Thursday, February 28, 2013

Are you weary and heavy laden?


CIMG2147 (2)

CIMG2151_thumb[5]


CIMG2185 - Copy_thumb[6][1]

What is Jesus’ yoke?



Jesus asks us to take His yoke upon us. The yoke makes it easier to carry the burden. It balances it out, and allows us to shift the load to a more stable place in order to carry on.

Pick up your cross and follow me…

If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me. Luke 9:23

What is my cross?

At this point I got the image of Simon helping Jesus carry the weight of the cross the rest of the way to Calvary… (Mat. 27:32)



I stopped this essay in order to ask the Lord to explain…

Are you saying, Lord, that just as Simon helped you bear the cross, I must help you to bear it now?
Jesus showed me that the cross he bore (for my sake) belonged to Simon, and to me, and to you.

I then imagined it to be me who was weary and beaten and heavy laden beneath that heavy cross, that cross of pain and agony and death.

Suddenly, the picture unfolds to a scene where Jesus takes the cross from me, along with my pain and agony and the weight of my sin, and my burden is light, because His yoke makes it so…easier on me. It is all on Him now.



But, I continue to question the Lord:

If the sacrifice was made upon that terrible cross, why must I pick it up now and carry it “daily”. Isn’t what you did for me “finished”?

Then it occurred to me, that the cross that we are asked to carry is not the cross of Calvary.

No, the cross Jesus is referring to is a representation of a life sacrificed to service to the Lord, not our sins. (As those have been dealt with once and for all  by Jesus on Calvary.)

So, in answer to my question “What is my cross?”

My cross is carrying the message of Jesus Christ to all who will hear (or see) it. It means that I must sacrifice my time and my talents to this kind of life instead of pursuing selfish ambitions.
It means, that because Jesus has freed me from the burden of sin, I am free to put His yoke upon myself, and carry HIS BURDEN…and it is light because it is carried in His strength, and not my own.
And *Most importantly, it is because of the cross of Calvary that it is possible for us to have this connection (yoke) with the Lord!

CIMG2195

*If you feel the weight of an un-confessed sin bearing down upon you, that is conviction. Something you should ask  Father for forgiveness for immediately, so that He can set you free from it!*

I'M FREE!

*Now I envisioned the wood from the cross being made into a wooden yoke.*

Yoke on the Wall

But what about my own burdens?

Jesus says he will give us rest when we labor under a heavy burden. Since His is a “light” burden, then he must be referring to the burdens that we try to carry upon our shoulders all alone. We must give these things  over to Jesus in order to have rest from them.

Cast your burden upon the Lord, and He will sustain you; He will never allow the righteous to be shaken. Psalm 55:22

Your burdens are too heavy for you to bear alone . The weight of responsibility on you to provide for your family, or care for a loved one, or to deal with an illness, worry about the future, or even memories from the past are all a heavy load which is impossible for you to bear alone! Eventually you will break underneath it.

CIMG2204

We must  learn of Him…

He is meek~

"I AM MEEK." This particular word in the Greek means gentle, mild in disposition.

Jesus says he is lowly in heart…

"I AM LOWLY IN HEART." The Greek word lowly means humble...in other words not
having pride.
Source: http://www.disciplesofthemessiah.net/web_documents/he_is_meek_and_lowly_of_heart_devot.pdf

~Father I come before you a weak and weary soul. I haven’t much to offer you…    
but I have time and I have a willing heart and mind..these I devote to the study of you, Lord Jesus…I have a computer and an internet connection, these I dedicate as tools to use for your glory.
And I offer up to you the sacrifice of praise with a heart full of thanksgiving for your many mercies and blessings, and I gladly take your yoke upon myself, as I seek to learn of you more and more.
I pray, Dear Father that you find these offerings acceptable.
In Jesus I am…~NEVER FORSAKEN~
~Amen~

20 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa,
    So true! The cross that we carry is bearable because Jesus carries it with us. He is a true, pure gentleman, our Knight in shining armour.

