Sunday, February 17, 2013

Yearning For Springtime!




Spring...the season of change, renewal, and new hope.

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!
(2 Thes. 5:17)


This was taken on February 2nd. I don't know what happened with that groundhog,
but I saw my shadow!
And we also saw this gorgeous sunset on the trail:

Well, I have certainly had more than enough of this winter weather! It's been crazy this year.
We are down in the single digits and have had one winter advisery after another all month long.

and this was the next day~


The pine tree in front of the kitchen window.
 
Our street!
 

 The weather report is calling for freezing rain in the morning. Cabin fever is setting in!
All I can do is change the look of my blog in order to escape from all the white stuff until the real flowers bloom.
But I don't want to complain. MEH! Who am I kidding!

I sure hope spring gets here soon.


On that day there will be no light, no cold or frost. It will be a unique day, without daytime or nighttime—a day known to the LORD. When evening comes, there will be light.
Zechariah 14:6-7
 

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Denise, I hope you are not snowed in where you live. Many of the blogs I visit are already talking about their gardens!

      Delete
  2. I know it's cold but those pics sure are beautiful! We have had a heat wave the last couple of days. In the 50's two days last week and the rest the 40's! Now we should get some snow on Monday or Tuesday. Who knows what to wear to work!! LOL
    Blessings Lisa...Chelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, I guess you would call that variety. I am actually just happy that the sun is shining once in awhile, but 50 sounds pretty sweet.
      I guess you should dress in layers? LOL!
      ~God bless~ Lisa

      Delete
  3. Yesterday I saw two doves on the roof of the neighbors. I see crocuses bloom. Spring is coming, here in Holland.

    But I love the snowphotos. Snowtime is bloggingtime for you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jedidja,

      We have so many doves here (one of my favorites)...I would love to see crocuses...Oh thank the Lord for the internet where I can visit other places!
      My camera takes pretty nice outside pictures, so I try to get out there whenever it is pretty like in those pics.I usually blog only when my husband is at work and he works for the road commission (so when it snows he goes) LOL!
      ~God bless you, my Holland friend ;)

      Delete
  4. Oh how I am ready for warmer weather too Lisa; we have been teased this last week but it's not over yet! More snow this week, just after it has finally melted! Definitely applying my one word for this year "content" Ha!

    Blessings and love friend!
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Denise,
      Oh those teasers! I guess it is a good time to apply my word for the year too "Joy"!
      haha!
      ~Blessings and love to you too!
      Lisa

      Delete
  5. Wow looking at all your snow and coldness I sure hope Spring comes soon for you. beautiful photo's:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dee,
      It was warm today (40) but getting cold tomorrow with rain and then more snow coming...or is it snow and then rain? Ah bunkers, I can't keep track of this weather...it's going to be a mess either way though!
      Glad you like the photos..I use an old smartphone...until it gets too cold and freezes up, and then it's time to go back inside, lol!

      Delete
  6. There is one daffodil blooming in my front yard and lots of shoots coming up so spring is surely coming soon. Praise God!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Peggy,

      If there are daffodils blooming here, I can't see them underneath all this snow! LOL

      ~God bless~

      Delete

A penny for your thoughts...
Sorry, no robots allowed...you don't have thoughts.

Translate