Thursday, April 11, 2013

More angry birds…

CIMG2626
Oh how I wish I had brought the camera with zoom ability!
CIMG2627Oh good! They are swimming closer!CIMG2628
            CIMG2632
Look how fast they are coming!CIMG2649
Okay, Mr. Swan I understand! This river belongs to you. Have a nice day.
CIMG2621
We will visit with Mr. and Mrs. Mallard instead, since they have been following us along just begging to have their picture taken!

Well, it is finally silent around here. Either Mr. Robin got too tired and gave up, or the reflection finally won the territory.
So the walk in that park a couple weekends ago, and then the drama that has been unfolding with the crazy robin at the windows has brought to mind a lesson about boundaries.
Guarding my own and respecting those of others. And most important of all learning about what the Bible has to say about boundaries…

God's boundaries:

The God who made the world and everything in it, being Lord of heaven and earth, does not live in temples made by man. Acts 17:24
(He has no boundaries...you cannot put God in a box!)

National boundaries:

And he made from one man every nation of mankind to live on all the face of the earth, having determined allotted periods and the boundaries of their dwelling place,  Acts 17:26
I wish our president believed this, especially in regards to Israel!

Personal boundaries:

Our thought life

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. Philippians 4:8

Our conduct

Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ. Then, whether I come and see you or only hear about you in my absence, I will know that you stand firm in one spirit, contending as one man for the faith of the gospel without being frightened in any way by those who oppose you.- Philippians 1:27-28a
 Do to others as you would have them do to you.  Luke 6:31

Our relationships:

~With God
And he answered, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself.” Luke 10:27

~With fellow believers

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.” John 13:34-35 
   
~With unbelievers

 Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness? What accord has Christ with Belial? Or what portion does a believer share with an unbeliever? What agreement has the temple of God with idols? For we are the temple of the living God; as God said,
“I will make my dwelling among them and walk among them,
and I will be their God,
and they shall be my people.
Therefore go out from their midst,
and be separate from them, says the Lord,
and touch no unclean thing;
then I will welcome you,
and I will be a father to you,
and you shall be sons and daughters to me,
says the Lord Almighty.” 2 Corinthians 6:14-16

In this modern world it is rare to see mankind behaving in a manner that is in accordance to these biblical boundaries.In fact, sometimes there seems to be little to no boundaries at all when we observe human behavior! There used to be clearer societal boundaries based upon common decency that everyone at least seemed aware of. Now it seems like everyone is walking about aimlessly in the darkness without a guide.
Who moved them?
But understand this, that in the last days difficult times will come. For people will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy, unloving, irreconcilable, slanderers, without self-control, savage, opposed to what is good, treacherous, reckless, conceited, loving pleasure rather than loving God. They will maintain the outward appearance of religion but will have repudiated its power.  2 Timothy 3:1-5

Even believers overstep the boundaries from time to time. But we are without excuse as we have been given the map of the path in which we are to follow, the path that was forged ahead of us is well lit by the WAY himself…He is TRUTH…and leads us to LIFE. The roadmap has clear boundaries in which we are kept safe by our loving Shepherd…especially in the shadowed valleys…as he guides us with His rod and staff lest we wander from the path of righteousness.

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”  John 14:6



Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,    I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.
   Psalm 23:4

“I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, who gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father’s hand.”   John 10 


 Isn't it wonderful to be kept safely within the boundaries that God has set for us? No wonder the Psalmist described the Lord's rod and staff as a comfort, and not something to fear or resent!
 

19 comments:

Mrs R said...

Love your post and pictures. The swan is so beautiful and I'm glad the robin has found another pastime.

Karen Kyle Ericson said...

Excellent post! I keep thinking the same as you- God created us to have separate nations and boundaries. Our skin is different and our beliefs are different- no one is better we're all His creation. One thing that I keep mulling about is the Tower of Babble and the need to spread the internet. Don't know for sure if there's a correlation just that it's got some bad and dangerous stuff in it. Thanks for this! God bless : )

Rebecca said...

~Good insight & truth about boundaries...
~And re. the robin, I think his relative visited me and exhibited the same behavior recently! I took a personal lesson from the experience about repeated foolish behavior with painful results, etc.
~I hope to visit you again from time to time. I've enjoyed my first (I think) visit to you here...

Never Forsaken said...

Hi Mrs. R,

Swans can be very aggressive and even violent sometimes...as my husband can attest to! But they are beautiful.
Yes I'm glad he is busy elsewhere too :)

Never Forsaken said...

