Tuesday, April 2, 2013

KEEP GOING!

~Whoever is righteous has regard for the life of his beast, but the mercy of the wicked is cruel~ Proverbs 12:10



I wish I had my camera with me yesterday. The above picture is from 'Google images'.
Jeff and I were driving down a very woodsy road just north of us. On this same road two of our daughters encountered a bear a few years ago, and Jeff and our youngest saw a wolf. I was driving and missed seeing it myself. And two years ago Jeff and I saw the mysterious and elusive panther, (that the DNR just recently confirmed the existence of in our area!)  it ran just in front of us, it's movement very fluid as it covered the expanse of the pavement before disappearing into an adjacent meadow!
But yesterday's encounter was a bit strange.
We approached what looked like a big ball of fur in the middle of our lane. I thought something looked off as it appeared the animal was not dead or even injured, just balled up.

Then Jeff drove around the animal but thought he saw something in the rear view mirror creeping up towards the animal. He decided to turn around. I reminded my tender-hearted husband to not interfere if there was another animal making a kill in order to eat, as that is the way of nature as God has designed it. (once we got close there was nothing there except the furball in the center of the lane.)
The closer we got honking the horn, the little furball just twitched his ears a bit. So we sat there for a moment off to the side of the road. I decided to grab a small trash can from behind my seat while Jeff grabbed a towel. As I approached the animal it finally raised its head and rose onto it's feet. Jeff said "be careful" and I was. I remained where I stood but firmly told the young racoon to "get going!" It gave me a short hiss before it walked to the other side of the road, and then stopped to look back at me. I said "Keep going!" and it turned and ran into a hollowed log safely on the other side.
You bloggers know how it goes when you find yourselves in a certain situation and you say"There is a blog post in this somewhere". That is what I said as we walked back to the car.

I told Jeff it was funny how stubborn that little guy was at my command for him to get going. I only wanted him to be safe, something common sense should have told him anyway.  Jeff just laughed and said "It's as though he just wanted to end it all right there or something." Of course, it is possible he was only doing what we have seen other animals do on cold frosty days, lay down on the pavement to generate some heat. As it did not appear to be hurt or rabid, this was likely the case.
It made me think about how we can get into a certain comfort zone in our lives. We seem to just curl up and close our eyes and choose to be oblivious to certain danger approaching us.
When we hear our Master say "Get going!" we often hesitate, and then when we finally decide to obey, we stop to question His wisdom.....
"KEEP GOING!"
Or when we see things that are happening all around us, we may be tempted to just ball up and hope for it all to just go away and not affect us or anyone we care about..."GET GOING!" we hear our Master tell us. We had better listen. He doesn't care if we hiss at  question Him or not as long as we keep going.
 God is trustworthy, we must not lean upon our own understanding...he will never lead us into the path of destruction...always away from it!

I found it very interesting how Proverbs 12 ends...

In the path of righteousness is life, and in its pathway there is no death Proverbs 12:28

God bless, & remember, we are...

~NEVER FORSAKEN~

 

25 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean when you are in the moment of happenning and the sudden thought occurs, "This is blog post!"

    Glad you got the little guy encouraged to seek safty.

    SOme words you used have reminded me of my post (today). And yesterday's as well -getting out of the comfort zone.

    Loved the story!
    Blessings :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed reading your posts, looks like the Lord is guiding us both into the same kind of understanding!
      Yes, I am glad the little racoon decided to heed my voice and get to safety...Hope I will do the same when the Lord urges me to take action next time. Glad my husband decided to turn around for a second look too.
      ~God bless~

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful story and what a lovely message in it. I love the natural parables in life that speak God's concern for us, and of course it is a bonus to see a little animal being helped. God bless you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brenda,
      This was sure the week for encounters with animals. I really am learning to look more closely for lessons from the Lord in the natural world (His creation). There is so much to see if we only look...I am glad my husband decided to turn around for a closer look or else the poor little guy would have probably been hit by a car.
      ~God bless~

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Hi Denise,

      I am so glad you enjoyed this!
      ~God bless~

      Delete
  4. What a wonderful message you have for us today, Lisa. I've had moments in my life when I just wanted to curl up in a ball also. Hope that the next time this happens, I'll remember your nice little parable, and keep going!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jane,

      I am the same way. I hope I remember this lesson next time too!
      ~God bless~

      Delete
  5. Raccoons can be really dangerous, glad you were safe. :)

    I love your story and how you applied it to life. Oh how many times I just need a swift kick or a sharp command to keep moving or to just get up and start moving. I sure can relate to that raccoon.

