Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Simple and complicated things UPDATE


*UPDATE Liver is doing better. I am pretty anemic, so I'm kinda wore down today...Still doing good though, Thanks for all the prayers!
HAVE A BLESSED RESURRECTION SUNDAY!
I'll be back some time next week.




Keeping my mind on the simple joys of life, and on the grace God gives me for each day is keeping me sane.
Things have been up and down around here lately.
First of all, the sonographer who checked my heart said it still looks "pretty", and that the area (left chamber) is what they are watching...and the valve and everything is working well.
She said she would read it in more detail and send the report to my doctor. (Thanks for praying)
The blood test for liver function was also done, and we will know this Friday when I go for chemo #5.
We were unable to visit the Cross In the Woods because I had a bad cold that only lasted for three days because I decided to give it to Jeff...who still has it. This was the shortest cold I ever had, so I am confident that my immune system is working well!

On the same day last week, I was informed that someone hacked into my Google account, and then I discovered that someone had trespassed onto our property, and the place I go in the woods had a bunch of litter thrown all around...I ended up cleaning it up filling two (grocery sized)  bags!

Both issues are now resolved (hopefully). I changed my Google password, and Jeff caught two kids playing in the spot where I found the trash...He nicely told them they didn't belong there...they left without argument...Hopefully they will not try again since (a): it is not a safe place for small kids without supervision to play and (b): they don't seem to have very good manners!

We also had quite a lot of trouble with both our phone and internet accounts...As far as the phone, it has been nearly impossible to use for the past few months. We have been trying to get out of paying an early termination fee with them by stating the fact that the service is almost useless and we are experiencing a major health issue which requires a dependable phone. At first we were told that it was not an acceptable reason to terminate early...but the next day they left a message that they would not charge us if we returned the equipment and to call them to request a return kit...when I called I had to speak with three different people before they would finally honor their promise...after I had to repeat the whole thing over and over each time! I was so stressed out by the end of it I was nearly in tears! Such a simple thing became quite complicated.
But, after May 5th we will have a better phone connection finally after more than a year!
As far as the internet (its the same company but a different account)...that contract will be up in four months. This is the first time this week I've had a good enough signal to be able to update this blog from home!
We also took quite a financial hit...something came up that ended up depleting our savings account...but hopefully that issue will be resolved quickly too.
But, as always...we have lived our lives by what the following quote says:


Delight in Simple Things

~Learn to like what doesn’t cost too much.
~Learn to like reading, conversation, music.
~Learn to like plain food, plain service, plain cooking.
~Learn to like fields, trees, brooks, hiking, rowing, climbing hills.
~Learn to like people, even though some of them may be different from you.
~Learn to like to work and enjoy the satisfaction of doing your job as well as it can be done.
~Learn to like the songs of birds, the companionship of dogs.
~Learn to like gardening, puttering around the house, and fixing things.
~Learn to like the sunrise and sunset, the beating of rain on the roof and windows, and the gentle fall of snow on a winter day.
~Learn to keep your wants simple, and refuse to be controlled by the likes and dislikes of others.
–L. B. Bennion
  

And of course this scripture...

Matthew 6:25-34

25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life[a]?
28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

I am feeling pretty good much of the time. Although I am experiencing more nausea and continue to have neuropathy in my fingers. The strangest symptom so far is how my upper eyelids are almost constantly twitching! It's pretty annoying!
Oh, and the chemo has finally put me into instant menopause, so I am having hot flashes and night sweats every day and night. This is the worst of all symptoms! I will ask my nurse on Friday if I can take an herbal remedy for this while I am getting chemo. I only have two more to go!
The weather here has been weird...as is the case in many places, I know.
We had a lot of rain over the weekend...so we would not have been able to go anywhere anyway.
The rain flooded out many roads in the area. (Thank the Lord we live on a big hill!)
The temperature went from the 50's (F) down into the twenties as of yesterday, and we got a couple inches of snow last night!
I am sitting here under the blanket typing this...but the sun is shining once again!
here is what it looked like two days ago:





Oh...and I almost forgot to mention that I got robbed!



Yep, that's my coffee cup on the ground...Those two stole it while I was taking some shots!