    Beautiful pictures.

    Blessings,
    <><

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi COG,

      Yes He is, He does not ask anything of us that is not for our own good. ~We have a truly good and loving Savior~
      We can trust wherever He leads us will be just where we are meant to be.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Hi JBR,

      So did I~ I needed to be reminded to learn of Him more and more. I have been trying to deal with things that the Lord has already settled. I thought I knew that until I started picking them up and lugging them around in my mind again.
      Once I cast my burdens upon Him...He never asked me to take them back...somehow the devil came along and said..."Um, you dropped something back there". And then he proceeded to hand me counterfit baggage that looked like my old stuff! And I was decieved.

      Delete
  3. A good message. It would be nice if we spent more time learning and putting into practice Gods word to us....worry and anxiety and trying to fix everybody's everything is a lot of hard meaningless work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, I can always count on you for the inspiration I need. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susie,

      Thank you, and I can say the same for you too!

      Delete
  5. Wonderful message and you pictures are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jane,
      I've missed you...It's good to hear from you again. Hope you are having a good winter, LOL!
      We are anticipating springtime once again around here.

      Delete
  6. I love this post, Lisa. From the outside looking in, people can look at Christianity as a heave burden. I know I did before I was saved. I have to give up these things. I must do these other things... But little did I realize that the burden of my sin was overwhelming. In Christ, I have been set free. It is wonderful that I do not have bear the cross of Calvary.
    May God bless you,
    Ken

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ken,

      I know what you mean,unfortunately, I still felt like that even after I got saved. I think it was because I was not raised in a church and I got saved when I was only 20. I spent many years thinking that Christianity meant not having fun anymore, especially because I was pretty much by myself in my faith at that time...Jesus was always with me, and it was because of His love that I endured a cross of my own making...but I never felt totally free back then, that has come in time though.
      ~God bless~ Lisa

      Delete
  7. Beautiful post. I think sometimes I rely too much on myself when I should be relying on Jesus. What a wonderful prayer you left us with.
    Is the dog a black Lab? He/she looks just like our dog, Zoe Rose. She lived 14 years and gave us such love and joy.
    I had a really hard time trying to follow you, when I clicked, it kept saying to come back later? Finally it worked, maybe just a timing glitch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Krystal Lynn,

      Buddy's mother was a golden retriever, and father was a black and tan coonhound; he looks alot like a lab, but has more jowls and longer ears. 14 years is a long life for a (big)dog, we just lost our little 16 yr old chihuahua Emma in January. We also have a husky mix named Sasha she will be 10 in June.
      Glad you were finally able to make Blogger work for you...sometimes it does, and sometimes not so much, LOL!
      ~God bless~
      Lisa

      Delete
  8. Lisa, This is a lovely post. I like to think about being yoked with Jesus as being walking so in step with Him that the yoke doesn't pull or scrape my neck. I pray that spring will soon be where you are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Peggy,

      That is a good analogy, I'm afraid that oftentimes I have fell out of step and suffered the burn. Jesus always reaches down and grabs hold of me though.
      It is getting a bit warmer here. We have been hiking through the snow on the trails, and my arthriris does not like that.
      ~God bless~

      Delete
  9. Hi Lisa,
    it is so true that in Christ we are never forsaken. We could not have anyone care for us more and bear our burdens like Jesus can. Lovely scriptures, lovely pics, and who would not want to share such lovely good news. God bless you in your blessed sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brenda,

      In my life before Christ, I was often forsaken by the people who were supposed to be there for me; when I came to know Jesus. I identified with His plea from the cross "Father why has thou forsaken me?"
      And then once I came to understand why the father forsook His son Jesus, I was to clearly understand it was so that I would never be forsaken by the one who loves me most. That is why my user name is Never Forsaken. No burden has been too heavy since then, unless I find myself picking up stuff I was never meant to carry in the first place.
      ~God bless~

      Delete

A penny for your thoughts...
Sorry, no robots allowed...you don't have thoughts.

Translate