Wednesday, May 23, 2012

A Bear Scares Sasha (Again)

Bible Scriptures about Nature

Inspirational Scriptures about Nature

The earth is the Lord's and everything in it
Psalm 24:1

Song of Solomon 2:1 I am the rose of Sharon, and the lily of the valleys.

Let every creature praise His holy name
Psalm 145:21

Let everything that has breath praise the Lord
Psalm 150:6

As the deer pants for water, so my soul pants for you, O God
Psalm 42:1

The earth is the Lord's...for He has founded it upon the seas.
Psalm 24:1,2

What great deeds are done by His hands.
Mark 6:2

Shout joyfully to God...How awesome are your works.
Psalm 66:1,3

Great and marvelous are Thy works.
Revelations 15:3

The earth is filled with the Lord's glory.
Habakkuk 2:14

This is the day the Lord has made let us rejoice and be glad in it.
Psalm 118:24

For everything there is a season.
Ecclesiastes 3:1 .


I was inspired to write about God's awesome creation this morning when I awoke to quite the mess made from a mysterious visitor to the bird feeders late last night. I might have seen him if I had listened to the body language of my dog Sasha last night while I stayed up late cleaning house...She stared at the window where the feeders are, and then proceeded to walk backwards while continuing to stare and whine..I followed her gaze only briefly, but because I was getting so tired I only closed the blinds...She looked at me like I was either crazy (or maybe she thought I was brave to approach the window?)...I did not see anything, but then again I hardly glanced out. I thought maybe she was seeing a bear because as mentioned in an earlier post, she is really afraid of them, but I was too tired to be too curious.
So this morning I sat down with my cup of coffee and looked outside at the feeders like I do each morning, only there weren't any feeders there! At closer look I saw that both the suet and seed feeders lay broken on the ground...the suet was ripped right off the chain from which it hung. I checked the hummingbird feeders and aside from a new dent there weren't any fresh teeth marks in it (something used it as a chew toy last summer)...but directly below where that feeder hung on the wooden pole that holds the yard light, the electrical box was broken (as if something tried to use it as a foothold?) I also noted a strong urine like odor all around the area near the feeders..(I have been hard- put to keep the dogs away from that area today.) Of course there have been reports of bears in the area recently, so I am anxious to see one..(preferably through the window from safely within the cottage.)

Speaking of bears, this is the painting I did a couple years ago on our camper...we sold the camper to my brother in law this year, so if you see it, it isn't us pulling it around anymore.
 Poor Sasha, she had a long night...bear hunting in her dreams...She's looks exhausted!
*Big dog in a little chair*

Have a safe and fun Memorial Day weekend!
~God Bless~

8 comments:

  1. I hope you have a nice weekend too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Sasha! It is exhausting having a scare like that! That would be something to see a bear from the comfort of your own living room. But I think I'd be afraid to go out at night for awhile. Are you ready for the summer tourists? Last weekend's warm weather kicked off the season around here. Have a nice Memorial weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jane,
    Yes we are getting ready for the population to double this weekend.
    We are planning a nice stay-cation right here at home with a day of yard sailing planned for tomorrow, and family visiting later...The good news is the dirt roads are getting brined, the bad new is the gas prices have gone up!
    ~God Bless~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lisa,
    I'm with Sasha. A nice nap helps things! LOL Enjoy your stay-cation. I am on my way home from vacation ow for a much needed rest! Vacations aren't always what they're said to be! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Chelle, You and Sasha have the right idea! I know what you mean about needing recovery after a vacation...I hate all the packing and unpacking especially...It wasn't so bad when we had our camper as we kept that pretty stocked so we could just pretty much take right off...I miss that camper, but with both my husband and I having arthritis, it was too hard climbing up into the sleeping area, (he has Rhematoid arthritis)...so we had to sell it.
    ~God Bless~ Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lisa,

    Bears sure can be messy. One year while the family and I were away, a bear decided to attack our barbecue and tore into the fat drippings. Needless to say the barbecue was a mess but salvageable.

    Hoping Sasha will get some rest.

    Blessings,
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi COG,
    A friend had a bear bend her (shepherd's hook) feeder right down to the ground...she and her husband enjoyed watching him roll around on the ground and then playfully splash at the creek water right next to their home. Another neighbor had a bear playing around on their docked pontoon boat a few years ago. A portion of land nearby has been deforested, so I have noticed there have been more 'visits' to the community lately.
    Sasha is currently working on her 20 hour nap!
    ~God Bless~

    ReplyDelete

A penny for your thoughts...
Sorry, no robots allowed...you don't have thoughts.

Translate