Well, that is all for now...Life may have its ups and downs, but God is always in control and working everything out for our good.

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose... Roman 8:28

 

~BLESSINGS & LOVE~

and remember, we are...

~NEVER FORSAKEN~

16 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa - you sound great. I love the shot of the coffee robbers hahaha. I have to watch my cats too. I really like the "Delight in Simple Things." I tend to get busy about things that don't seem so necessary lol. It is hard to focus on the everyday necessities : ) God bless! And I'm still praying. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen, Love you too, my friend!

      Delete
  2. Hi Lisa ~ Well, it seems as if everything is hitting all at the same time and still yet....you seem to be handling all of it quite well. Praise the LORD because we know that HE is in control of all the situations...messes of life...that we seem to find ourselves in. One thing I have come to learn is that GOD is good no matter what! GOD is good all the time and all the time GOD is good! Amen! Love the pic of your babies having some coffee! I am continuing to pray for you Lisa. Love you my friend and God bless. Chelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully soon we can finish that phone conversation! It's funny, but before I read your comment about how God is good...I was already thinking it and saying in my heart how God is good all the time!
      Love you too, my friend!

      Delete
  3. Hi Lisa,
    Glad to hear your heart is still looking beautiful.
    I must say though, I sure do love these last set of robbers. :) They are cute!

    Praying for you hon.
    <><

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha...Yep it was funny to catch them going behind my back like thaat...Makes me wonder how often I don't catch them!! LOL~

      Delete
  4. Hi Lisa, I love that, "delight in the simple things." With all that you are going through, you seem to have a good attitude. Praise God that when we go through these trials, we do not go it alone. I am praying for you. Ken

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is amazing, Ken how much I can actually feel the prayers of my family and friends...There are times when I have not been able to pray myself, but knew I was being lifted. This has also taught me how important it is to pray for others as well...and I am learning more and more how to really talk to our Father!

      Delete
  5. Sweet Lisa, you have a way of taking me from tears to laughter! I just love your heart! ♥ Even through the hardships and tragedy, isn't it always a blessing to look at the simple pleasures that make our hearts smile? God is so good to focus our thoughts on His many blessings that so often go unnoticed! Trust and gratitude go hand in hand, and when we trust that there is a divine reason for everything, we can be thankful for all of it! ♥

    I am sorry you weren't able to visit the Cross; I know how you looked forward to it! I hope you visit soon! Ha ha...love the picture of your dogs enjoying a cup of coffee; caught in the act!

    Blessings and love during this Holy Week as we reflect on His amazing love and grace...♥ love you!
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love making you laugh! I guess this is the way I do it...make my loved ones cry and then make them laugh. That is what my family said I kept doing before my surgery...as soon as they felt like the tears were ready to fall, I would crack another joke! Even my surgeon and his nurse could not help but to laugh.
      I was astonished at how many jokes I could pull out of that very serious situation...But the funniest thing I said and I can barely remember it...was when I came out of recovery and pointing to my daughter Sam and her fiance...I asked if they had gotten married yet? LOL!
      Love you too, my sweet friend!

      Delete
  6. Praying over all of these needs sis, everything will be ok. God is carrying you. I knew your heart was beyond beautiful. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a beautiful comment, Denise...I love you too, my sweet sister!

      Delete
  7. So sorry everything has happened. Someone hacked ours a few months ago. It's hard to get that stuff straightened out. I'm so glad you're doing better. Still thinking of you and sending up prayers. Blessings and Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear one appreciate your honesty here and sharing your heavy heart. Blessings to you.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. If I was to get robbed I would want these two to be the culprits...LOL Girl....you have had a mighty rough simplicity....you are handling everything so well...you are looking at the positive and not giving in to the frustrations. You are an inspiration to me. Easter Blessings and a Hug. Dee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry for all this added turmoil in your life. Sometimes the *hits* just keep on coming, don't they? Continued prayers. I was glad to hear the update - that your liver is doing better. You continue to inspire me, for even in the midst of your heavy trials, you keep looking up.

    GOD BLESS!

    ReplyDelete

A penny for your thoughts...
Sorry, no robots allowed...you don't have thoughts.

Translate