Monday, March 17, 2014

3 YEAR BLOG ANNIVERSARY!


 
This blog is 3 years old today!
So I have re-posted my first post...
~HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY~
Soon this will be the view outside our bedroom window...In the warmer months we also get humming birds visiting here..they will hover right in front of this window  and it will appear as if they are looking at the cross windchime hanging just inside!..I cannot wait!..Soon winter will give way to spring; And by the way, can you believe my husband wanted me to cut away the 'Rose of Sharon' outside this window?  I  just tied back the branches that were a threat to the window screen instead.

About the "Rose of Sharon" of the Bible

"I am the rose of Sharon, and the lily of the valleys." (Solomon 2:1)

Jesus is often "symbolically" referred to as the rose of Sharon. (the New Testament never literally refers to him as such)

'Sharon' is a plain - it is one of the largest valley-plains in all of Palestine. Back at the time of Solomon, it was considered a wild, fertile plain that had a lot of beautiful flowers in it. Although the Sharon is mentioned only once in the New Testament (Acts 9:35), it is frequently referred to in rabbinic literature often with allusions to its fertility. The plain has been the main land invasion route of Palestine from the south throughout the ages, down to Napoleon (1799), and the British under General Edmund Allenby (1917–18). (Britanica Online Encyclopedia)

See the shamrock in my flower garden?

                                                           Happy St. Patricks Day!

For the True story about St. Patrick:
http://www.entourages.com/barbs/stpatrick.htm

13 comments:

  1. Hey, Lisa,( I left you a little reply on my blog)...three years is pretty good for a blog.
    As I said, I'm glad you started it!
    I like the expression The Rose of Sharon; A perfect specimen from a heavenly place of potential and promise ~ that's our Lord!
    Rose otto is a very expensive, highly prized perfume made by laying rose petals into fat until their fragrance permeates it ~
    Would that his spirit would soak into us just the same!
    I love the little cross hanging in your window : I'm hoping to nmake some glass crosses, probably celtic ones with the circle, for Easter.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on 3 years!! Looking forward to many more!

    And, you'll understand why I loved this post learning more about the plain of Sharon (LOL!). May the Rose of Sharon be glorified in this thorny little life of mine!

    GOD BLESS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea 3 years!! Spring is on it's way, woot!!

    (((Hugs)))
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post, Lisa. Congratulations on the third anniversary of your blog. It is such a fertile place, a Sharon, a Spirit filled ground bursting with life... and you are a lovely rose! Such rich symbolism... in fact, true of anyone who is connected to the Vine! I love the cross windchime hanging by your window. Soon it will be spring in your country. Blessings abound!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo Hoo Three years, congrats. I love your blog, and I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lisa! Congratulations on your 3rd. blog anniversary! It is a big accomplishment. And not only has your blog been interesting, it has also been encouraging and inspiring. Your writing has brought goodness into Blog Land and made it a better place. Very interesting info today about the Rose of Sharon, thanks for sharing.

    I'm so happy that I found your blog and I am always so grateful when you stop by and visit mine and I appreciate your comments very much. You have been so generous with them even when I know you haven't been feeling well. You make my day and I hope that you have a lovely afternoon ahead! With Love, Delisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy blogversary! So glad you started blogging and that we have become friends because of it!
    Hugs to you Lisa!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes congratulations Lisa on your 3rd anniversary on the blog. Your picture is lovely. I laughed when I read about your husband wanting you to cut your bush down, my husband is just the same. I too see the beauty in the plants.
    God bless

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Ladies...I am so glad to have met each of you through this blog...such a blessing!
    It's funny how much life changes in just three short years, but one things remains constant and unchanging...the Word of God...It is our stabilizer, our true North, our anchor and yes...a vine that feeds and nourishes our spirits!
    God bless you, and love you all so very much <3 Lisa
    P.S: @Brenda, Thank you so much for the lovely poem on last post's comments...You are so gifted and so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your third year.. I am ahead of you by a few years but am cutting back in my posting. Spring needs to hurry up.. I am so tired of the cold and white stuff.. Hope your week is great. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am a few days late...but Happy Blog Anniversary.♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Lisa!!! ...I am just stopping by to come say hello, so hello! I've been out of blog-ville for a little while, just had a lot going on and came down with an ugly migraine. ....But, I want to say hello and I plan to come on' back to catch up. Bless you and always thinking of you and have you in my heart's prayer. love, deanna

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Lisa : ) Happy blogoversity! Wow 3 years time goes by so fast! It sure has been fun hasn't it? I love your photos. Still anxiously waiting for the flowers to come back. Today I have a foot of dead leaves in my courtyard. We're waiting until it warms up to clean it out. God bless my friend still praying for you. Spring will come soon.

    ReplyDelete

A penny for your thoughts...
Sorry, no robots allowed...you don't have thoughts.

Translate