Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Eagle Strong!

What a beautiful and powerful bird to see in action!
 
 

I once witnessed an eagle disembowel a small deer right in front of me...It used only its talons to do so.

Parent and young eagle together...the crows flying overhead are a good reference to the size of these birds! When the parent left the carcass to fly closer to the youngster, we knew we had overstayed our welcome and promptly left.

Juvenile ...It takes five years for him to develop the white head and tail.
This one hung comically in the air just a few feet over the road as if caught in a wind shear before he joined his parent in the field where she had either found or took down an animal.

 
Psalm 103:5               
Who satisfies you with good so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.
Isaiah 40:31               
But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.

These photos were taken on a Sunday drive...just moments before, I had told Jeff that for the first time in more than two years, I was finally feeling strong and healthy again!

Knowing that the enemy would likely try and persuade me otherwise, I almost didn't say it out loud...But, my God is greater than the enemy...and He brought me through it all in order that I would have life...not death.


John 10:10
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

Here's a really neat thing I want to share with you...At times in my life God has sent me eagles and sometimes other animals, and although some would disagree, I believe they are messengers...Two different Birthdays...once while I was boating and another time while fishing. And recently when I was overly anxious about going someplace on my own, and felt like turning back, an eagle flew just over my van nearly the whole way down the road, and so close I could see her looking side to side as she soared just above me!
The day of my mother's memorial service, as we were heading out to leave, there were two young raccoons in the yard with their mother nearby...I sat down on the ground (in my good clothes), and fed the babies from my hand...They gently took each morsel of cat food from my palm using their tiny fingers while the mama stayed back a few feet watching.
So, the sight of the young eagle with its parent providing for it and protecting it with its close presence is, to me, a sign from my heavenly Father that He will keep me in health for such a time as this...It is not time for me to leave yet. There's still work to be done. But my Abba Father will go before me and behind me... Just like that parent eagle, He never takes His eyes off His child. When danger comes near...He hems me in.

Psalm 139

 

You have searched me, Lord,
    and you know me.
You know when I sit and when I rise;
    you perceive my thoughts from afar.
You discern my going out and my lying down;
    you are familiar with all my ways.
Before a word is on my tongue
    you, Lord, know it completely.
You hem me in behind and before,
    and you lay your hand upon me.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.
Where can I go from your Spirit?
    Where can I flee from your presence?
If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
    if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
    if I settle on the far side of the sea,
10 even there your hand will guide me,
    your right hand will hold me fast.
11 If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me
    and the light become night around me,”
12 even the darkness will not be dark to you;
    the night will shine like the day,
    for darkness is as light to you.
13 For you created my inmost being;
    you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
    your works are wonderful,
    I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you
    when I was made in the secret place,
    when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed body;
    all the days ordained for me were written in your book
    before one of them came to be.
17 How precious to me are your thoughts,[a] God!
    How vast is the sum of them!
18 Were I to count them,
    they would outnumber the grains of sand
    when I awake, I am still with you.
19 If only you, God, would slay the wicked!
    Away from me, you who are bloodthirsty!
20 They speak of you with evil intent;
    your adversaries misuse your name.
21 Do I not hate those who hate you, Lord,
    and abhor those who are in rebellion against you?
22 I have nothing but hatred for them;
    I count them my enemies.
23 Search me, God, and know my heart;
    test me and know my anxious thoughts.
24 See if there is any offensive way in me,
    and lead me in the way everlasting.

~Blessings & Love~
and always remember, we are...

~NEVER FORSAKEN~

10 comments:

  1. such a powerful post, love you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe you are right that the animals are signs from Above, Lisa. Glad you are feeling strong and healthy!

    Hugs
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jane. God uses His Word to speak to us, and His creation to make Himself known...Scripture confirms this in Romans 1:20

      Delete
  3. I believe God ministers to us through nature. David certainly must have believed that, for his psalms are full of God's creation and how it speaks to God's glory, to His faithfulness and love. Eagles are amazing. We are in an area of Oregon called Eagle Cap Wilderness, and so we do get to see them from time to time. Thanks for sharing this today. It's lovely. ~ Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a lovely place, Nancy!
      There are numerous verses in the Bible involving animals and nature; I believe God still speaks to us this way.
      Glad you enjoyed this.~Lisa

      Delete
  4. Oh I believe this with all of my heart. It's happened to me many times, especially since I've been in this valley. I saw a beautiful Long Neck Crane one day last week walking through my little creek at the back of the house and this week I saw two wild Ducks, (Mallards) swimming down the creek. It's when we're at our lowest he lets us know he's there. this is such a beautiful and powerful post. So glad to hear from you. Love and Blessings, ~Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry you have to walk through the valley, dear sister...But, it's in the valley that we get rest and nourishment for the soul.. in order to make the climb to the mountaintop once again.
      This Psalm 139 is one of my favorites, and I especially love the part that tells us that wherever we are, our Lord is there with us...and whether valley or mountaintop, with the Lord's presence, we are where we need to be and joy is found in His presence.
      ((hugs))Blessings & Love to you~Lisa

      Delete
  5. Hi Lisa,
    A truly beautiful post, and I love the way that the Lord has used the eagle to encourage you, I love eagles too. He has encouraged me many times with Isaiah 40 v. 31.
    Do not be afraid to speak about how well you are feeling, it is glorifying God, our healer. His word has the power to bring into existence that which does not exist, and His plans for us are for our welfare and not to harm us.
    May God continue to bless you with good health Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your truthful and encouraging words!

      Delete

A penny for your thoughts...
Sorry, no robots allowed...you don't have thoughts.

Translate