Monday, May 12, 2014

Another Door Closes

Mother's Day 2014
In the middle of 'Nowhere'!


Grossbeaks

Since the beginning of the journey through cancer, I have been using the analogy of travelling through different rooms for each aspect of treatment, from the initial biopsy, official diagnosis, surgery, and treatment.
I am very pleased to finally announce that the door to this room (chemotherapy) has been tightly closed!
I had a talk with my oncologist who reassured me that there is no reason to worry about ever having to re-open this particular door ever again.
I cannot express enough, the gratitude for the love and prayers that poured out from you all... There aren't adequate words for how I feel.
I am still undergoing the targeted therapy that will continue for the remainder of the year...but the word "Chemotherapy" does not apply to this type of therapy. This therapy has an interesting back story to it...In fact, there was a book written and then a lifetime movie made about the doctor who first developed the breast cancer drug Herceptin. This life-saving drug has saved many lives in recent years. Mine included.

So, what's next?  Wow...That is the question. First, I must take time to recover and gain my strength back...and just take life one day at a time. I am still learning how to do this....It is surprising how good it feels to make a plan not to make any big plans! The pressure is off. I learned enough through these past few months to know that big plans belong to God anyway and not me....I will wait and see what He has in store for me now. For today...Well, so far I am up and out of bed...enjoying my coffee while listening to the rain fall and to Sasha snoring. I feel pretty good today. I do love a rainy day!
 I am grateful for what I have learned through this experience, and hope never to lose sight of these life lessons...But, I am so very ready to move forward once again into the next room awaiting me...ABUNDANT LIFE!
What profound wisdom do I now have...if any to share with you?
The thief came...he took, he destroyed...He tried to kill...BUT, it is Jesus who ultimately restores, rebuilds, and gives life.....This is the profound wisdom that I have to share with you today.

The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly. John 10:10

And that is as good as it gets...An abundant life given freely through the GRACE of Jesus Christ!



Yesterday's gone, sweet Jesus
And tomorrow may never be mine
Lord, help me today, show me the way
One day at a time.... From the song 'One day at a Time' by Cristy Lane


~BLESSINGS & LOVE~
and remember, we are....

~NEVER FORSAKEN~

22 comments:

Karen Kyle Ericson said...

Yay Lisa! You did it : ) So glad for you. And thanks be to God! May He bless you abundantly, and continue to show you where the good shots are with the Canon. I got some shots of a white Heron today. Love ya!

Jane said...

Wonderful news, Lisa!

Never Forsaken said...

Would love to see the white Heron...We have plenty of blue ones here.
Yes, Thanks to God...I got through it!
I wanted to jump up and down at the oncology office Friday...but they gave me Benadryl...which made me way too sleepy(LOL), but I told the nurses how excited I was!
Love you too, my friend!

Never Forsaken said...

Thanks Jane...it went a bit faster than I thought it would too (Thank the Lord!)

Sharon said...

Precious Lisa, what wonderfully great news this is!! I'm so happy for you. You and the Lord have battled well, and I am proud to know you. Strength and courage as you mend and move forward - heal quickly.

GOD BLESS!

Reformed rebel said...

PRAISE THE LORD Lisa!! WOOOOWHOOOOOO!!!

You just made my day! I am so happy for you and your family. With the power and strength of the LORD you won the battle. Reminds me of 2 Corinthians 20:15. The battle wasn't yours but the Lords. Now just finish healing and get your strength back!

Hugs to you Lisa!

Denise said...

My beautiful, courageous, strong survivor sis, love you beyond measure.

Peggy said...

Lisa, I'm so happy for you that you are through with chemotherapy. And that you are nearing the end of this difficult journey and moving forward to abundant living. All praise goes to Jesus for your healing. You've been a beautiful light as I've followed your blog posts.

Never Forsaken said...

Hi Sharon,
I like how you said: "You and the Lord"...because I could not have done this battle without His strength! I now know what is possible...anything with Jesus by our side!

Never Forsaken said...

This is the third time I am coming to you. Every charge must be established by the evidence of two or three witnesses. 2 I warned those who sinned before and all the others, and I warn them now while absent, as I did when present on my second visit, that if I come again I will not spare them— 3 since you seek proof that Christ pis speaking in me. He is not weak in dealing with you, but qis powerful among you. 4 For he was crucified in weakness, but lives by the power of God. For we also are weak in him, but in dealing with you we will live with him by the power of God.
Amen, Chelle!

((HUGS)) and love to you, my friend~Lisa

Never Forsaken said...

Your love and prayers helped carry me through this...I love you too, sweet Sis!

Never Forsaken said...

Yes, All praise to Jesus...and a very heart-felt "Thank you" to you for following along with me through this difficult time, My friend~ Blessings and love~ Lisa

Lisa in Texas = ) said...

Just wanted to drop by and tell you that I think you are looking really good. You have beautiful skin! I am so glad that the chemo is over for you too.
God bless~ Lisa :O)

child of God said...

It is done! Thank you for sharing so much with us as you walked through this. You are such a strong, beautiful woman I can hardly wait until the day we meet in heaven. Continuing to cover you in prayer sister.

Blessings and love,
<><

Dee said...

YAY....wonderful news!!!!!!! You look great.

Ken said...

Hi Lisa. How awesome is our God! I am so happy for you over this news. May God bless you abundantly. Ken

Deanna said...

Love you Lisa! Still have you in my prayers♡

Never Forsaken said...

Awe, thanks Lisa...soft skin was actually an unexpected (good) SE from the chemo! Its weird, but we are supposed to use baby wash, lotion, and shampoo when the hair starts coming back...Thank the Lord I didn't need pampers too...LOL!
Blessings~ Lisa

Never Forsaken said...

Hi sweetie...I would love to meet you face to face too! I will have to settle for a wonderful online friendship for now heart to heart...sister to sister...Love you and pray for you too!

Never Forsaken said...

Thanks, Dee..I hope you are enjoying some warmer weather...Sunshine is peeking through the clouds as I write this...and of course it is sprinkling a bit too...But it is all good!

Never Forsaken said...

Hi Ken, AWESOME in all capital letters! May you and your family be blessed as well :D

Never Forsaken said...

I know you are praying still, my dear friend...you are such an inspiration as you have walked with me through this and triumphed over many of your own trials...So glad to watch you and your family growing and having fun together...God is our strength, and hears our prayers...Love you too!

So do not fear,  for I am with you;      do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen  you and help  you;      I will uphold ...