Monday, May 28, 2012

What’s Happening In Our Neck Of The Woods?


Here are a few local headlines that you might find interesting...

Searching for bigfoot in the woods of Houghton Lake, Michigan
The stars of a popular cable show are combing the woods around Houghton Lake, Mich., for signs of the the giant bipedal ape-man known as Bigfoot. Animal Planet's show "Finding Bigfoot" is filming in the area and drew 350 people to an April 5 town meeting held to gather clues about the whereabouts of the elusive cryptid, according to the Detroit News.
Psalm 104:24, 30
How many are your works, O Lord! In wisdom you made them all; the earth is full of your creatures.... When you send your Spirit, they are created, and you renew the face of the earth.


Searching for a fugitive in the woods of Houghton Lake, Michigan

A Houghton Lake manhunt is underway for 29 year-old Everett Alan Robinson. On Monday morning May 21st an Arenac County Sheriff's Deputy was transporting Robinson between Roscommon County and Arenac Courthouses for a hearing. Robinson overpowered the deputy, stole the deputy's gun and then the vehicle along M-55 between West Branch and Houghton Lake. After 30 hours of searching, which will continue, on Tuesday May 22nd at 5 p.m. the stretch of M-55 between M-157 and I-75 was reopened. Anyone seeing Robinson or with information should contact the Michigan State Police Tip Line at (877) 616-4677…..Maybe bigfoot got him?

*UPDATE* He was finally caught late this morning! (the fugitive, not Bigfoot)….Still no word on Bigfoot... although the search continues.

“For there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; and hid, that shall not be known” (Matthew 10:26).



Wildfires continue to burn in the Upper Peninsula….LANSING, Mich. (AP) — Gov. Rick Snyder has declared a state of disaster in the Upper Peninsula counties of Luce and Schoolcraft, where wildfires already have consumed more than 20,000 acres.
*Since late last week, the fire has burned more than 22,000 acres and destroyed 80 buildings including homes, cabins and sheds.

Isaiah 9:18 For wickedness burneth as the fire: it shall devour the briers and thorns, and shall kindle in the thickets of the forest, and they shall mount up like the lifting up of smoke.
 
Meanwhile, our own little fire remained safely contained

Smoke from the fire pit Saturday.

I really like the effect the smoke in the foreground has on the woods in the background.

~HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY~


8 comments:

  1. Hmmm? Maybe that wasn't a bear that Sasha saw! I remember when the fires went through the Mio area. Now it's all regrown. I don't think we have any Bigfeet around here but NORAD once tracked 17 UFOs in our village when they were headquartered here. Spooky little state we live in! Hope you are enjoying your holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jane,
    Well, I sure hope it was a bear!LOL
    Yes I think our state is weirder than others because of all of the water? Even the shape is weird!
    Have you ever read the 'Weird Michigan' books yet?...We have one & it is quite interesting. My daughter once tried to research the 'Dogman', after 'Monster Quest' interviewed some locals about a reported sighting...hmmm..jury is still out on all that as far as I'm concerned. Now UFOs scare me a little...I think I'd rather see a bigfoot!
    We are having a great relaxing holiday weekend, hope you are also!
    ~God Bless~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lisa ~ I'm originally from northern CA and they have always said that Bigfoot lived there?! You would think someone would have noticed him when he traveled that far! LOL
    Great post.
    Blessings...Chelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would think someone would have at least found a body or bones or something...I guess we'll never know until we get to heaven and ask God!LOL
      ~God Bless~

      Delete
  4. Ha! Big Foot story great! I hope he never crosses my path (or vice versa)... :)

    I hope your holiday was memorable; thanks for the wonderful update! :)

    Blessings Lisa,
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you never cross his path either Denise! What would you do I wonder? I always run AT whatever scares me...I hope he never crosses my path then! LOL
      ~God Bless~

      Delete
  5. I am so glad there are no Big Foots in Holland ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jedidja,
      If I ever see a bigfoot I will be moving to Holland!
      ~God Bless~

      Delete

A penny for your thoughts...
Sorry, no robots allowed...you don't have thoughts.

Translate