Hi Karen,

That passage of scripture goes on to explain how God has blessed each nation with the one intent for all men to seek after Him...It reminded me of a lesson I heard a long time ago about how each region of the world would recieve the truth of the gospel message, but until they forsook their false deities and doctrines, they must be regarded as a people set apart from God and His people (Israel, at the time of the writing and Christians today).
We must present the gospel truth to the unsaved world , yet stay within the boundaries of that same gospel...But we are to love our brethren and have fellowship...The internet can become a modern day tower of Babel, but we can use it as a tool for the ministry and as a means to help/fellowship with one another...so it is good as long as boundaries are kept!
~God bless~

Never Forsaken said...

Hi Rebecca,

Yes, I remember reading your post about the robin! You are just south of Michigan, so I can imagine it could be possible, LOL!
Your analogy was good, but I don't remember if I left a comment or not.
Sometimes I tend to fly from blog to blog and forget where I've been along the way :)
Glad to have you visit..Please come back again. I do believe you have commented here before...somewhere (I think you mentioned something about a window in your comment. :)
~God bless~ Lisa

Denise said...

Fabulous post, enjoyed the pictures.

CAROLDEE said...

Very nice post.. I agree swans are wonderful from a distance.. too close could be dangerous.. :-)

Never Forsaken said...

Thank you, Denise!
~God bless~

Never Forsaken said...

Thank you, Caroldee!
~God bless~

Brenda said...

Hi Lisa,
Lovely post! Isn't it wonderful how the scriptures cause us to come alive. I love them, and they are full of truth, our spiritual food. I love your pics too, sometimes swans can be quite aggressive if they are nesting, out of protection. Best to associate with the mallards then eh? God bless

Brenda said...

Hi Lisa,
just read your testimony. It is so true that the experience of communication with our Maker is unlike any other experience and although one plants, one waters, and we all need one another, it is God who adds the increase. God bless you, and I love the new look on your blog. I would love to learn a little more about blog presentation. Will have to investigate.

Regine Karpel said...

How I needed this today! Thank you! You are a blessing from God!
www.rsrue.blogspot.com
How God will complete a good work in us until the time of Christ Jesus!

Dee said...

Boundaries are good for us....so many of us know how to cross them but not set them. Swans are beautiful. There are a lot of them where I live. I love the protectiveness the mommies have for their young....sadly many humans could follow their example. I am glad the annoying Robin problem is over...I hope he still has his beak :)

The Heart's Hunger said...

oh too many times have I over stepped bounderies the Lord has so Graciously set up for me. I know it's because He loves me and it's always for my protection --- and then we know how our God is with those He loves--- the discipline is never fun for me, can't imagine for anybody, lol.
However how faithful our Shepherd is to come after the strayed one from His flock- How I love Him for He never looses me even when I feel totally lost!

Birds! Birds- I love to watch them. Just this morning while I was tending to the gardens and watering. A little flock of Ibis came walking down the road picking here and there for their breakfest. How sweet a treat it was to watch them this morning!
Happy Saturday to you!!
God Bless:)

Never Forsaken said...

Hi Brenda,
I'm glad you read my testimony! I like to change things up here on this blog...there are so many nice templates on blogger. I love how your blog has a lighthouse theme...one of my favorites!
It is fun to learn...happy investigating, lol!

Never Forsaken said...

Hi Regine,
Thanks for such a sweet comment! I will be visiting your blog soon too. And I needed to be reminded that God is still working on me, but He has promised to complete this work!
~God bless~ Lisa

Never Forsaken said...

Hi Dee,

I do enjoy the swans, but I respect their boundaries...yes, we could follow their example! I see human mamas all the time who seem to forget they have little one's who need their care and protection...When my girls were little the rule was while in public they had to each keep physical contact with me, and at home they could not leave the yard when they were small!
(& I was always watching them.)
The robin is still around, but behaving himself now...only tapping now and then!

Never Forsaken said...

While I was searching for a picture of Jesus, I kept finding pics of Him reaching down to rescue the little lost sheep, and it made me feel secure to be reminded that when I do overstep He is never far away when I get into a bind!
Okay, so now I will do a Google search for 'Ibis'(?)...I love birds, even the old crows are fun to watch sometimes, although they can be bullies!
~God bless~ Lisa

So do not fear,  for I am with you;      do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen  you and help  you;      I will uphold ...