Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Blue Morning


Today I noticed a blue-jay near my window. When I opened the blue shear curtain to take a picture, I scared him away…but then noticed a small field mouse that he had been picking on. It was huddled into a tight ball until the jay retreated, then he straightened out and trembled furiously.
He hopped a couple of times and fell over often.
I felt such a compassion for the poor creature and wanted to do something…yet knowing that any interference on my part would not benefit….He is now sitting still against the wooden border of the house where the butterfly bush is.
I've no idea where the Jay is now…or why it was picking on the field mouse in the first place.
I am saddened by my witness of such violence at my peaceful window this rainy morning...and
once again I am reminded of how all creatures must suffer upon this earth...because of us.


 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.
Romans 8:18-23
Before publishing this post, my attention was once again drawn to the scene outside my window...the little field-mouse was gone, and a curious visitor was investigating the spot where the field mouse was sitting before going about with his own business...

Green Afternoon

 The forest trail beckoned to me.

    I took a walk through the woods...The cedar boughs still dripping from the morning's rain...everything washed clean and fresh...The smell of the 
       wet earth was pungent, but pleasant.

...A silent hooded figure, I moved quietly  along the edge of the swamp...with my two companions...The  black dogs sniffed out the tracks of deer on the trail...only their prints left upon the lush ground now. 

I broke my silence as I walked and said aloud the Lord's prayer...with each step I prayed accompanied only by the sound of wildlife and of the dogs as they bound along the forest path...
 Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy name.
 Thy Kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth, as it is in Heaven.
 Give us this day our daily bread.
 And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. For Thine is the Kingdom, and the power and the glory for ever. Amen.
After spending some time in quiet meditation, I climbed back up the path leading to the cottage. 



 Nearing the cottage, I found the body of the tiny field mouse frozen in death.
I picked it up with two branches and placed it atop a soft pile of dead leaves on the hillside beyond the blackberry bushes and cherry tree.


~Blessings & Love~
and remember, we are...
~NEVER FORSAKEN~

10 comments:

  1. Sometimes nature can be very sad. I understand. I wrote something about my son's beagle, Marty, going lame a few weeks ago. And I was also struck by the fact that creation must suffer because of our sin. I am only thankful that it won't always be this way. Can't wait for God's perfect restoration!!

    GOD BLESS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen to the hope we have through Jesus...He said to us: "Look, I make all things new!"

      Delete
  2. Lisa - Just wanted to drop by and say thank you for your comment yesterday. It means so much to me and really helps to know I am not alone on this path to recovery. It helps me realize that it is going to take some time. I just want to be normal again- but then I realize, like you, that we have a new normal now- and I am slowly working towards that new normal. :O)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will get there...And with God's help we may even find that the 'new normal' is evn better than the old normal...God bless

      Delete
  3. Ah hon, the suffering in the wild is very difficult to witness. I love your restraint at not interfering. I struggle with this and tend to intervene and then chastise myself later for stepping in where I do not belong. Father knows the struggle and I know it breaks His heart to see so much suffering because of sin.

    Jesus, when are You coming Lord?

    Hugs friend,
    <><

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sweetie...Our Father is speaking to us the same about these things...The only hope for the end of the Creation's suffering is when Jesus returns!
      I almost wrote the line: "Come quickly Dear Jesus!" at the end of this post.
      ((hugs))~ Lisa

      Delete
  4. There is always so much beauty around your place Lisa. Thank you so much for sharing it with me today :) mari

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for taking us on your walk. Such a pretty and peaceful place to pray and reflect on Gods goodness. Life is hard...but soon we will live in peace and joy with the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely blog i found you thrue other bloggers...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lisa. When we look at creation, we both see suffering in this fallen world an the beauty of God's creation. I one time heard someone say, "God gives us a glimpse of heaven and hell. We see death, suffering and the like on one side and a glimpse of heaven in the beauty of creation. Now we have a choice to make." Just think when you walk in a beautiful place like in your walk, if this can be this beautiful in a fallen world, what heaven must be like. Take care and God bless.
    Ken

    ReplyDelete

A penny for your thoughts...
Sorry, no robots allowed...you don't have thoughts.

Translate