such an awesome place where the lion and lamb and humans walk together in real life, and there is no fear, no death, no tears, no darkness. Thank you for your beautiful insights on heaven. Heaven is also very much on my heart, dear Lisa. Blessings on your day.

Never Forsaken said...

Me too!

Never Forsaken said...

I will be painting there too!

Never Forsaken said...

Hi Denise...I love it when I rediscover blogs......but it's good to
put everyone on my blogroll in order to stay in touch with what's happening in their lives!
Hope you enjoyed your tea party :)

Never Forsaken said...

I had written this on my live writer first, and then before I published it on here, I read your post...and it was funny how similar your thoughts were to mine! when I came back on here to publish (and tweak) I thought about how you said the animals did not do anything wrong, yet they suffer because of our sin..So very true, and very sad. I cannot stand seeing animals suffer. The day after the fawn was taken, me and Jeff drove out to see if it was returned yet, and there was a dog standing in the middle of a busy intersection staring down the road (Thankfully it was very early and no traffic yet). It is common where we live to see abandoned animals left to fend for themselves.
I think the best we can do is spoil our own dogs & granddogs and cats etc...to make up for all those people that do that stuff.
God Bless~ Lisa

Never Forsaken said...

I'm so very relieved that I did not have to bring bad news too.
There are so few happy endings here on earth...but we know that ours will be the happiest ending/beginning in Heaven! I think God smiles when he sees us care for his creation.
We showed the video to the nurses and patients at my oncologist appointment last Friday, and everyone has a tender heart when it comes to this fawn...I see the heart of God in people when we are all touched by something so helpless and trusting as a little fawn...Even grown men become as little children with tenderness and awe!
Hope you are having a wonderful week, my friend~God bless~

child of God said...

I am so glad the fawn is with mama and surprised she took him back. Praying for this little fellow to grow into a mature buck who will stay away from humans.
Thanks for the update. :)
<><

Denise said...

Praise God.

Shelby said...

REALLY like your blog. Glad to have found you; it's always good to connect with another sister in Christ.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUD!

HAPPY 8TH B-DAY, BUD! I think he's had too many birthday cookies already today!