    Thanks for sharing hon. I am guessing that he/she was enjoying a hot spot on the road and wasn't interested in giving up the heat.

    Blessings hon,
    <><

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sweetie ;)

      I can relate to that racoon also.

      I had a really neat interaction with two baby racoons back in 2000 (the day of my Mom's funeral). Just before we left the house, two young racoons approached me with their mama closeby in a tree. I fed then some cat food from my hand, and there I was in my dress sitting out in the front yard on the ground with those two little ones picking the food out of my hand with their fingers...God has always used animals to speak to me since childhood. I have had a young robin land on my arm, and rescued so many animals that people started calling me whenever they encountered a wild thing that was hurt or abandoned. I fear people more than animals. But I do love my brothers and sisters in Christ...Perfect love casts out all fear! ~Amen~
      ~God bless~

      Delete
  6. This is a wonderful message.. Really enjoyed it.. I never have my camera on hand when I need it.. Blessings to you dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susie,
      I don't know why I have not yet learned to take the camera with me by now, LOL!
      ~God bless you too~ Lisa

      Delete
  7. Lisa ~ I love how you related the incident with the raccoon to our lives. I do roll up in a ball many times when I want life to just pass me by! Eventually though...just like the raccoon...I listen to the good advice of the Father and get up and fight back!

    Blessings...Chelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chelle,

      I tend to ball up when under stress too. I am at a time in my life right now where it would be so easy to just ball up and let life pass me by, but I must fight that urge and keep going and trusting the One who leads us.
      ~God bless~
      Lisa

      Delete
  8. This is great Lisa; love how you were inspired by this incident in the road to write such inspiration! :) Sometimes life doesn’t work out like we planned, and it’s all too easy to lose sight, stay in our comfort zones, and instead settle for a predictable, ordinary life. Many of us go through the motions of everyday life barely feeling, inspiring, growing, or daring as we should. But God created us for more! He encourages us to move ahead, take action, and follow through.

    Have a joyful week of praise good friend!
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Denise,

      I like what you said about how God created us for more.
      That is inspiring, my friend.
      ~God bless~
      Lisa

      Delete
  9. There is a message in everything...isn't it there? God chooses every bit of creation to bring us to attention. I live in a very wooded area. The mountains are my back yard, so I know that meeting these furry 'friends' sometimes can be a bit daunting :-) Thank you so much for sharing Lisa. m.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maria,

      I am learning to pay better attention and look for these messages. With the Holy Spirit within us, we can come to understand God through His creation. As the Bible tells us he is seen through what He has created.
      ~God bless~
      Lisa

      Delete
  10. Lisa great analogy. I always think of the boy who wanted to help the butterfly to come out of it cocoon earlier that it should. Ending up dying because it was not fully formed. Forcing the surroundings. Hugs my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jedidja,

      Raising our girls in the forest we had to teach them not to tamper with the ways of nature. They have had a few lessons given from the wild creatures and fauna who share our forest home as well.
      gentle ((hugs)) ~God bless~ Lisa

      Delete
  11. My mind thinks the same as yours about blog posts...I think it is a good thing. We bloggers have become more aware of the simplicity of the world around us. I seem to miss the best moments when I do not have my camera... :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure it is a good thing. Can you believe that we just went for a long ride and short hike, and I forgot my camera again! Well, there was nothing I think I would have photographed anyway...(I was too cold and cranky because it was freezing rain and snow while we were walking.)
      ~God bless~ Lisa

      Delete
  12. It's Saturday and finally I have time to read the English blogs (ie translation) What an exciting story and yes, a nice link our live with God and nature. Thank you. Here in the Netherlands we do not have so many wild animals. In Germany and Poland there are wolves. I think they also come in the Dutch forests in future. Have a nice weekend and thank you for your nice comment on my post two weeks ago.

    Big hug/knuffel

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lisa, I love how you found the spiritual application upon sighting the little ball of fur. As one who like to curl into a little ball and stay there much of the time, I know I need to get out of my comfort zone more. I hope you have a lovely spring in your corner of the world.


    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Jedidja and Peggy,
    I am lumping your replies together because for some reason the reply button stopped working.
    Jedidja~ I have heard of wolves in those countries..we have very few here and it is rare to see one. If they show up in the netherlands be very careful as they are a danger!
    Peggy~ Our corner of the world is still very cold with freezing rain and snow...it is bad for my back, but I am hopeful that spring is just around the corner!
    ~God bless, ((hugs))~ Lisa

    ReplyDelete

A penny for your thoughts...
Sorry, no robots allowed...you don't have thoughts.

Translate